FPV goggles
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikelt006
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
Israel

Ok, what's the best way to get my head into the action, I'm starting to be more confident with my phantom 3 advance and today I flew it to 1.5 km away! now when I'm starting the transfare from "just flying and learning" to "actually recording nice views" and getting to nice places for that manner, it's still hard to actually see what I'm recording, even with an ipad mini 4 and a sunshade (bad max brightness on that device). Even when I do get a clear sight (clouds, getting focused) it's not that, it really hard to see if the exposure is correct during my flight, so those fpv goggles came to my mind, for the ultimate experience..SO, what would be the most common thing to do to get those ? what's the suggested products ? I don't want to spend a lot of money on it, it could be very cool but it ain't assential..

Oh and thx.

2016-9-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You can use the exposure guide on the main screen. Try to keep it on 0. No - or + just a zero. ;-)

Watch some of the newer YouTube videos for awesome instruction as well.

The RC right wheel, helps Keep the zebra stripes to a minimum. ;-)
I can do most of my camera  settings before I leave the house.

RedHotPoker
2016-9-1
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha mike,

Look up Head Play FPV goggles.  About $250 US for an immersive experience.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

You said "don't want to spend a lot of money" ad it's hard to see everything on the screen.
This may be a perfect answer.
http://hoodmanusa.com/
2016-9-1
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-2 11:47
You said "don't want to spend a lot of money" ad it's hard to see everything on the screen.
This may ...

Aloha Ken,

They have a .pdf there for which hood for which tablet.  It does list the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1.  Previous efforts only listed iOS products, so I gave up.  But still, hard to beat HeadPlay FPV with the HDMI!

But, it does inspire another home-grown creation.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-9-2
Use props
coullit
lvl.2

Spain

YOU DONT NEED FATSHARK GOGGLES OR HDMI OUTPUT WHICH WILL COST $600 PLUS AND YOUR TIME,
first download an fpv program for the Phantom, I've got Litchi (click on goggles symbol in main screen) and also DJI FPV by Keith I think AR Drone, both work and have flown with them, I have some basic VR goggle about $15 but it works but looking for some better ones and awaiting the Samsung VR2 ones shortly due out.
Saludos from Spain hot here now
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Cetaman Posted at 2016-9-2 16:34
Aloha Ken,

They have a .pdf there for which hood for which tablet.  It does list the Samsung ...

ya, I'm still wanting to try the Headplays, one day soon
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

coullit Posted at 2016-9-2 19:18
YOU DONT NEED FATSHARK GOGGLES OR HDMI OUTPUT WHICH WILL COST $600 PLUS AND YOUR TIME,
first downloa ...

Thanks, I'll check it out.
I used to have the Samsung, since the charging port had to be plugged into the goggles it wouldn't work.
2016-9-2
Use props
virtualimagedes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 364826 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use your phone and Walmart sells them for $15 dollars. Get the Litchi app and call it a day. Its awesome to use and have glare, ever.
2016-9-2
Use props
FPV Booster
lvl.3

Hong Kong

If you use iPhone, check out FPV Camera app (FPV Goggles) http://fpvbooster.com/index.php? ... w=article&id=27
2016-9-2
Use props
odesius
lvl.2

Spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6pcHXyx_b8 my video on the goggles samsung oculus with Litchi program
2020-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules