phantom 3 fly away
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsimp79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57208 ft
Canada

so my phantom 3 flew away a week ago.  it was brand new, flew it 6 times, tried the return to home and it said returning to home, shoed on the map it was coming home, but the distance from home was increasing drastically, until dissconnected and 10 minutes later nothing. so i contacted dji, sent in my data and flight logs, and haven't heard a word in a week. tried calling them, e mailing them and still nothing. This pisses me off very much as i never would have spent this much on a drone if I knew the customer support was so neglegent or incompetent. I have over 10,000 invested in rc's mostly traxxas and their customer support is the best in the buisiness and they always respond and keep you informed. This dji stuff is just garbage and I will make sure not to recommend dji to any of my friends. How long does it take to email someone with a status update or confirmation of recieving your info. Come on, this is supposed to be customer support not lack of customer support. Can anyone tell me if they will or when they will replace my drone? this is pure b.s.   
2016-9-1
Use props
Holger4221
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-9-1
Use props
jsimp79
lvl.1
Canada

Holger4221 Posted at 2016-9-1 11:22
I have the same experience with DJI support (If you could call it "support"). I have no idea why - a ...

the only reason to delete our posts is embarrassment. not one thing I've posted is not a fact. deleting the post doesn't negate the fact that the customer non service is well known and in need of dire repair. the price of these crafts should bemore than sufficient to justify having a top notch customer service team.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Kyrgyzstan

Sorry for you unpleasant experience! Could you please leave your contact info( Ticket number or RMA number) We will look into your case and do our best to find the best solution for you. Hope we can keep you as a satisfied customer. Thank you
2016-9-1
Use props
jsimp79
lvl.1
Canada

Holger4221 Posted at 2016-9-1 11:22
I have the same experience with DJI support (If you could call it "support"). I have no idea why - a ...

go ahead and delete it if you want, but the b.b.b. will still be contacted, and might even leave a comment themselves. and if I can stop 1 person from buying a phantom series drone then I will be happy, as I will never again buy one of their products. There are many companies that make drones and have good customer service. AEEAP cam drone, storm drone 8, 3dr smart drone, traxxas aton, and xiro xplorer v just to name a few. I don't know if dji realizes that they don't have a monopoly on the market and there are infact other companies willing to take peoples money and that have repuitable customer service.
2016-9-1
Use props
multikopteri
lvl.2
Latvia

jsimp79 Posted at 2016-9-1 18:56
go ahead and delete it if you want, but the b.b.b. will still be contacted, and might even leave a ...

I think you should consider that DJI ships hundreds of thousands of Phantoms, and you need to be patient with your case, in the end you will get a quality service. Take my word for it, I've had a very pleasing experience with DJI support!
2016-9-1
Use props
mrdave543
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2570755 ft
United States

I am having the same issue, with case #CAS-231295-G5F8T1.  Drone was received by DJI on Monday, and I received a prompt e-mail that said:

Your Phantom 3 Advanced has been evaluated by our repair team. Click the following link to view the following assessment: REPAIR PROGRESS INQUIRY. An invoice for repairs will be sent to your email address within 24 hours.

The status update shows "Repair cost assessed and quoted 2016/08/29 17:58:50".  I have not received an invoice or follow up e-mail.  I used online chat twice, and neither were helpful, and spent 30 minutes on the phone yesterday.  Nobody is able to give me a copy of an invoice.  Very frustrating.

2016-9-1
Use props
mfojas430
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23835 ft
United States

Why did you need to use RTH in the first place? If you noticed it was flying away, why didn't you cancel the return home and fly it in manually?

The fact that DJI replaces any fly aways is surprising to me in the first place. I'm glad they do it. But to me, that's above and beyond their level of responsibility. DJI's products are great. But technology does not completely replace the role of the pilot. I get that DJI's customer service can be rough, and it was one of the things I was hesitant about before I bought mine. But it seems that a lot of complaints are from people who don't really know how to fly and are reliant on the technology. Technology is great. But it's not perfect. It's made to assist the pilot, not do the work for you.

2016-9-1
Use props
jsimp79
lvl.1
Canada

mfojas430@insit Posted at 2016-9-1 13:23
Why did you need to use RTH in the first place? If you noticed it was flying away, why didn't you ca ...

because it was flying away out of my control. rth initiated but kept flying away further and further but was sounding returning to home, google showed it as coming home but it kept going further and further from home. last transmission was over 4200 feet and 1700 feet altitude. so know you know why, it was out of control, fell in the ocean. can you help. no, just felt like getting in your 2 cents right.
2016-9-1
Use props
jsimp79
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-9-1 12:52
Sorry for you unpleasant experience! Could you please leave your contact info( Ticket number or RMA  ...

if you mean case number it was 274233 or cas-240965-p1q1d7.  williezoomhotmail@gmail.com  Good luck and I hope you have better luck then I
2016-9-1
Use props
mfojas430
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23835 ft
United States

jsimp79 Posted at 2016-9-1 11:43
because it was flying away out of my control. rth initiated but kept flying away further and furth ...

No, I can't help now. I'm just tired of all these "My phantom flew away, DJI should give me a new one" posts. I get a bit nervous every time I put mine in the air, because I know that there is always a potential for loss. I'll leave it at that.
I hope DJI pulls through for you and gets you a replacement.
2016-9-1
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Italy

jsimp79 Posted at 2016-9-1 18:46
if you mean case number it was 274233 or cas-240965-p1q1d7.    Good luck and I hope you have bette ...

I understand mfojas' reaction. Only a very small minority of so-called fly-aways are really that.
Why don't you post your flight logs to phantomhelp and anybody can se what happened. Trust me, if there really is no sign of pilot error, DJI will replace your AC.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mrdave543 Posted at 2016-9-2 00:22
I am having the same issue, with case #CAS-231295-G5F8T1.  Drone was received by DJI on Monday, and  ...

Sorry for the inconvenient caused.I‘ll help you to look into the case.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jsimp79 Posted at 2016-9-2 00:46
if you mean case number it was 274233 or cas-240965-p1q1d7.    Good luck and I hope you have bette ...

Thanks for your feedback.I'll escalate it for you.
2016-9-1
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

jsimp79 Posted at 2016-9-1 12:43
because it was flying away out of my control. rth initiated but kept flying away further and furth ...

Sorry for your lose, but I agree with "mfojas430". Did you ever considered it just might be your fault the drone was lost. Not understanding that you can't just rely on a push of of button to save the day. A very high % of these "it just flew away" threads and posts are from inexperienced pilots that think these things are "plug and play" drones. For example, you say "I  tried the RTH" and the map showed it coming home, but the distance was increasing on the display. Not possible, sorry. Why didn't you just cancel the RTH and fly it back? If you saw something didn't look right instead of watching it fly away from you? And threatening to report to the BBB or post negative things about DJI is sure not the way to get what you want. Their help.
2016-9-1
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

jsimp79 Posted at 2016-9-1 12:43

4200' out and WHAT 1700' altitude!!! Are you kidding us. And on your sixth flight no less, and you wonder why something went wrong.
2016-9-1
Use props
jsimp79
lvl.1
Canada

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-1 23:46
4200' out and WHAT 1700' altitude!!! Are you kidding us. And on your sixth flight no less, and you ...

that was the last reading on the app before dissconnect appeared. a little over 1000 ft away and 700feet high when i initiated rth. google maps showed it coming home, the app sounded returning to home, but distance and altitude kept increasing. again i tried flipping s2 buttons 3 times and same rth initiated but failed to work, lastly i tried turning off the controller and turning it back on restart the app and still wouldn't return. Like i said it was out of control. the disconnection appeared on the top and i waited 15 minutes hoping my drone would fly home because the rth function is supposed to work when there'sa loss of signal. my rth function was set to 220 feet altitude so for it tobe up over 1700 feet is a software problem. my compass was calibrated, and home location was set before takeoff and ready to fly gps mode  was lit up green. so now if that doesn't clear things up I don't know what does. It was out of my control. i could not make itfly home, away, up, down, nothing... no response from controler to bird. should have came home by itself when loss of signal right? so now how the ... is this pilot error? that's what i thought. i DIDN'T BUY A DRONE TO JUST SHOVE IT IN THE AIR FOR IT TO CRASH IN THE OCEAN. You must be stupid for even thinking that, I covered my safety options as I had to give up too much to aquire this drone. something went wrong around 1000 feet out after my third picture. I was flying aroun 400 feet high and 1000 feet out, that's when crap hit the fan.
2016-9-2
Use props
jsimp79
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-1 22:25
Thanks for your feedback.I'll escalate it for you.

Yeah, so.... Again DJI is giving me the run around. They again said they have not recieved the data logs and i even took a picture of me sending it this timeso who is lying to me?......I have sent the god damn flight logs/records 3 times and they keep telling me they have yet to get them. Give it up with the bull crap. enough is enough. I have pics showing me sending it, and even got pics of me having it synced to the server so someone is stalling or lying. Maybe you can go figure this out while i sit and type bad things about DJI. I f I can stop a couple of these units from being sold it will make my day. I can start 3 or 4 threads with different titles and make a few valid points about this experiance with the company DJI. My case number is 274233 and then they gave  me another number cas-240965-p1q1d7. the e-mail account related to this case is williezoomhotmail@gmail.com
2016-9-2
Use props
jsimp79
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-9-1 12:52
Sorry for you unpleasant experience! Could you please leave your contact info( Ticket number or RMA  ...

check down a little further on dji mindy she has my info as i am getting pissed off and don't feel like typing it again. Maybe you can make something happen.
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

jsimp79 Posted at 2016-9-2 22:38
that was the last reading on the app before dissconnect appeared. a little over 1000 ft away and 7 ...

I'm sorry about your loss of aircraft.
I see that you included a screenshot of the sync, I've notified the data analysis team to see if the log of the last flight was able to be read.
2016-9-2
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

jsimp79 Posted at 2016-9-2 10:38
that was the last reading on the app before dissconnect appeared. a little over 1000 ft away and 7 ...

No name calling please, I know it's stressful losing an expensive drone. And no one said you did it intentionally, we know it was accidental. It's just that so many times when people post threads about a drone  fly-away, more times than not it was pilot error from not reading the manual, understanding some app setting or not doing the right thing at a critical moment. It's still unintentionally, but avoidable.

Now back to your issue. If you did all you said in the preflight checklist good. But there is still two things I don't read you did at the point of something going wrong. You did say you tried the RTH via the S2 switch (very good), but didn't read you trying to cancel the RTH either via the app or by the S1 switch. This needs done first for you to try and just fly it back manually. Second, if RTH is not working or after canceling it, and flying manually is a no go. You need to put it in ATTI mode via the S1 switch and try to fly manually that way. This removes the GPS data from the drone's flight controls in case the data is corrupt. It's things like that the newer pilot might not think about during a stressful moment when trying to save their drone. Then it always gets blamed on DJI and the drone.
2016-9-2
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

jsimp79 Posted at 2016-9-2 10:55
Yeah, so.... Again DJI is giving me the run around. They again said they have not recieved the dat ...

Again, threatening to report to the BBB or post negative things about DJI is sure not the way to get what you want, their help. You know what they say about "you catch more flies with honey". Try it one day, it works.
2016-9-2
Use props
Flight Raptor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-9-1 11:52

Hi Tim,

You and the other DJI folks on this forum are always so very helpful and willing to push when these types of posts occur.  For that, I commend you and the rest of the folks who monitor this forum.

HOWEVER, is this poor experience that a number of people are having with DJI support get escalated to the right organization so that the support structure actually gets changed?  All of these 1by1 pushes is just a band-aid to the real issues that many seem to face with support.  There seems to be some folks that just happen to get a good support person, but the vast majority just don't have a good experience with DJI support.

I, too, have had multiple issues with the DJI chat/email support but I just didn't bother posting it here.  Responses are ridulously slow - both real-time chat and emails.....took days to get a response on emails.  And even when I got a response, it seemed the person at the other end knew less than I did about these phantoms and it took several go arounds before it seemed we were on the same page.

Being #1 sales in the world for quadcopters means you absolutely need to invest in support.  EVEN if the fault ends up being the operators, someone should not have to wait a long time on the phone, or several days for an email response or even 10-20 mins in chat when the operator is in a live conversation with you (yes, this happened to me....I was in a queue, then the operator responded once I was #1 in the queue and then it took 5-15 minutes per response from the chat person....this is unacceptable customer service!)   BTW, this happened to me on at least 2 separate ocassions, so it is not an isolated incident.
2016-9-2
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

mrdave543 Posted at 2016-9-1 12:22
I am having the same issue, with case #CAS-231295-G5F8T1.  Drone was received by DJI on Monday, and  ...

in all honesty your issue is not the same as OP
you have case #, email etc.
sometimes things are not as fast as we like , but your email is only a day or so old....

he has nothing!!!!

good luck and have fun flying!
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-9-2 23:44
Hi Tim,

You and the other DJI folks on this forum are always so very helpful and willing to push  ...

Thanks for your feedback. We are paying much attention to customer satisfaction, and manage to take actions to improve the customer service. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions in the future, we'd try our best to help you.
2016-9-4
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

I have the same experience my quad fly away , but fortunately DJI help me with this issue i know that is a little frustrated in the beginning but  what you need to do is send all the info DJI request and be a little bit patient ,
and do the follow up in just 1 ticket , because if you sent a lot of emails they are not going to be able to do their thing and give you an quick answer

also use gmail , i don't know why but the ticket system don't recognise hotmail accounts

they are going to help you and give you and answer but you need to be patient , because they take their time to analyse the data and give an answer
2016-9-4
Use props
mikelt006
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
Israel

Bad costumer service in America? you should try the one we have in Israel, it will change your mind really quick .
2016-9-4
Use props
I have been through hell and back dealing with DJI support. I can't even talk about because it makes me sick.
2016-10-5
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1795 ft
United Kingdom

You are not alone {:4_142:}
2016-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules