Loss of signal 30m away and galaxy s7 turning off
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
p.caughers
lvl.1

Very scared to take out the bird and fly now as since the upgrade i get a no signal less than 30m away and my phone resets. Has anyone any suggestions?
I fly a ps3 standard. Dont really want it to become a very expensive paperweight.
It did say upgrade available and i didnt want to due to the stories i have heard, however that message no longer appears so i presume it has upgraded itself.
Can it be rolled back to a former (working) firmware or have i got a very cute looking brick now???
On a plus note it kept recording and responding the whole time (9 mins) however was very worried about losing it. It was even controllable while phone was booting up after reset but all flight data is limited to lots of 1 min flights instead of one continuous flight.
Any help or advice please.
2016-9-3
Use props
colnemac
lvl.2

This may be a silly question, but have you checked it's not reverted back to beginner mode first of all?
I have no idea about the phone rebooting itself, my tablet did it the first time i tried planning a waypoint mission in dji go, first the app froze, then the nexus 7 rebooted itself, This was on a brand new tablet with bare minimum of apps installed, and only my third time flying it. P3S stayed under control the whole time. Touch wood, it hasn't happened again since.
2016-9-3
Use props
p.caughers
lvl.1

Yeah its not in beginner mode. The s7 thing seems common so it might be a problem with the phone and not the drone. I will try again tomorrow with a different phone. I checked and made sure beginner was off.
Thanks for reply.
2016-9-3
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

p.caughers Posted at 2016-9-3 14:15
Yeah its not in beginner mode. The s7 thing seems common so it might be a problem with the phone and ...

maybe it gets to hot,
could be with the battery issue on the s7.

good luck and have fun flying!
2016-9-3
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4668169 ft

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-9-4 02:35
maybe it gets to hot,
could be with the battery issue on the s7.

I have flown the P3P with the S7 for a few hours and did not have a single problem. I will check if the phone's battery somehow gets extremely hot.
Actually I use the S2 tablet (SM-T719) for a few weeks now and I can highly recommend it, because it connects extremely fast and reliably under every condition (so far). A fact that I missed quite a lot using a competitors model running the same Android OS...
2016-9-3
Use props
p.caughers
lvl.1

The battery problem is with the new note, not the s7. However the s7 did have a update 3 days ago. I dont know how relevant that was because the p3s also had an update at same time. I do have a s3 tablet so will try that tomorrow. That should tell me if its tablet or phone.
I only had the drone up for less that a minute before issues started to happen so i doubt the battery was too hot.
Thanks for the replies.
2016-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules