Camera firmware update - quick help
2614 8 2015-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc.aronowitz.
lvl.2

United States

I'm trying to update the camera firmware.   The vision app shows "Firmware update?" on the screen, but doesn't allow me to select anything.  Any idea what to do?   I don't want to shut it down and brick the camera.
2015-1-29
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

You can only update the camera via the micro SD card.
DJI made a video showing the update process about a year ago, but the process has not changed.
2015-1-29
Use props
marc.aronowitz.
lvl.2

United States

Thanks John.  That's what I did.   I just figured it out, had to restart the bird after seeing the message on the app.  It shows 1.3 now.  
2015-1-29
Use props
ronnydsosa.emai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

WAIT ARE YOU SAYING DJI IS FORCING FIRMWARE UPDATES THRU THE APP???? ARE YOU ABLE TO USE THE APP AT ALL???
2015-1-29
Use props
marc.aronowitz.
lvl.2

United States

Everything is working now.  I copied the firmware to the SD card and put it in the camera.  The APP showed a box on the camera screen "Firmware Update?".    It didn't allow me to select anything, so nothing was happening.   I turned off the Phantom and APP.    When I turned both back on the firmware was updated.   I confirmed this on the settings screen in the APP.
2015-1-29
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Clearly the video a year ago is not a vision plus.  I mean it has an on off switch on the camera.  My P2V+ has no such switch.  Also, people on these forum are stating they their vision app.  Someone needs to lay out NEW set of instructions for us dummies that own P2V+.

I tried to update and it did not work.  I watched the OLD video and I am still looking for the on switch on my camera.  I am staring at my video feed on my phone and I do not see anything different.  I look at the dumb light that is suppose to blink yellow rapidly and it surely blink (green) until I connect my vision app.

Anyone have a better approach to this or do we just call DJI tech support?
2015-1-29
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

acenothing Posted at 2015-1-30 06:45
Clearly the video a year ago is not a vision plus.  I mean it has an on off switch on the camera.  M ...

The "read me" instructions on the download file are very clear and worth a look.  Key points are : you must have the latest App update installed- You must rename the file once it has been unzipped.  You must have the P2v+  off when you insert the card, then switch on.  Then you should see a rapid yellow flashing on the camera mount, followed by green.

The update is to address and improve the intermitency or loss of video signal.
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-29
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Thanks i will look again.  
2015-1-29
Use props
dipak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238488 ft
Australia

I don't mean to be nasty but when you download the firmware zip file along with the firmware bin file there is a readme file. why don't you read that? It clearly states the procedure on how to upgrade the firmware.

Below is the extract from Readme:

Major New Features:
The latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware (v1.3.0) fixes the issue of the camera failing to start in some cases and adds the ability to modify the filename prefix of photos if using the DJI SDK. Update your camera firmware according to your needs. Thank you for your support!

Follow these instructions to update your firmware:
1. Download the latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware from the official DJI website and unzip it.
2. Copy the "firmware_plus_v1.3.0g.bin" file into the root folder of an empty Micro-SD card (less than or equal to 32GB) and rename the file to "firmware_plus.bin".
3. Make sure the camera is turned off, and insert the Micro-SD card into the camera.
4. Turn on the Phantom. The firmware update will begin automatically. A quick yellow flashing LED on the camera indicates that the camera is updating.
5. When the quick yellow flashing disappears, the firmware has been updated. After a successful update, the "firmware_plus.bin" filename will change to "firmware_plus.bin.bak00". This file on the card can now be deleted.
6. Restart the camera and the new firmware will be active. Check the firmware version in the DJI Vision app.

Special Notes:
a) During the update, do not turn off the camera, remove the intelligent flight battery, or take out the Micro-SD card. This may cause the update to fail and may require return-to-factory service.
b) A quick red flashing LED on the camera after the quick yellow flashing indicates the update has failed. Please repeat Step 1 to Step 5 above without restarting the camera. Change to another Micro-SD card and try again if the update fails again.
c) Ensure you are downloading the correct firmware. DO NOT mix up the camera firmware of the Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision+.
d) The latest DJI Vision app (iOS App: v1.0.46; Android App: v1.0.56) is required.

2015-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules