A3 setup for 1.5m quadcoptor
2476 6 2016-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liusheng_2001
New

United States

Dear Dji support,
We have a 1.5 meter quadcopter just have A3 installed.. Test flights are quite troublesome. No matter how we adjust the basic gains, pitch and roll can not keep stable. It wobbles back and forth and tends to roll over. Lowest gain wobbles slowly. Highest gain wobbles very fast, we have to abort flight...
Then we look  at sensitivity gain on attitude, lowest 20 just do not help.
Quite frustrated at last, we adjust advanced gains on attitude from default 90 to 80. Seems better but the copter drifts to us unless we input a control to stop it. Soonly later it starts to wobble again and tends to roll over. We have to abort flight again and again...
GPS mode is like what I describe as above. Manual mode is OK but just too sensitive to control. Attitude mode wobbles as well.
Not to accuse all responsibbility to DJI, but I hope DJI gives some explanation and offer help. We was looking foward the all new A3 and A3 pro, planning upgrading from A2 to A3. Now the tests make us quite hopeless.
Thanks
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you provide a list of your set up? Does the aircraft only wobble or does it perform a toilet bowl effect as well? A video of the issue would be appreciated.
2016-8-31
Use props
liusheng_2001
New

China

Yes, it wobbles, then toilet blows
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

liusheng_2001@1 Posted at 2016-9-1 17:07
Yes, it wobbles, then toilet blows

Try checking your mounting values for the GPS puck and then perform an IMU calibration with compass calibration. Ensure that all the firmware is up to date. If the issue persists, could you please provide a small video of the issue to get a better visual?
2016-9-1
Use props
Jkohn
New
Flight distance : 12835 ft
United States

I am having the same issues: https://goo.gl/photos/CGasPLdx5yFk3UFE9
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jkohn Posted at 2017-4-13 08:12
I am having the same issues: https://goo.gl/photos/CGasPLdx5yFk3UFE9

As far as you can tell, the aircraft is balanced, correct? DJI did come out with a new tutorials for the Parameter sections for both the A3/N3. If you haven't seen it already, I would recommend taking a look and see if it gives you an idea as to where to make value adjustments:

2017-4-13
Use props
Jkohn
New
Flight distance : 12835 ft
United States

We tried every combination of gain, power bandwidth, and attitude until the last flight where the flight controller flipped the drone on takeoff. We are currently only able to use the A3 with the S1000+ safely.
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules