Advice Needed
1645 8 2015-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

I had my first crash today trying to show off in front of friends and could not stop fast enough. The phantom hit a tree and fell about 10 feet to the ground. The only thing that happen was one of my motors was locked up and would not turn, i then used my fingers and made the motor turn, after a crunching sound the motor broke free and i have tested everything through 2 bateries now with no problems. All 4 motors start and stop at the same time, no drift and turns on a pole still. I have check and found no looseness in the motors.
Should i still buy a new motor and replace it?

2015-1-29
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

Assuming the crunching sound was some kind of foreign object in your motor, you might want to try cleaning it like this:

2015-1-29
Use props
katokristof.ema
lvl.1

United States

If the money is not a problem, I would buy a new one and replace it to be safe!
2015-1-29
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

The best choice will be the one that gives you the most peace of mind.
2015-1-29
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

Just ordered a motor. Thanks for the input.
2015-1-29
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

stock12to32 Posted at 2015-1-30 06:15
Just ordered a motor. Thanks for the input.

If you order a motor get an esc with it. I would never replace a motor like that without an esc.
2015-1-29
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

I took the motor apart and it looks like somthing very small had been in there and had fallen out when in turned it with my fingers, im thinking this motor is ok but i am going to replace it anyway.
I know one thing for sure, I am never being stupid again. My wife is enjoying giving me a hard time though...
2015-1-29
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

stock12to32 Posted at 2015-1-30 10:41
I took the motor apart and it looks like somthing very small had been in there and had fallen out wh ...

It is not stupid if you learned something from it.
2015-1-29
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-30 10:43
It is not stupid if you learned something from it.

True. When I feel the need to show off I will just break out the Syma x5c, it is a awesome little quadcopter.

I Flew the Phantom through 6 batteries, running it through any test I could think of and recorded the sunset with no problems. I'm so happy this lesson was not an expensive one.
I will still replace the motor when it arrives and just keep the old one laying around.
My gimbal guard came in today!
2015-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules