Streaming rtmp with stream name
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colsky33
New

United Kingdom

Hi all, I hope someone can help.

Previous I was able to use the youtube live streaming (within the DJI Go App), using the 'custom mode'. It allowed me to enter my rtmp server address along with the stream name (the stream name is important as that tells my server which project to add the stream to), then once I started recording it all came into my server and could be viewed.

Now something has change and I dont even see custom mode, its youtube stream now or such like. There is however a new 'custom rtmp' option, not in the youtube section, where i could enter my rtmp url but it does not have an option for a stream name (so my server doesnt know where to put it).

The above is on Iphone 5s

My Android devices are similar but the DJI chat folks said that android is not fully supported anyway.

Does anyone know what I am on about and have any ideas?
2016-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello colsky33, some features are improved for the new APP. You could type "/stream name" after rtpm url to have a try on your iPhone 5S.
2016-9-4
Use props
colsky33
New

United Kingdom

Hi Natalia, thanks for response! Unfortunately no joy, just constantly says connecting. Not sure what to do next, any ideas?
2016-9-5
Use props
dronels
New

United States

I cannot get the RTMP function to work either.  HELP DJI!!!!
2017-3-13
Use props
dronels
New

United States

Same here.  i want to stream for business and YouTube or FB don't work for me.  The other streaming apps have tested their apps and they work.  The problem lies in how I am formulating the URL stream.  According to the live streaming websites, the connection should work but it doesn't.  DJI - do you have a website that you have tested and can you provide the URL format so we know how to formulate the URL line?
2017-3-20
Use props
LukaszBo
New

Poland

Hey,
we managed custom RTMP to work with UStream by entering in the app:
<RTMP URL>/<Stream Key>
which results in full url like this one below (digits and letters changed)
rtmp://1.23062472.fme.ustream.tv/ustreamVideo/26139874/sfdskjfgskjdgfkjsgkjsdgfkjgffsds
2017-3-22
Use props
jahumphr
lvl.1

United States

It works but will not save the profile. For a wowza server you would use this format rtmp://Ip_address:1935/live/myStream, for authentication use this. rtmp://username:password@Ip_address:1935/live/myStream
2017-3-22
Use props
b barris
lvl.2
United States

Hi, Our app can broadcast live to any site, right now for beta purposes it only broadcasts to our site (www.skytubelive.com) but in our next, enterprise, release, will be able to broadcast anywhere you specify.  If you want to be a beta user of the app, let me know, and I'll hook you up.  Android only for now.
Thanks,
Brian
www.skytubelive.com
www.instagram.com/skytubelive
2017-5-20
Use props
ROCC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18445 ft
Jordan

Hi,
I'm facing the same issue. I want to stream the video to my laptop (laptop and the remote device are connected to the same offline WiFi network). I'm using a portable router.
I installed wowza on my laptop and removed all authentication requirements.
When I try to stream from the DJI GO app, i enter the url rtmp://192.168.1.102:1935/live/drone The app indicator keeps telling me that it is "connecting" but nothing happens.

I took 92.168.1.102:1935 from the wowza server.

Has anyone been successful in doing this?
2018-3-8
Use props
CesaireNJ
New

Cameroon

I have a Mavic Air. I have tried to live stream from the apps to my laptop (ubuntu 16.04) using nginx/rtmp as a video server. It keeps showing Connecting.... My laptop is used as a wifi hotspot ans my phone is connected to the RC controlerr and my laptop via wifi. I hqve being working on it since mqny days now. Any help will be highly appreciated.

And What is the best way to live stream video from a DJI drone to a computer please?
2020-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules