Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just want to get a taste of FPV
1166 12 2016-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
schoenda
lvl.1
United States

So I don't really think the Inspire is suited for FPV on the whole but I have never experienced FPV and would like to check it out. Are there any apps for Inspire that would let me use one of those reletively cheap headsets that you put your cell phone into. I know it wouldnt be 3d. I just don't see investing in extra transmitter, reciever, headset, etc fo me at this point.

Thank you for your replies.
2016-8-29
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

If you just put the camera in FPV, it will give you a good Idea of what it looks like, I for one am to Old for this and it makes me motion sick.  Go to best Buy and get the Goggles they sell for  Your  phone, they are cheap and made of cardboard.

It is a good Idea to see if you like that kind of flying, the guys and gals that are good at this are amazing, it is just not for me .
I bought some expensive goggles ( Zeis cinemizer ) only to find out I hated it .  Promplty returned said  zeiss optics.

good luck

donnie
2016-8-29
Use props
schoenda
lvl.1
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-29 07:22
If you just put the camera in FPV, it will give you a good Idea of what it looks like, I for one am  ...

Donnie, Thank you for your reply. Doesn't the phone have to display split screen for the headgear to work, like for 3d games and such, or will they work with the regular DJIGo phone video feed. Thanks.
2016-8-29
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

schoenda Posted at 2016-8-29 10:06
Donnie, Thank you for your reply. Doesn't the phone have to display split screen for the headgear  ...

Not with this simple method, all you are doing is using the phone and your go app for the main screen .  By doing a double tap on the main screen  the system information will go away  and you would have full screen for FPV.

I mean you could have  a second slave transmitter  and video for safety , but if you just want a taste of it, I would just go to an open area and go for it.

Be sure to sit down at first when doing this, you can get dizzy.

I like using a HOODMAN  for watching the Video on my I pad, it gives a very immersive feel and you may like it as well.  
hman 2.PNG
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

schoenda Posted at 2016-8-29 23:06
Donnie, Thank you for your reply. Doesn't the phone have to display split screen for the headgear  ...

Unfortunately the DJI Go app does not have a FPV Goggle mode. Some have been able to get it to work strictly via the HDMI out port, but that's it.
2016-8-29
Use props
schoenda
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-29 09:23
Unfortunately the DJI Go app does not have a FPV Goggle mode. Some have been able to get it to wor ...

Thanks again guys. I will give it a go.
2016-8-29
Use props
adam1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

Try this...

http://www.cloudlightfpv.com/dji.php
2016-8-29
Use props
schoenda
lvl.1
United States

AAARRRRGGGG! Only for Apple right now. I use a Galaxy s6 Android. But looks just like what I need. Thanks.

I see "DroneVR Plus" in android store that is supposed to do this but LOTS of bad reviews. I will pass on that for now.
2016-8-29
Use props
cnmoss9946
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The Litchi App has side by side option, but its a paid app. Tried it tday for the 1st time.......dont think its for me either..very strange. promptly turned it off and returned to normal view mode.
2016-8-29
Use props
schoenda
lvl.1
United States

cnmoss9946 Posted at 2016-8-29 12:49
The Litchi App has side by side option, but its a paid app. Tried it tday for the 1st time.......don ...

I have heard good things about Lichti. I may give it a try, I didn't know it had side by side! If I end up hating it, well I will still have the other benefits of Lichti I guess. I still need some goggles but will probably get some cheap ones. Will let you know how it goes.
2016-8-29
Use props
schoenda
lvl.1
United States

schoenda Posted at 2016-8-29 13:53
I have heard good things about Lichti. I may give it a try, I didn't know it had side by side! If  ...

Well, that's done...39$ headset. Video was great, yeah Lightbridge, but not too exciting I must say. Perhaps it would be better with a more immersive headset and 3d camera on a zippy little drone...but in all more fun to think about than to do. Maybe in a few years when phones are like 6K display and 3d cameras are better, and Lightbridge supports 3d...and...
2016-9-4
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

schoenda Posted at 2016-9-4 12:09
Well, that's done...39$ headset. Video was great, yeah Lightbridge, but not too exciting I must sa ...

My sentiments exactly, great minds think alike

cheers - donnie
2016-9-4
Use props
sskkyy
New

Week ago I purchased Dream Flights from App store. They have Android version also (http://www.dreamflights.pro/fly.html). This App allows you to Pitch/Roll/Throttle +some other features. I would recommend to download demo version and try, it's free, so why not to:-)))
2016-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules