DJI Inspire One Raw - Raw SSD settings are Greyed out
2586 18 2016-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MichaelS
lvl.1

United States

On my new DJI Inspire One Raw I have the SSD in the Drone. When I go to the video settings all of the Raw SSD settings are Greyed out. Anyone here have a suggestion? I formated the SSD in the Drone but still no luck. Is there some setting I'm missing? Please help!

raw setting grewed out.jpg
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did this occur right out of the box, or was this after a firmware update?
2016-9-2
Use props
MichaelS
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-3 05:44
Did this occur right out of the box, or was this after a firmware update?

After an update i did after I took it out of the box. I never tried to shoot Raw until two weeks after I received the drone.
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

MichaelS Posted at 2016-9-3 10:56
After an update i did after I took it out of the box. I never tried to shoot Raw until two weeks af ...

Could you confirm what firmware update you have on the aircraft, camera and RC? Have you already uninstalled, then reinstalled the Go app?
2016-9-2
Use props
MichaelS
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-3 11:03
Could you confirm what firmware update you have on the aircraft, camera and RC? Have you already u ...

I have the latest Firmware. And I have to uninstall and reinstall the Go App.
2016-9-2
Use props
MichaelS
lvl.1

United States

MichaelS Posted at 2016-9-3 11:05
I have the latest Firmware. Why would I have to uninstall and reinstall the Go App?
When I did the Firware update the lights and sounds never stopped. I had to turn the drone off after an hour. When I tried to reinstall the Firmware it said the FW was arleady installed.
2016-9-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

MichaelS Posted at 2016-9-2 22:15
It's obvious I can't get any answers here. I will send the the drone back. You obviously do not wan ...

What are you using for the Go App device ?  On my I pad with the Pro the layout is quite different.   as far as the "why Re - load ) go app , sometimes with updates the Go app  can get hung up .  Doing a simple re -load can sometimes solve the problem .  

I am having troulble with what you mean by "Greyed Out "  Now on my system there is a gray line going through the video size  options but it is only there to help give some contrast to the settings. ( I own the Pro with X5, not the Raw )

There is a Lot to these systems, there are many nuances and sometimes hassles that are inherent in the RC hobby, if this one thing is getting you flustered, this may be the wrong hobby.

I am not trying to be  a bugger here , there is just a large learning cure and if you get annoyed easily , then by all means take it back now .

My advice is to muddle through, and learn in the process I know it is frustrating and a lot of money  but simply " get on with it "  

As far as the upgrade, lights and sound are just part of the equation , be sure to always check the SD card for "Success" to make sure you did it properly.  The tones will never stop, they simply change in tone , from a"4 beat loading" to a "3 beat indicating success" .  The light sill also change from Red Green flashing ( On My Pro , not sure on RAW)  to off when finshed.  

donnie

2016-9-3
Use props
MichaelS
lvl.1

United States

OK, I have reinstalled the DJI GO app. No improvement. When I did the upgrade i got an older version fail then 2 newer version successes. By greyed out I mean the SSD options are not selectable.
2016-9-3
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

MichaelS Posted at 2016-9-3 12:23
OK, I have reinstalled the DJI GO app. No improvement. When I did the upgrade i got an older version ...

Not sure on this but try to slide the selector to video and not camera, see if that fixes it.
It looks to me like it is selected fine ,  Although you have seen it before and I dont own the raw.  

Also is the SSD card firmly in place, My friend has one and it sometinmes does not seat all the way in .  

What are you using for the Go app ?  I pad ? Samsung ? droid ?

donnie

donnie
2016-9-4
Use props
MichaelS
lvl.1

United States

Hi Donnie,

That Still-Video slider just determines what happens when you press the record button in the app. I get the same thing in the video settings with it in video mode. The SSD card is in place and I'm using an iPad Pro and an iPhone 6 plus.
raw setting.jpg
2016-9-4
Use props
cinematic_aero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540331 ft
United States

What exactly is greyed out and not selectable? The text that says "4K(SSD RAW)"? If that is what you mean, that isn't selectable, it's just a heading for the options under it... At least thats the way it is on my go app when using my X5R.
So in the screenshot above, you have 3840x2160 24fps RAW recording selected for the SSD and H.264 3840x2160 selected for the SD card. But you only have the SSD in so it will only record RAW to that.
2016-9-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

MichaelS Posted at 2016-9-4 14:42
Hi Donnie,

That Still-Video slider just determines what happens when you press the record button  ...

I think it is Normal Mike , the settings that are being requested are showing up on the Info status bar near the top right below the HD graph.  I think You are A ok my friend

Cheers - donnie

My next move is the Raw.... cant wait.  
2016-9-5
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

MichaelS Posted at 2016-9-5 03:42
Hi Donnie,

That Still-Video slider just determines what happens when you press the record button  ...

You MUST have a SD card inserted to record. You can record without a SSD card but not the other way around.
2016-9-5
Use props
MichaelS
lvl.1

United States

Thank you, cinematic_aero, Donnie, and Mike-the-cat! All is well! You guys nailed it. I really appreciate the help. Mike you were right about needing both the SD and SSD cards in to record Raw. When I saw it say it was recording to the SSD I knew it was working. The only hitch after that was when I opened the CineLight program I could not see any clips. Turns out the CineLight software on the SSD was outdated. So I downloaded the latest version from the DJI site and it worked! I was able to process the DNG sequence into a video file using Compressor.
2016-9-5
Use props
cinematic_aero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540331 ft
United States

MichaelS Posted at 2016-9-5 15:03
Thank you, cinematic_aero, Donnie, and Mike-the-cat! All is well! You guys nailed it. I really appre ...

Thanks for mentioning you used compressor to convert the DNG sequence because up until now I didn't even know you could use compressor to open image sequences. (I found the option under the little + button at the bottom) Now I don't have to open every sequence in Resolve and transcode that way!
2016-9-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-9-5 10:57
You MUST have a SD card inserted to record. You can record without a SSD card but not the other wa ...

I am writing all this  good information down so when I get my X5R I am ready to go !  Thanks for the Infomation.

donnie
2016-9-6
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-6 21:45
I am writing all this  good information down so when I get my X5R I am ready to go !  Thanks for t ...

Make sure you have a powerful computer and LOTS of disc space to do image processing....
2016-9-6
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-9-6 10:08
Make sure you have a powerful computer and LOTS of disc space to do image processing....

You dont happen to know how to get the C1 file Off the Go app so that those having problems can download direct to the RC when having trouble .  I have been able to get it in the Past from Terry Lewis but he is no-where to be found.

file looks like this , but  ineed the 1.7 version

1.6.00-> https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _FW_V01.06.0000.bin
2016-9-6
Use props
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1434400 ft
United States

So was googling the greyed out settings issue and came across this thread. Just in case it helps, each section of the Video Size window in the Go Ap has greyed out headings that are not selectable, and then under each heading there are white text options to select that are selectable, but they may be rolled up under the heading so you cant see them. So try finger dragging that section of the window up or down and there they are........
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules