Repair Question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tripper Dog
lvl.2

I have a P3 ADV and P4.  The P3 crashed after the last update...Got the notorious blank screen like many have talked about on this and other forums.  

Regardless, I fixed a small part on the gimball, replaced a blade and all seemed ok....except that when I try to take off, I get an "ESC" error.  In my reserach, I guess it could be a fried motherboard from when it crashed and some of the props were moving.  I have crashed it a few times from heights less than 20 feet, but this one was 100+ and fell throug some trees and luckily, made it to the ground (vs caught up in a high tree).  

I called DJI to get a Case # to possibly send it in for repair.

My question is this:  I know that no one can give me an exact quote without testing it & etc, but does anyone know ball park what it would take to get it repaired if it were a fried motherboard?  Obviously, there is a cost to benefit ratio.  Repair or replace?  I have no idea what this would cost but hyppotehtically, I don't want to spend a couple hundred repairing it when I can buy a new one for not much more.

DJI couldn't even give me a ball park price over the phone, which I thought was kinda unusual.  Again, I realize they must look at it first for an exact quote, but they shoudl be able to say, "if it's this, your range is this."  "If it's that, your range is this" an so on.....Just like auto mechanics do.

They said they will call me first before any expensive repair, but if the range is outrageous, then why even spend the money to send it to them?  I can save us both a lot of time and just replace.  

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks much!
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, could you please provide your case number ? I'll help to look into it.
2016-8-29
Use props
Tripper Dog
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-8-30 12:12
Hello, could you please provide your case number ? I'll help to look into it.

I haven't sent it in yet.....Trying to figure out the cost to benefit ratio?  Thanks.
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can start a ticket and DJI will send you a shipping label and if it's too expensive then they will return it to you unrepaired.
If it needs a new centerboard if you look around online and the board cost a little under $400 to give you a random idea.
2016-8-31
Use props
Tripper Dog
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-31 22:26
You can start a ticket and DJI will send you a shipping label and if it's too expensive then they wi ...

Thanks so much for the reply Ken.  

I sent it in today so we'll see what happens.
2016-9-1
Use props
Tripper Dog
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-31 22:26
You can start a ticket and DJI will send you a shipping label and if it's too expensive then they wi ...

I saw on line where one can buy the P3 advanced without a controller or battery for $559.  I assume you can pair your existing RC and use one's current batteries no problem?

http://store.dji.com/product/pha ... ler-battery-charger  

Thanks.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Tripper Dog Posted at 2016-9-2 10:28
I saw on line where one can buy the P3 advanced without a controller or battery for $559.  I assum ...

Yes, you can pair a Phantom Advanced, Pro, or Inspire RC with your aircraft.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Tripper Dog Posted at 2016-9-2 10:12
Thanks so much for the reply Ken.  

I sent it in today so we'll see what happens.

Sounds good, you'll be back in the air soon.
2016-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules