Flying over roads?
833 6 2016-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spensergabin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 886289 ft

Do people fly over roads with cars passing? If so, what would people consider a safe altitude?

2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It would most likely be considered an issue if you do not have a permit to fly above people or vehicles in that manner. As far as being a distraction, it's very likely since most people can get distracted by the littlest thing while driving.
2016-8-29
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I never fly over traffic as I would not want to assume the liabilities that could come with being the cause of an accident.
It would be especially distracting at night.
Call me paranoid if you like, I call it cautious.
2016-8-29
Use props
stewyk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

NO, NO, NO, Please DO NOT fly over people, homes, automobiles, farm animals, harass big game animals, ETC. Those are all of the PRIME EXAMPLES of careless behavior that "Drone Haters" feed on!!!!! Just be cool and stay well off to the side when filming. If that thing fell and went through someone's windshield and KILLED them, would that be "AN ISSUE" for you??? ( If your uas is even FAA registered)  It should be.
2016-8-29
Use props
spensergabin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 886289 ft

Thanks guys
2016-8-29
Use props
stewyk Posted at 2016-8-30 06:46
NO, NO, NO, Please DO NOT fly over people, homes, automobiles, farm animals, harass big game animals ...

How are these guys performing cell tower inspections then?  All the one's I see are literally next to multi lane interstates.
2016-8-29
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

UAV are used quite commonly to inspect bridges and other structures across/along roadways.
When they are being operated, standard traffic management and signage is put in place to inform the public as to the presence of an operating UAV and to minimise the distraction factor.

No different to using an elevated platform or cherry picker. Safety is the primary consideration.
2016-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules