Question about upgrading to X5..
788 7 2016-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nolen.jd
lvl.1
United States

Looking to upgrade the lens on my Osmo. I've been looking for pictures but can't find of where you would mount your phone/monitor if you are using the focus wheel for the X5. It looks like the Focus wheel takes the screw in accessorie adapter. Also, does the X5 take ANY micro 3/4 lens? Or does the focus wheel only work for the kit lens?
2016-8-31
Use props
jcap858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you plan on using the X5 on the Osmo you will need the X5 adapter. The adapter has two attachment points, one for an accessory and another for your phone. The X5 can use other MFT lenses, such as certain Panasonic and Olympus lenses.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

What 2# said is correct.

In addition, this is a list of supported list of X5.
222.png
2016-9-1
Use props
nolen.jd
lvl.1

Exactly what I needed to know, thanks so much, jcap858 and Thor!
2016-9-9
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nolen.jd@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-9 22:02
Exactly what I needed to know, thanks so much, jcap858 and Thor!

Also consider it is not possible to use the focus wheel to actually focus the camera.

The feed to the phone is quite low quality and it isn't really possible to precisely establish focus from the phone screen.

NOTE: There is no focus assist or focus peaking in the app!
Auto focus is not very reliable/accurate and struggles in lower light, and it isn't possible to confirm focus from the phone screen especially if youre shooting a shallower depth of field.

I would like DJI to demonstrate how it is possible to focus the X5 with the focus wheel and the Go app.

With X5 you need to use a small aperture for very large depth of field to be sure of focus.
For focus reasons I've ceased using X5, I'm using a GX85/PilotflyH2 for gimbal shots.
Hopefully DJI will fix these problems with the a firmware update or next version of X5.
2016-9-10
Use props
nolen.jd
lvl.1

oh, well that's huge. Gonna hold off until they actually do rectify that. I've been mixing in the Osmo into my pro work and it's ok for quick shots. Just kinda looks a little better than a go pro and without that go pro distortion but really interested into upgrading the image quality. Without the ability to focus though, it's like whats the point of offering that?!?!
thanks for the headsup, rj74
2016-9-11
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

nolen.jd@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-12 02:57
oh, well that's huge. Gonna hold off until they actually do rectify that. I've been mixing in the Os ...

Sorry to hear your decision, we're testing adding Focus Peaking to Osmo Pro/Raw, you can wait until then.
2016-9-12
Use props
nolen.jd
lvl.1

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-12 16:57
Sorry to hear your decision, we're testing adding Focus Peaking to Osmo Pro/Raw, you can wait unti ...

That's great to hear, Thor. I'm sure I will.
I see that a couple of the supported Olympus Lens for the X5 offer video auto focus. Do you know if that pertains to their own Olympus camera system or does the auto focus also work when attached to the X5?
2016-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules