Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile Activation and Setup
30017 61 2016-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

whiskydamon@gma Posted at 2016-9-14 14:09
I keep clicking "activate" and nothing is happening....

Iphone 6+. Wifi and Bluetooth are turned on ...

Hi Whisky, I had the same issue too. You will need to change your password for DJI Go application on the DJI website for you to active it.
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2016-9-15 21:21
Hi Whisky, I had the same issue too. You will need to change your password for DJI Go application  ...

You do not need the website to activate it.
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

whiskydamon@gma Posted at 2016-9-15 02:09
I keep clicking "activate" and nothing is happening....

Iphone 6+. Wifi and Bluetooth are turned on ...

Here's a tutorial video.

2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jon_teach Posted at 2016-9-15 15:47
So have recently purchased the Osmo mobile to use on my Samsung s7 edge. I inserted the S7 edge into ...

I responded to you in the other thread.
2016-9-15
Use props
mikeleeaustin
New

United States

Will the follow mode work on the original Osmo or just the mobile version?
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mikeleeaustin@g Posted at 2016-9-17 08:45
Will the follow mode work on the original Osmo or just the mobile version?

It's Active Track and it's not available for the original Osmo.
2016-9-17
Use props
apkhou
Flight distance : 3802 ft
United States

Purchased the osmo mobile.. However the DJI Go app shows the video inverted on my Google Nexus 5X.

Google says that it's a app problem and asked me to talk to the app developers or company. They say that the developers are supposed to use the new camera APIs to set the video orientation correctly which the DJI app currently does not do.

If this is not fixed by DJI, I will have to return the osmo mobile as it's unusable in its current state, which I really do not want to do.

An update would be appreciated.

I have seen other threads here on this very same topic but no response from DJI staff.

2016-9-18
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

apkhou Posted at 2016-9-19 13:44
Purchased the osmo mobile.. However the DJI Go app shows the video inverted on my Google Nexus 5X.

It will be solved very soon
2016-9-19
Use props
apkhou
United States

Thanks. Any info on when it would be solved?

I had put a support request too and the DJI support said that nexus 5x is not supported phone and they told that it may not be fixed soon since it's a unsupported phone, which for me was very disappointing.

Google Nexus is a flagship phone from Google on Android platform and it's surprising that DJI does not support it!

2016-9-19
Use props
mVcKyUL3B0mf
lvl.1

United States

So is the DJI Mobile very buggy? Has the DJI Go App not been updated to handle the Osmo mobile properly? Are no quality control checks done? I keep seeing people with connectivity issues, incompatibility issues, battery issues, gimbal issues in this forum.

I received my Osmo Mobile a few days ago and its completely unusable because of a discharging battery and the gimbal not working even though bluetooth is connected

1) Battery drain:  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=63715
2) Gimbal doesn't respond even though bluetooth is connected: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=63762

I can't express how disappointed I am at spending 395euros (340euros on the Osmo and 55euros on the bike mount) on a product that doesn't work...
2016-9-19
Use props
apkhou
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-19 03:47
It will be solved very soon

can you please give us a timeline. I am currently in a return period., I dont want to keep this $300 unusable product for long if this is not fixed within my return period.

I have also purchased other accessories (like extra battery, tripod, extension) - all expensive stuff.. .and if this bug is NOT fixed soon, this is going to be a major disaapointment for me and many others.

I see several people now start to realize that nexus 5x is not supported.
2016-9-19
Use props
theo11d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49882 ft
  • >>>

Very happy with performance first 4 days, updated go app with pano version, tried a 180 pano, yaw motor immediately started swinging from lock to lock and motor protection circuit shut down gimbal motors. Now the mobile repeats this action upon startup rendering it unusable. Q: Is there a reset option for the gimbal?
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

apkhou Posted at 2016-9-19 10:40
can you please give us a timeline. I am currently in a return period., I dont want to keep this $3 ...

If you must ask me to give you a timeline, estimation is about two weeks. This is the timeline given by our R&D team, but I can in no way guarantee it.
You can return it now /  cancel the order  and buy it again in your local store when it's compatible with your phone.  Or you can use your stock camera for now, you just won't be able to use Active Track, compared with DJI GO.
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

theo11d@yahoo.c Posted at 2016-9-19 17:39
Very happy with performance first 4 days, updated go app with pano version, tried a 180 pano, yaw mo ...

Hi, there's a gimbal calibration option, try if it helps. If it doesn't, please contact support@dji.com and send it in for exchange.

Very sorry about your experience.
2016-9-19
Use props
vivek.saikia
New

United States

jon_teach Posted at 2016-9-15 02:47
So have recently purchased the Osmo mobile to use on my Samsung s7 edge. I inserted the S7 edge into ...

I am facing the same issue.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Osmo Go app restricts me to use 1080p as the highest resolution. No 4k
2016-9-21
Use props
vivek.saikia
New

United States

vivek.saikia Posted at 2016-9-21 14:52
I am facing the same issue.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Osmo Go app restricts me to use 108 ...

I got in touch with the DJI support and they confirmed that the DJI Go app is not compatible with Samsung galaxy S7!!
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

vivek.saikia Posted at 2016-9-22 04:53
I got in touch with the DJI support and they confirmed that the DJI Go app is not compatible with  ...

Hi, the 4K on S7 will be supported pretty fast, in a week or two.
2016-9-21
Use props
kristourman
lvl.1

United States

I am looking to use this with a Moment wide angle lens, so it could shoot interior video for real estate.  It appears the lens is too heavy, even when just using the Moment mounting plate with the lens.  Any ideas on what wide angle lens DO work with Osmo Mobile?  I like the form factor of Osmo but it just can't handle the weight.  Perhaps counter balancing it on the other side with something that weights about the same...?
2017-1-9
Use props
HasseNielsen
New
Denmark

Why do I need to activate the device?
From my point of view It looks like way for DJI to get my email.
2017-4-3
Use props
Knight Mobile
New

United States

After turn on Osmo Mobile, it keep show yellow blink light and not turn to solid green.  in a min, will shutoff itself.  ANyone can advise, what happend to it?
2017-6-18
Use props
Marco38
New
France

Ou peut-on se procurer une notice de OSMO Mobile 3? Merci
2019-10-18
Use props
Marco38
New
France

Ou peut-on se procurer une notice de OSMO Mobile 3? Merci