Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile Frame Rates
7825 12 2016-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
toadguy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HI,

I'm interested in the osmo mobile. I was wondering about frame rates. Nowhere on the site can I find out if the frame rate is changeable.

By default iphone shoots at 30fps(or maybe its 29.97) but I know that using a custom app - such as filmic pro - it can be set to 25 fps.

As the dji go app is used to record the video does it allow changing to 25fps - to avoid the flickering lights issue I have with iphone in UK.

Thanks.
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I didn't find that option on my Android phone, I'll answer this Monday
2016-9-2
Use props
iangoldberg71
lvl.1

Filmic pro is supposedly going to support the Osmo Mobile... lets hope they somehow incorporate active track into filmic pro, or allow us to change frame rates in DJI GO

http://www.newson6.com/story/329 ... -with-filmic-remote
2016-9-3
Use props
toadguy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,
thanks for that. The filmic thing looks interesting though it's not meant to be that stable an app(spent a couple of hours researching filmic pro vs mavis today). But as they've sort of partnered with DJI for the mobile it may mean that to get frame rate control it may mean using filmic pro, instead of dji go.
2016-9-3
Use props
SoNiK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183248 ft
Italy

Do you plan to support 60fps in your App?
2016-9-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SoNiK Posted at 2016-9-10 23:54
Do you plan to support 60fps in your App?

For iOS, yes.
2016-9-11
Use props
SoNiK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183248 ft
Italy

That's great thank you
2016-9-11
Use props
bleyten
lvl.3

Why is it that DJI just caters to the iPhone for functionality in their devices even though Android powers 86% of smartphones worldwide. I don't understand why these manual controls would be missing from the Osmo Mobile since they were available for Android on the original Osmo?!
2016-9-12
Use props
Peter P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2461 ft
Czechia

I agree it would be really nice feature if Osmo Mobile app supported more framerates.
My S8 supports FHD 60fps and it would be really cool with Osmo. If DJI app is doing really manual processing, supporting even higher framerates would be truly exceptional feature!

At the same time i have to say i was able to use Osmo quite ok with default phone recording app (if you can live without active track and switch to app for panoramas). This piece of hw is really nice.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Peter P Posted at 2017-8-1 22:04
I agree it would be really nice feature if Osmo Mobile app supported more framerates.
My S8 supports FHD 60fps and it would be really cool with Osmo. If DJI app is doing really manual processing, supporting even higher framerates would be truly exceptional feature!

Peter, thanks for your suggestions to our Osmo Mobile, our engineers are working on improving our products to make customers have a better experience.
At the moment, we also suggest customers to use Osmo Mobile as a stabilizer to run Camera of your phone or Filmic to obtain higher frame rate.
Please pay attention to future release in our website.
2017-8-2
Use props
Patrick J Favre
New
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-2 01:34
Peter, thanks for your suggestions to our Osmo Mobile, our engineers are working on improving our products to make customers have a better experience.
At the moment, we also suggest customers to use Osmo Mobile as a stabilizer to run Camera of your phone or Filmic to obtain higher frame rate.
Please pay attention to future release in our website.

As Peter I'm really interested too in using 60 fps (1920 x 1080 Full HD) through your excellent dji Osmo Mobile for smartphone.
Of course, it's possible to run the standard video/camera application of my Samsung S7, but in this case I haven't the switchs of the dji. And they are are extremely convenient...
Hoping your engeneers can modify your soft, I'm waiting your new version.
Thanking you in advance and congratulation for your amazing product.
Patrick
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Patrick J Favre Posted at 2017-8-23 00:52
As Peter I'm really interested too in using 60 fps (1920 x 1080 Full HD) through your excellent dji Osmo Mobile for smartphone.
Of course, it's possible to run the standard video/camera application of my Samsung S7, but in this case I haven't the switchs of the dji. And they are are extremely convenient...
Hoping your engeneers can modify your soft, I'm waiting your new version.

We are trying, there is 60FPS with iOS APP already.
Thanks for your support to DJI products, we will keep improving our products and software.
2017-8-26
Use props
DRM_C-137
New
United Kingdom

Hey folks, sorry to bump an old post.

I too am using the DJI Osmo Mobile, currently with a Samsung Galxy S6 and S8+.

The issue I have in general is that mobile phones record at a variable frame rate (I'd hazard a guess that not many people know or realise this, I certainly didn't).

This becomes extremely frustrating as I do a lot of Multi Camera shoots (up to 4 cameras) with some equipment that locks the frame rate but as the DJI Osmo mobile is my #1 camera, it's files are usually where Premier Pro gets it's information for any sequence settings and for whatever reason, a new sequence based off any footage taken from a mobile phone, sets the Frame Rate at 10FPS despite being recorded at around 30fps....

This caused some massive issues with external audio drifting out of sync before I realised the issue (after hours of trying to figure it out) and the solution was to export the mobile phone footage to new files with a fixed frame rate and all those issues within my sequences disappeared.

I now have to re-render all the files I shoot on phones (regardless of if it was shot by the Osmo or not) to a fixed frame rate before I can even start assembling and editing any footage which is a massive time drain when on average I have anywhere between 20 to 40 gb of files from an average shoot.

And this gets me to the crux of my most significant issue:

Why doesn't the DJI Osmo Mobile  (or the accompanying software to be more specific) allow users to choose and fix frame rates out of the box regardless of Apple or Android OS?

Why does it currently require an otherwise horrible and extremely overpriced  3rd party app to enable this kind of control?

I just don't get it and I really hope that DJI can provide fixes to this issue in the not too distant future...

I love the Osmo Mobile and what it is capable of to the point that I am planning on getting the DJI Osmo + to avoid issues of restricted memory and battery life on whatever phone is being used (and also so I can get the Z Axis too) and a DJI Mavic Pro is also on my purchase list for the not too distant future too....However I will obviously keep the Osmo Mobile for a back up or to add more dimensions to my footage in the future, so having that addition of locked frame rates would be massive.
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules