OSMO makes anything look cool
1369 12 2016-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jphphotography
lvl.1
Canada

I work at a video production company and last Friday for our staff party/team building exercise we all went lawn bowling. I brought my OSMO and rolled on some of the action.

Edited and graded in Davinci Resolve 12.5
2016-8-30
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Really nice style, I like it
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Haha, thanks for sharing
2016-8-30
Use props
jojoenglish85
lvl.2
United States

Some pretty cool footage, I love what this osmo is capable of.
2016-8-31
Use props
jphphotography
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks guys! The grade was just a hair more washed out than I wanted it but I was working on it at home on my laptop and not our high end broadcast monitor so it was the best I could do at the time
2016-8-31
Use props
USUAVMedia
lvl.2

United States

Great Job!!!
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's awesome, love it. Looks like a ton of fun.
I want one of those red cups
2016-9-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job great video
2016-9-1
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft

Well worked video kept my attention start to finiish
2016-9-2
Use props
Chrisgamby
lvl.1

United States

I love this video.What setting do you use on the Osmo? I'm having trouble getting good results that aren't noisy.
2016-9-2
Use props
jphphotography
lvl.1
Canada

Chrisgamby@me.c Posted at 2016-9-2 15:14
I love this video.What setting do you use on the Osmo? I'm having trouble getting good results that  ...

Hey sorry for the late reply, I know most of it was shot 1080 60fps, I've tended to stay away from the 4k setting as there is just too much breakup in the video if the scene has any high detail stuff in it. I'm not sure about the shutter speed, I may have actually put that on auto. I always try to keep the ISO as low as possible, since this was outside on a sunny day this wasn't hard. Lower light shooting is going to cause more noise no matter what because the sensor size is pretty small. One other thing that makes a big difference is the color style, I used custom and set contrast, saturation, and sharpening to -2. This means the footage needs to be be graded afterwards. I used Davinci Resolve 12.5 which is free and amazing un-restricted for a free version.

Normally I stay away from LUTs and grade the shots myself but in this instance I simply had no time so I used one of the film look luts, Kodak 50D if I remember correctly, then turned the contrast down just a little (probably more than I should have though). This edit took me about 6 hours all total, had I been on a proper workstation instead of my laptop I could have probably done it in 3. My point though is that it takes time and work to make it look good, you need to start with good footage as well. I have no idea what your knowledge level or background is though so don't take offense to that last statement.

Anyway hopefully my reply helps.
2016-9-12
Use props
Drone1Maf
lvl.1

United States

Nice edit!  Great editing can also make anything look cool!  
2016-9-15
Use props
J C D
lvl.2

Netherlands

at 00:05 seconds i really thought about a shot from Storage Wars ;) but keep an eye out for slanted horizons. It's nasty to have, but hopefully one day DJi delivers some firmware thats right
2016-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules