Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone take the Part 107 test today?
8977 54 2016-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

howie121218@gma Posted at 2016-9-2 21:57
Thank you Drew, Could you point me the specific training materials from FAA please? I saw there ar ...

Here's a good page with links.
https://www.faa.gov/training_tes ... uag_sample_exam.pdf
2016-9-2
Use props
howie121218
lvl.4

United States

Thanks Ken!
2016-9-2
Use props
Drew Vallejo
lvl.4

howie121218@gma Posted at 2016-9-2 21:57
Thank you Drew, Could you point me the specific training materials from FAA please? I saw there ar ...

These training materials

http://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_s ... s/becoming_a_pilot/

2016-9-2
Use props
wingingit
lvl.1

United States

I'm not sure if they've gone to print with a 107 test prep yet or not, but Gleim and ASA are two of the best suppliers of books that focus on the test questions.  Every possible question you could have on the test, the correct answer and a brief explanation.  Of course the goal shouldn't be to just memorize the test by rote.  The goal would be to study all areas thoroughly and use the test prep book to gauge how well you've learned the material.  It also gives you a feel for how the FAA words their questions.

I took the the shorter 107 test back in June and went to the local FSDO last week to pick up my temporary remote pilot certificate.  That version of the test was fairly easy, but it left out all of the areas a non-pilot might not know.  There were a few very basic aerodynamic and performance questions, but nothing on airspace.

To the folks surprised at the cost of those testing centers and the security they use.  The flight school I started working at as a mechanic and flight instructor ... Not going to say how long ago ... I'm  an old fart!  (LOL) became a testing center and as someone mentioned, there is a lot of expense involved.  And the FAA has VERY rigid rules to preclude any hint of someone being able to cheat.  So they aren't picking on you, they are avoiding losing their certification to use that equipment they bought.  I understand someone that has never gone to one of those testing centers might be surprised, but it isn't personal.
2016-9-4
Use props
brazilights
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214770 ft
United States

I took the test on Aug. 29, the first day available. Failed with a 63%. My weakness was not being able to read the navigational charts. Knowing how to recognize the frequency references on the charts is essential along with recognition of controlled flight zones A,B,C etc. 14 day waiting period is required for testing again. I'm determined to get it this time. It will be a different test, but I'll be better prepared. I hope!
2016-9-4
Use props
BIGDZ
Captain
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>

I took the test on Friday, it was tough, but managed to pass with a 77%. If you are studying for it be sure to know how to read long.lat on a TAC, sectional charts, metars, TAF (know how to read those). A lot of the questions were off of  the charts. I even got a few questions about dehydration and its affects....good luck!
2016-9-4
Use props
mamestro
United States

I passed with 87%. I studied my butt off and let me tell you I was sweating bullets in that little room. Took me One hour and 45 minutes to complete. I spent 30 minutes just going over all my answers and reading back through the beginning of the book to look for some hints for some of the questions I wasn't sure about. The charts in the front of the supplemental guide can help you with some of the symbols. I made a mark on my scratch paper every time there was a question I wasn't 100% sure about. By the end of the test I had 31 marks on that paper.
2016-9-4
Use props
Drew Vallejo
lvl.4

If anyone is interested, I put together a few takeaways from passing the test with no technical aeronautical background.

2016-9-5
Use props
wwjclemd
Flight distance : 901506 ft

I took it... passed it with an 82% and it was not an easy task. I studied for almost 2 months...

They were serious when they wrote those questions. The study guide on faa website has all the info. However, when they say to refer to doc or book xyz, they meen to read xyz. Just make sure to know CSM, sectional charts (inside and out) radio frequencies, and all of 107... gl
2016-9-5
Use props
AlaskanTides
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

rsz_part_107_test_.jpg

Took the test today. I Scored a 95....

Suppliment an online course such as remote pilot 101 with the Pilots handbook of aeronautical knowledge. Study and try hard to understand the material, Such as Metars, ADM decision Making, Weather Theory, Airspace. and aerodynamics.  It is hard work,  however that is purpose  of these test.

good luck
2016-9-26
Use props
howie121218
lvl.4

United States

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-9-26 20:14
Took the test today. I Scored a 95....

Suppliment an online course such as remote pilot 101 with ...

I had my exam on the same day you had. I passed with 77, harder than I expected, lots of airspace questions on my part...
2016-10-7
Use props
AlaskanTides
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

howie121218@gma Posted at 2016-10-7 10:21
I had my exam on the same day you had. I passed with 77, harder than I expected, lots of airspace  ...

Congratulation's.....  I had lots of airspace questions as well.
I learned a lot from the whole experience,  perhaps this is simply just a stepping stone for many of us.
I have always enjoyed learning new things... and when I get excited about something I get obsessed . already looking into pursuing my private pilot now.. I like a structured environment, piloting kind of fits. Now I just need to convince my wife
2016-10-7
Use props
Adam Flurk
First Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

ctUTAJiRASQd Posted at 2016-8-30 13:05
I did take the test yesterday, and spent a lot of time flipping to, and reading the sectional charts.    I have no aviation experience and have never flown a drone, but passed with an 85%.
The test was harder than I expected, and I missed at least one or two answers by giving the Part 101 answer rather than the Part 107 answer.   (Which drones need to be registered?  For Part 107, even drones under .55 lbs have to be registered!)
I missed another by messing myself up on time conversions.

I think you may have read that one wrong. It's anything over .55 lbs, not under.
2017-1-18
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

I receive my official UAS card today in the mail. I took the test on Nov 28th for a total of 61 days until it was in my hand. Felt good to get it since it was a lot of work studying to get a B+. I suggest studying both the FAA study guide from the web and remotepilot101.com at a hundred dollars, it was worth it.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI Tom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here’s my experience. I used a Googleplay app call UAS107. Used it for 70% (30% YouTube sectional chart videos) of my prep for the exam; and the app only cost me $4. Passed on my 1st try with an 85%. My total cost to pass the exam:

$4 for UAS107 app
$150 for the test exam fee
———————————–
$154.00

Here is the link to the app for anyone interested: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... otix.labs&hl=en
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules