DJI GO App - when will support for VR goggles be available?
2391 7 2016-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lqsuarez
New

United States

2016-9-3
Use props
lqsuarez
New

United States

Attn DJI:  We should not have to buy a third party app like Litchi to take advantage of VR goggles. This should be available in DJI GO.
2016-9-3
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

lqsuarez Posted at 2016-9-3 15:59
Attn DJI:  We should not have to buy a third party app like Litchi to take advantage of VR goggles.  ...

Probably never would be my guess. Since we technically should be keeping VLOS with the craft, and that can't be done when wearing goggles. FAA rules say (paraphrasing) that FPV can't be the only means to have control, that actual eyeballs (with only corrective lenses) must be used. I could be wrong on DJI reasons, but maybe they just don't want to go down that road.
2016-9-3
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-4 10:04
Probably never would be my guess. Since we technically should be keeping VLOS with the craft, and  ...

That is right and the same reason that DJI won't go the way of LCMC (Lost Connection Mission Continues) missions. This is made impossible by almost all national and international regulations.
2016-9-4
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-3 22:04
Probably never would be my guess. Since we technically should be keeping VLOS with the craft, and  ...

FAA does state you can have an observer to use for VLOS so that the PIC can fly FPV or VR.
2016-9-4
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-9-4 12:43
FAA does state you can have an observer to use for VLOS so that the PIC can fly FPV or VR.

Thanks for adding that. I knew that, just didn't want to muddy the waters with too much info in one post. I have a set of goggles myself and even downloaded Litchi. But to this day haven't used them for VR flight, because of this exact thing. Not having a observer with me, I've been going out solo as of late.
2016-9-4
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-4 13:16
Thanks for adding that. I knew that, just didn't want to muddy the waters with too much info in on ...

I have flown VR without an observer with me. When I do this I wear the goggles up on my forehead to keep the VLOS but when I need to take a good look around I slide the goggles down over my eyes
2016-9-4
Use props
sskkyy
New

There is an App Dream Flights. They offer “Passenger mode”. You can do a 360 degrees (horizontal) by 90 degrees (vertical) free view by tilting your head and turning your sight to any direction, while the pilot controls the aircraft with RC. But it is only for DJI Inspire 1  http://dreamflights.pro/why.html
1.jpeg
2016-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules