Best P4 Case
2932 29 2016-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevenvega206
lvl.1
United States

Hey forum!

I was wondering what you guys think is the best case for the Phantom 4 for the value. I was looking in to different brands like Pelican, GPC, and others but I haven't quite found the exact one for me. I love them to have multiple battery filter/SD card, and spare blade slots but I'm looking for one that has some nice excess space for miscellaneous items such as my GoPro Casey and 15" MBPR.

I want to hear about your experiences with your case. What model you bought, where you bought it, and if you could even include a picture, that'd be great! Thanks in advance!

-Vega
2016-8-31
Use props
henchMedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1513330 ft
United States

I have the DJI case for my P3 and the LowePro DroneGuard for my P4. They both work well. The LowPro can carry more additional items like food, water and an extra layer, plus everything you need for your drone in one backpack. The DJI case is lightweight and minimalistic and the LowePro is better for everything else. It is expensive at around $250, but well worth it. It will last a long time and fit any drone that is Phantom sized.. LowePro makes Great camera bags and I highly recommend it. Check out the review videos on youtube of both of these bags. The reviews are accurate and helpful. Good luck!  
2016-8-31
Use props
stevenvega206
lvl.1
United States

henchMedia Posted at 2016-8-31 11:07
I have the DJI case for my P3 and the LowePro DroneGuard for my P4. They both work well. The LowPro  ...

Never heard of that brand. Thanks for the recommendation!
2016-8-31
Use props
peter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

I bought the Manfrotto D1 with my P4 (a few days ago) and while the batteries do not fit the pouches meant for the P3 series that's OK as I put the rain cover and some straps in those. The batteries (two spare) happily fir in one of the red pounches around the bird. I chose the D1 because of the cute feature of being able to carry the drone between close locations with the props still fitted out of the mini-flap at the front.

Yesterday I cycled to and from work (10-12 miles each way) and stopped to fly on the way home (Hapstead Heath). Quite confoirtable if, as expected for me, quite hot

So far it's working well.
2016-8-31
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

I have the case club, it holds my ipad pro 9.7" and 5 batteries + spare props and more. caseclub.com
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Phantom series backpack is pretty vice.
http://store.dji.com/product/mul ... -for-phantom-series
2016-8-31
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been using our bag (PolarPro DroneTrekker $129) for about 8 months now, its nice and compact, fits a lot of gear, and is now my go-to carry-on bag.
Let me know if you have any questions on it. -Jeff from PolarPro
2016-8-31
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a huge fan of the HPRC "backpack".  It allows you to leave the blades on, has slots for five batteries and all accessories.  It is very light.  It is big for a backpack, but the fact that it has shoulder straps has come in handy a number of times (even if it looks slightly goofy having something so large on your back).  A cool addition to the system is that you can buy a kit which has the backpack with the hard foam insert, and a separate (Pelican-like) crush proof hard case.  So when I want to keep it light and have the backpack option, no problem.  But if I am shipping the drone, know that I am going to be in a wet environment (like a boat or travelling in the rain) or need to stack the drone with my other video equipment, I just lift the foam insert out of the backpack and drop it into the waterproof, crushproof hard case.  Also comes with a sweet crushproof card case for your cards, and a rain sleeve to go over the backpack if needed.  $284 for the whole thing.  If you want the wheeled version of the hard case (with the other items), the cose is $314.  You can get just the backpack with the insert (and the card case/sleeve extras) for $189.  Currently there is only one review for this new backpack on B&H and he gave it 1 star for a ridiculous reason.  It is a great system.  I bought the wheeled version of the hard case which has been hugely helpful when I had a bunch of equipment to carry.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... _and_2710_hard.html

I have to say, being able to keep the blades on is a huge plus in terms of time to set up and tear down over and over and over again.
2016-8-31
Use props
capt_mats_tache
lvl.1

United States

I've been using this Here, it's pretty much like the Manfrotto D1 but it's less expensive and the batteries fit.
2016-8-31
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

koozam phantom 4 hard top backback works well for me.

I can also bring my fishing lures in the side pockets.
2016-8-31
Use props
peter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

PolarPro Posted at 2016-8-31 18:12
I have been using our bag (PolarPro DroneTrekker $129) for about 8 months now, its nice and compact, ...

I am waiting for a couple of sets of filters (due today!) from PolarPro via an Amazon UK marketplace seller, but when I looked it was very hard to source your products in the UK / EU. I would have considered this backpack and also the "special" filter set, but simply can't get them
2016-9-1
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

lowe pro cs 400 $99 from B&H photo
20160803_143958.jpg
2016-9-1
Use props
Lmt0286
lvl.1

United States

I second the hprc. I have the 2700 case and it's amazing. It holds everything plus more.
IMG_4878.JPG
IMG_4879.JPG
2016-9-1
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

peter@wonderlan Posted at 2016-9-1 01:42
I am waiting for a couple of sets of filters (due today!) from PolarPro via an Amazon UK marketpla ...

Thanks Peter!
Our international shipping is pretty quick, and not to expensive.
The Backpack is however expensive to ship internationally due to how large the DroneTrekker BackPack box is.

We will have a distribution center set up in the UK, Europe, and AU shortly!

-Jeff
2016-9-1
Use props
jsparks349
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3671 ft
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2016-8-31 11:37
I have the case club, it holds my ipad pro 9.7" and 5 batteries + spare props and more. caseclub.com

I 2nd the case club https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... ?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
2016-9-1
Use props
benjamin.tichy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I was delighted when I found out that original case fits into my heavy duty 75l mountain backpack and there is still enough space for maybe one more drone :-)) Go for outdoor gear
2016-9-6
Use props
HobbyMounts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206539 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PolarPro Posted at 2016-9-1 17:18
Thanks Peter!
The Backpack is h ...

They could always get them from us Jeff ;-)
2016-9-9
Use props
todd.dlove
New

United States

I purchased a Microraptor P4 bundle for $264 in April. It came with a backpack and a hard case that you can leave the Props attached to the drone. It also has a moisture remover and holds extra props on the top foam piece. It is on sale for $234.95 + shipping at  Microraptor
2016-9-12
Use props
HobbyMounts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206539 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

B&W make a nice hard shell case like the Peli or you can have something like the PolarPro Drone Trekker which more of a backpack.

http://www.hobbymounts.co.uk/sho ... 0phantom%204%20case
2016-9-12
Use props
tedkulp
lvl.1

United States

They recently revised the Manfrotto D1 in order to make the P4 batteries fit in the pouches. I just got one and it's great. I'm not sure how to tell if you're getting a revised one or not, but just ordering it from Amazon got me the correct one.
2016-9-12
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.3
United States

I just purchased a new case the Pro Craft for $189 .  It holds everything with the props on. It has wheels too.  With 2 knee replacements and a shoulder replacement.  I am not likely to go hiking into remote places.  So that is the first question you need to ask your self, where will I be flying?  Secound question is how much do you want to spend. All the bags and crates mention have there charm, some are very attractive as will as being functional.
As for me I am much more complicated and calculating,  I bought mine because it was orange and it matched my truck.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2016-9-12
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

If you're looking for a case then I'd say go for the Pelican Phantom 4 case. If a backpack, the Manfrotto D1. As already mentioned, it's apparently been updated for the P4 but even before that it was a great backpack already.
2016-9-13
Use props
da28fan
New

United States

I too am looking for a case.  However I want one that will hold the Phantom 4 with the prop guards on.  There are some on ebay but they are not for the P4.  Does anyone know of a hard case that will hold the P4 with the prop guards on?  Thank you.
2016-9-13
Use props
kkrisztian1983
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411611 ft
Hungary

PolarPro Posted at 2016-9-1 18:18
Thanks Peter!
The Backpack is h ...

I'm looking forward to it! :-)
2016-9-15
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>

Here is my pick.  They use the 511 72 rush pack.http://goprofessionalcases.com/s ... tom-4-backpack.html
2016-9-15
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.3
United States

da28fan Posted at 2016-9-13 23:56
I too am looking for a case.  However I want one that will hold the Phantom 4 with the prop guards o ...

The pro craft is American made. Seem to be sturdy, free shipping and room for everything, comes in many colors. Phil
Got it on amazizon or eBay can't recall.  All my P4 stuff is in there
2016-9-15
Use props
da28fan
New

Pwfirst Posted at 2016-9-16 10:52
The pro craft is American made. Seem to be sturdy, free shipping and room for everything, comes in ...

I want a case that holds the P4 WITH the props AND guards on.  Only found one, but it is for the P3.  Just gonna have to "modify" it by cutting up some foam so the 4 fits.
2016-9-17
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

ii've owned a P4 since july 1 and have searched all over ebay and amazon for different stuff for th P4 but I have never seen a case that will hold the P4 with the prop guards installed. in fact, only a few will hold the P4 with the props on.  I use a case club that holds my P4 with props on, 5 batteries, extra props, shoulder harness, controller, iPad pro, extra filters, and more. the problem with this setup is WEIGHT. my case does have wheels, so it makes it easier to transport this case.. the case itself is 16 lbs, loaded about 30 lbs, so I think feasibility of a larger, heaver case is the reason we don't see cases that hold a P4 with prop guards on !  
2016-9-17
Use props
Tripper Dog
lvl.2

jsparks349@gmai Posted at 2016-9-2 00:45
I 2nd the case club https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DYPW4GK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie= ...

I 3rd it!  Great case!
2016-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules