Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile Activation and Setup
12Next >
29808 61 2016-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

2016-9-2
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3902884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does Osmo Mobile use the same DJI Go Android app that is used for Phantom 4?
2016-9-2
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Does the balancing slide have enough movement to work with a HTC 10 phone that has power switch on the side of the phone?
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

poppylfh-sp Posted at 2016-9-3 12:35
Does Osmo Mobile use the same DJI Go Android app that is used for Phantom 4?

Yes it does use the same DJI GO app as the P4.
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

poppylfh-sp Posted at 2016-9-3 12:44
Does the balancing slide have enough movement to work with a HTC 10 phone that has power switch on t ...

it should be fine, I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and the power button is about 1/3 down from the top and I'm able to rest it fully to the bottom. If your buttons are about in the middle, then you would just not have the phone resting on the bottom. It still holds extremely tight and would never come off.
For phones that are curved then the mounting may not fit as tight.
2016-9-2
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Can video be uploaded using Facebook Live or is YouTube the only way?
2016-9-3
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Think I found the answer as played with FB Live on P4 and should have Osmo M by end of next week to try it out
2016-9-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

poppylfh-sp Posted at 2016-9-3 16:33
Can video be uploaded using Facebook Live or is YouTube the only way?

Yes you can share your edited video to Facebook, and also Instagram, Twitter, and a few other options.If you want to share live, right now there is YouTube, WeiBo, and Custom RTMP.
But you can us your phone's options and not use the GO app to live stream. You'll still have a stabilized gimbal, just not features of the GO app like Active Track and Motion Timelapse.
2016-9-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

poppylfh-sp Posted at 2016-9-4 04:47
Think I found the answer as played with FB Live on P4 and should have Osmo M by end of next week to  ...

Not sure if you will have it by the end of next week. shipping is 3-5 business days after payment conformation.
2016-9-3
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Isn't payment by credit card payment confirmation? If not, how long does it take to get payment confirmation?
2016-9-3
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Actually I got a payment confirmed email earlier today...
2016-9-3
Use props
iangoldberg71
lvl.2

poppylfh-sp Posted at 2016-9-4 10:23

I got my payment confirmed email 11am on Sept 1st

I spoke to a DJI customer service rep via the chat on their site and they checked my order number and said it would ship Sept 8th

They had no idea if its shipping from China or from stateside.  Obviously from China will take longer, but either way I doubt I will see mine anytime next week
2016-9-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

poppylfh-sp Posted at 2016-9-4 09:28
Isn't payment by credit card payment confirmation? If not, how long does it take to get payment conf ...

It has to clear PayPal.
2016-9-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

poppylfh-sp Posted at 2016-9-4 10:23

Nice, they should start shopping next week sometime.
2016-9-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

iangoldberg71@g Posted at 2016-9-4 19:05
I got my payment confirmed email 11am on Sept 1st

I spoke to a DJI customer service rep via the c ...

I agree, you should see it within 2 weeks.
2016-9-4
Use props
db050800
First Officer
Flight distance : 2204462 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its a great piece of Kit. Played with the Osmo Mobile for 3 days. Its a ground breaker.
IMG_0840.JPG
IMG_0822.JPG
2016-9-5
Use props
johnlega
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

db050800 Posted at 2016-9-5 11:37
Its a great piece of Kit. Played with the Osmo Mobile for 3 days. Its a ground breaker.

WOW - it looks like it's turning the world upside down. Few pieces of tech can do that!

2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

johnlega@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-8 03:32
WOW - it looks like it's turning the world upside down. Few pieces of tech can do that!

Ha Ha, that's funny.
Maybe after he reads your reply he'll edit it
2016-9-7
Use props
super__grover
lvl.1
Germany

Hello. When using the app for DJI in what format does it save the files? Can i use those files later in Imovie or FinalCut Pro?
2016-9-8
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.3

United States

Love this tutorial. Can't wait to get my Osmo
2016-9-8
Use props
whiskydamon
lvl.1

Will my batteries from my Osmo work in this?
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

whiskydamon@gma Posted at 2016-9-9 00:43
Will my batteries from my Osmo work in this?

Yes, it's the same battery as your Osmo.
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

super__grover@h Posted at 2016-9-8 18:39
Hello. When using the app for DJI in what format does it save the files? Can i use those files later ...

You can plug your phone into your computer and get the files off the GO app. Or you can also record using your phone's video record function and not even use the app.
2016-9-8
Use props
db050800
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So, whats the issue with the Forum tools? Upload photos, and they flip them upside down??
2016-9-8
Use props
bobasbury
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my Osmo Mobile yesterday, and I am really impressed with how EASY it was to set up and start using.  If you have the original Osmo, this will make a great addition to your gear bag.  I love the fact that it uses the DJI Go app and avails it to cool DJI-only features.  Or you can use your favorite camera app for stabilized shots.  You can use your tripod, extension rod and batteries from your old Osmo, so much of the Osmo stuff is interchangeable.  I liked the Osmo so much, I got an extra iPhone 6s just to use with the Osmo (and a few other specific uses).  So when the Osmo Mobile came out, my iPhone 6s gave me the pouty-face until I bought him one.

Though not designed for this, you could attach other lightweight cameras to it (like a GoPro).  There is a sensor that checks for the physical presence of a phone on the mount.  It has to be covered, so if you used a GoPro or something, you'd have to cover that sensor to trick it into thinking that all is legit.  You still would have to set up the Osmo Mobile in the DJI Go app, so you will need a smartphone for that process.

Controls are familiar.  The app is familiar.  App features like follow mode are familiar.  It feels solid, looks good, and chicks will dig you even more (if that's possible).  Instead of a hard case like the one that comes with the older Osmo, this one comes with a soft case.  I have not yet figured out to gracefully put it in the soft case.
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bobasbury Posted at 2016-9-9 19:02
I got my Osmo Mobile yesterday, and I am really impressed with how EASY it was to set up and start u ...

Glad you are impressed with it, it really is a very cool DJI product.
As far as using a GoPro instead of a phone probably is not a good idea. The tilt motor is balanced for a thin phone and not something thick so you will never be able to balance it on the tilt axis. If you put in a GoPro and then feel the tilt motor after a few minutes you will see hot extremely hot that motor is. You can also do the same on the roll axis, slide your phone a little out of balance and see how hot the motor gets.
It's made for a phone without a cover (unless ultra slim) with no tilt adjustment so I'd even advise against using a heavy external lens mounted on your phone.

And the case, you have to fully adjust the clamp to it's smallest opening then it fit's perfectly in the bag. It is nice that it's a thing bag instead of a thick case. You can take it anywhere with you easier than the Osmo case.
And I wish I had a 2ns phone as well, I get lots of calls, looks funny holding an Osmo up to my ear
2016-9-9
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do I activate my Osmo Mobile and connect to the DJI Go while my smartphone is on the gimbals or off? I thought the video say don't turn on the OSMO without a phone on the gimbals, but in the video, the OSMO was activated without the phone on the gimbals. I am so confused Also, can I use the touch screen on the phone while it is on the gimbals?
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Maxi3D Posted at 2016-9-10 06:02
Do I activate my Osmo Mobile and connect to the DJI Go while my smartphone is on the gimbals or off? ...

It doesn't matter. Just make sure to fully charge the battery first and that will activate the battery.
And yes you can use the touch screen while the gimbal is on, just touch lightly. You can also pan and tilt the gimbal manually while it's on to quickly frame your shot instead of using the trigger or moving your body.
2016-9-9
Use props
bobasbury
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-10 00:52
Glad you are impressed with it, it really is a very cool DJI product.
As far as using a GoPro inste ...

I understand.  I wouldn't use a GoPro anyway.  I'd consider that underkill.
2016-9-10
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.3

United States

Sweet! Osmo batteries work
2016-9-12
Use props
nariza7
New

United States

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but how do you open the battery compartment correctly? When I close the compartment with a battery in it and the slider in the unlock position, it normally snaps in, and then I lock it. When I unlock it though, the battery compartment tab stays in, and there is nothing to open it with besides my finger nails. Is it supposed to automatically open? Is it not supposed to snap when it is unlocked in the first place?
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

nariza7 Posted at 2016-9-12 12:52
I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but how do you open the battery compartment correctly? When I  ...

Hi, it is supposed to pop out when you push the button to "unlock" position.  I'm sorry to say your unit is defective.

You can use it for a while and when you have time available, email us at support@dji.com and send it in for an exchange.  You can always charge the battery through the 3.5mm port, and the 4 hour battery time is normally enough for a video.
2016-9-12
Use props
antonio.merkour
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127467 ft
Cyprus

Hi guys,
I am having trouble connecting my mobile with the Osmo Mobile.
I followed the video instructions but DJI GO does not find the Osmo Mobile.
I have tried manually to connect going under Osmo Mobile -> Connect Your Device, but I get the message "OSMO Mobile not found. Check that it is turned on and has not been connected to another device".
The Osmo Mobile is on (right LED is Green) and left LED (after stating up blinking yellow) is off.
Did anyone had these problem while connecting?
The odd thing is that when I search vie bluetooth I can see the OSMOM********* device.
2016-9-12
Use props
db050800
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

antonio.merkour Posted at 2016-9-13 06:45
Hi guys,
I followed the video instru ...

I was going to say is Bluetooth on?
Next, when you open the app, what do you see?
On the top left hand side there is a bluetooth symbol, you may have to tap it to activate. From memory it goes blue when on.
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

antonio.merkour Posted at 2016-9-13 13:45
Hi guys,

Have you gotten in the app yet?
2016-9-13
Use props
nariza7
New

United States

Ah, ill email to replace it then. Thank you
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

antonio.merkour Posted at 2016-9-13 13:45
Hi guys,

Hi, what phone are you using?  Some phones are known to have this issue, should be fixed upon next DJI GO update.

Also, can you try someone else's phone and see if it connects? Thank you.
2016-9-13
Use props
whiskydamon
lvl.1

United States

I keep clicking "activate" and nothing is happening....

Iphone 6+. Wifi and Bluetooth are turned on.
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

whiskydamon@gma Posted at 2016-9-15 02:09
I keep clicking "activate" and nothing is happening....

Iphone 6+. Wifi and Bluetooth are turned on ...

You've fully charged the battery first correct?
Can you post a screenshot of where you are stuck at.
2016-9-14
Use props
jon_teach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45928 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

So have recently purchased the Osmo mobile to use on my Samsung s7 edge. I inserted the S7 edge into the holder and balanced it. when I turned on the Osmo...Nothing! It didnt even
centre itself! This was odd! After trying on numerous occations, I tried an iphone 5 which belongs to my son. Low and behold! it worked! it centred inself and started to function as it should.
I then thought that the sensor may be damaged because how can a sensor determine what phone is in the holder right? ( I am still stuck on that one), Anyway, moving on. I then put a plastic case on the back of the S 7 edge and put it back into the Osmo holder, It worked??? How odd! I then started filming through the DJI go app and it only allowed me to film in 1080 res. So I continued to do some simple filming and found that the video was very jittery/jumpy/laggy. It was unuseable in my view.

I contacted DJI about my problem and they tech support guys said "Yes we are having issues with the Samsung S7 edge and have contacted Samsung to resolve the problem".

They did not mention how long it will take to fix the issue but it does not solve my immediate problem when filming. I have since asked DJI for a full refund as I am not waelthy enough to buy another phone which is compatible with the Osmo Mobile.

Has anyone had any issues like this?

Any advice would be really helpful.
2016-9-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules