Flickering footage
1933 8 2016-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Can you help me out, I'm getting a flicker on my videos and I'm not sure if it's the P4 or my pc.

The best place to see the flickering, if you go to this video and watch from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in full screen 2160p, do you get a horizontal flickering line in the middle of the screen ? Thanks.

2016-8-31
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I had complained about something similar some time ago, but everyone told me it is normal because the gimbal is moving too fast.
ALso, when the video is played un-compressed on your pc, it will look worse than it looks after it gets compressed online.  I had created a video called Shaky Gimbal, but then when I uploaded it online, it looked much better, than the way it looks on my pc.  So I did not bring it up.

Try rutning off all other applications when you view the video on the pc.

I have also noticed that the 2.7 k videos look choppier when I use MS WIndows Medial Player than when I use VLC player.  I think the reason is MS uses a lot more overhead pc resources than VLC.
2016-8-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just played this back @ 4k on a 4k monitor. The first time I played it all looked good. However on the second play , no bars or shadows but jittering as if waiting for buffer. I shut down edge browser, reopened it and ran again. I'm almost convinced that first playback is ok, but subsequent are jittery.
Another playback software I've found to be very smooth on windows 10 machine is the MS App' "Films & TV". Downloadable from MS store.
2016-8-31
Use props
stevenvega206
lvl.1
United States

Just played back on a Macbook Pro Retina 13" on 4K. I didnt get anything in the footage. I have noticed though that i get flashing green and gray bars every so often when flying my P4. I'm pretty sure it's just a poor connection of the remote/iPad to the drone itself. The gimbal is still recording the footage just fine and saving to the SD card on the quadcopter, but the feedback shown on the drone is cutting in and out just from a poor signal. Best way to improve that and minimize that from happening is to fly closer to the remote, don't fly near objects that could cause interference, and make sure everything on your QC is calibrated for maximum footage quality and fun!

P.S. *Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. I very well could be lol*
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

stevenvega206 Posted at 2016-9-1 04:07
Just played back on a Macbook Pro Retina 13" on 4K. I didnt get anything in the footage. I have noti ...

The OP's video looks fine to me.
For your transmission video, yes all the things you mentioned help but most importantly is antenna orientation. Here's a video that may help.

2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with the others, I think it's the playback as the video looks fine to me.
2016-8-31
Use props
peter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

What sort of shutter speed were you getting and are you using ND filters?

The general rule is that you should shoot at about 2x the shutter to the frame rate, e.g. 24fps should be about 1/50th and 30fps about 1/60th minimum. Without ND filters and a fixed f/2.8 lens you will be seeing about 1/320th to 1/1000 in dytime conditions - and the reading of the CMOS sensor will give you distortions.
2016-8-31
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

peter@wonderlan Posted at 2016-9-1 08:47
What sort of shutter speed were you getting and are you using ND filters?

The general rule is that  ...

Thanks for the reply.

I was using the DJI ND 4 filter and had 1/60 ss with 30fps

Did you see the video flicker at 12 seconds ? I see it across the middle of the screen, more noticeable in full screen
2016-9-1
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FIXED !!!!!!!!!!

The flickering is fixed, can't believe it.

I read up online and found out that Aero themes in windows needs to be turned on, something to do with making sure vertical synch is working.

Anyway i had disabled Aero, over 3 years ago, and could not figure out how to enable it, it took me all night.

But now i enabled Aero all my videos are perfect.
2016-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules