Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Suggestion: Cruise Control
1233 16 2016-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

I was hoping that it is possible for DJI to provide us an option to set the P4 to fly at the current speed, without us having to hold the stick.

Such a feature would be so helpful in many respects.

We can then concentrate on the gimbal movement and we can also achieve a smoother video, since the speed stays contant.

It can be enabled by either holding the C2 button for more than 5 seconds, or any other suitable control. It should dis-engage as soon as we move the right stick.

This feature should be active in P and S mode.

I am also curious for comments if others like this idea?

2016-9-2
Use props
MAD35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4387201 ft
Australia

Yeah, great idea for those long flights in sports mode out to those remote islands. I get a sore thumb holding it forward all the time.
2016-9-2
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Hello icarus.
Basicly we have it. Just start in the flight in waypoints. After setting them  the aircraft will fly them and u can adjust a speed.
2016-9-2
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

I would like this feature to be under normal flight though (not waypoint).

And DJI can take it up a notch if they like:

Once Cruise control is initiated, then the right stick only performs Yaw movements (in essence being in Course lock mode, with Constant speed).
Then if I press the C2 for more than 5 seconds, then Cruise Control is cancelled.
2016-9-2
Use props
QuadBart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hmmm, someone has been reading about the new Yuneec Typhoon H feature added to the firmware upgrade made available a couple days ago...

I've got a Typhoon H (in addition to my P4 and Inspire). Going to try the feature out today.

Personally I think a feature like cruise control is nice where you have a camera that can be independently operated like the Typhoon H and the Inspire.    With the P4, we can only move the camera up and down and not rotate so I don't know that it'd be as useful...
2016-9-3
Use props
Heebus
Second Officer

Canada

LOL, first u want a button to bring it right above us, now cruise control, next you'll want it to operate by itself, lol.. btw there is a form of cruise control, an elastic band...
2016-9-3
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

QuadBart Posted at 2016-9-3 13:29
Hmmm, someone has been reading about the new Yuneec Typhoon H feature added to the firmware upgrade  ...

"With the P4, we can only move the camera up and down and not rotate so I don't know that it'd be as useful... "

Have you ever thought about using 'course lock' on the P4, will fly in a straight line and allow you to rotate and pan camera as you like while the P4 keeps its course.
2016-9-3
Use props
QuadBart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-3 09:47
"With the P4, we can only move the camera up and down and not rotate so I don't know that it'd be  ...

No I had not!  Thanks for the tip!
2016-9-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-4 01:47
"With the P4, we can only move the camera up and down and not rotate so I don't know that it'd be  ...

I was just about to reply with the same thing until I saw you had covered it.

BTW, here is an image for you:

2016-9-3
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-3 23:24
I was just about to reply with the same thing until I saw you had covered it.

BTW, here is an imag ...

Very nice, a 'show Cocker Spaniel' ?
My little fella is 'Working Cocker Spaniel' , which means at least 5 miles a day in walks Bloody hard work....sometimes

But good fun...
2016-9-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-4 08:42
Very nice, a 'show Cocker Spaniel' ?
My little fella is 'Working Cocker Spaniel' , which means at  ...

Yes, his name was Lochie (Lochie The Cocky), and he was only a few points off Grand Champion, but he developed a brain tumour and sadly, passed away about a year ago. He was a lovely little fellow.

But we still have spares, a female Cocker, an Irish Setter and five Golden Retrievers.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
2016-9-3
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

LOL

Rubber Band Cruise control!!  Nice idea, But,

I am actually looking to maintain the P4 at about 30 - 34 MPH (most efficient speed), not maximum speed, while rotating it to rotate the camera, and moving the camera up or down at the same time. Course Lock helps but limited to straight line, plus it does not work in S mode.
2016-9-3
Use props
DronesAbove
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1986896 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would also like to have remote control as well...I lose controller when i come back in course lock and it has to auto land on its on...scary!!!!!
2016-9-3
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-9-4 13:00
LOL

Rubber Band Cruise control!!  Nice idea, But,

"30 - 34 MPH (most efficient speed), not maximum speed"
That's so close to normal max speed in P-GPS mode that the difference doesn't matter.
If you really need cruise control, simply get Litchi and set up a waypoint flight.
It will hold course and speed while you rotate the Phantom and tilt the camera to your heart's content.
2016-9-3
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-9-4 00:05
"30 - 34 MPH (most efficient speed), not maximum speed"
That's so close to normal max speed in P-G ...

I have Litchi but I was asking for manual flight mode; I think it will be a nice upgrade to be able to set the speed while flying fpv, so we can concentrate on the gimbal and rotation of the P4. Even though after some practice one can master it, it will make it easier.  I think the easier way to implement this will be to add speed control in CL mode.  But we should not have to type the speed, it should use the current speed. They can call it CLS.
2016-9-4
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

DronesAbove Posted at 2016-9-3 23:23
I would also like to have remote control as well...I lose controller when i come back in course lock ...

Please elaborate.

Did you experience "Disconnected" and then RTH after using CL in DJI GO?

I have used CL in litchi many times and I had no issues; (Litchi placed the Cl on the app fpv screen, which makes it so user friendly).
2016-9-4
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

Hmm...No DJI comment? I guess DJI is not biting on this enhancement??

Well, comrades who love to Cruise, Litchi will be adding Cruise Control soon!
Can't Wait to rest my aching thump during those long test flights! And maintain cool smooth video!

I May just buy the app again, just to show my support! And many of my buddies with aching thumbs will do the same now.
2016-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules