Brand new DJI 3 Phantom pro Vibration & Oscillations
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kc717
New

Australia

I have this problem with brand new dji 3 pro out of the box;

It sometimes causes jello effect on the video.

I've had 4k version and I never had this probem with that one.
I tried changing the pro version prop with older 4k version but no change.

I bought it from becextech.com.au.
I asked whether they can give me a replacement but they are not replying to my emails.

What should I do?
2016-9-4
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

WoW! Looks like you got a nervous one! Maybe a Prozac or two will help! Did you complete an IMU, gimble and RC calibration after you performed your FW upgrades? This might help if you didn't. You might have something out of balance. The Prozac is for you...not  the Phantom. I find when something goes crazy a few Valium, Prozac and Oxycontin taken with 4 shots of tequilla make things all better.
2016-9-4
Use props
jamesazen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15262 ft

Wow, that looks bad...

If you're using a filter, you may need to add a counterbalance to the rear of the camera
Or check if the set screw on the downward shaft is tight, as in

Otherwise it looks like a case for DJI Support (since your dealer isn't responding)
Also, I prefer Clonazepam (Klonopin)
Good Luck..
2016-9-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

From the clip you posted, it looks like something is seriously out of balance. You might try changing the props one at a time, and testing each time, with the spares that came in the box. If one is out of balance, throw it away or get a DuBro Prop Balancer and balnce the props.
2016-9-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There is no way or is very doubtful, a DJI OEM prop is causing that much noticeable wobble.

Suspect something seriously sinister... Smile

RedHotPoker

2016-9-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello kc717,please double check your vibration absorbers and the propellers.If they aren't damaged and the videos still have jello effect,I'd suggest contact support@dji.com and send it in for fixing.
2016-9-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That problem has nothing to do with the gimbal system, the whole aircraft is vibrating, watch the landing gear legs when in slow motion. It has to be a propeller balance problem, since the motors really cannot get that badly out of balance.
2016-9-4
Use props
spel
New

Netherlands

It looks like the motor on the back/right hand side is out of balance. It wobbles, while I don't see that with the other 3 motors.
2016-9-5
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Becextech are a bit dodgy judging from some of the comments on OzBargain and Whirlpool...  e.g. https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/257136
2016-9-5
Use props
roymoon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

Warped/bent prop.
2016-9-5
Use props
Holland33
lvl.1

If you're getting no joy from becextech, try contacting the manufacturer.  It seems that drones are prone to issues but a lot of people in Australia are successfully getting a replacement using their manufacturer warranty. We had to have ours replaced. Seems we weren't the only ones.
2019-9-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain

Holland33 Posted at 9-9 18:57
If you're getting no joy from becextech, try contacting the manufacturer.  It seems that drones are prone to issues but a lot of people in Australia are successfully getting a replacement using their manufacturer warranty. We had to have ours replaced. Seems we weren't the only ones.

The thread you are replying to is 3 years old, the poster probably is not on this forum any longer.
2019-9-9
Use props
Holland33
lvl.1

Geebax Posted at 9-9 19:02
The thread you are replying to is 3 years old, the poster probably is not on this forum any longer.

Oh I'm sorry. Still getting familiar with this forum, but this could still be viewed by others who are having the same problem. I am still a newbie and still trying to learn how to setup a signature (didn't see an option). Also, I tried to show in my response a link to a page where Australian users were returning their defective drones and getting them replaced, but the external link didn't show either. How do I contact the admins to help with this? Thanks.
2019-9-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain

Holland33 Posted at 9-9 19:15
Oh I'm sorry. Still getting familiar with this forum, but this could still be viewed by others who are having the same problem. I am still a newbie and still trying to learn how to setup a signature (didn't see an option). Also, I tried to show in my response a link to a page where Australian users were returning their defective drones and getting them replaced, but the external link didn't show either. How do I contact the admins to help with this? Thanks.

In your post, there is an icon on the top row of the editor for placing a link. Click on that first and type in the link address or paste it.
2019-9-9
Use props
Holland33
lvl.1

Geebax Posted at 9-9 19:21
In your post, there is an icon on the top row of the editor for placing a link. Click on that first and type in the link address or paste it.

When I do that and save, it doesn't appear as a link, it appears as text.
Here's my attempt at linking to http://www.google.com
2019-9-9
Use props
Holland33
lvl.1

...also can't add a signature cause I can't see an option to do so
2019-9-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain

Holland33 Posted at 9-9 19:24
When I do that and save, it doesn't appear as a link, it appears as text.
Here's my attempt at linking to http://www.google.com
Here is your link, done exactly as I described:
Name of the link address
2019-9-9
Use props
Holland33
lvl.1

Geebax Posted at 9-9 19:43
Here is your link, done exactly as I described:
Name of the link address

Ok , it looks like you have more permissions than I do. Is there anywhere that describes which level user has which permissions?  who are the admins on this site?
This is my attempt to link to http://www.google.com again.
2019-9-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain

Holland33 Posted at 9-9 19:47
Ok , it looks like you have more permissions than I do. Is there anywhere that describes which level user has which permissions?  who are the admins on this site?
This is my attempt to link to http://www.google.com again.

They can't help you. You just have to get in enough posts or replies to move up a level.
2019-9-9
Use props
Holland33
lvl.1

Ok thanks. You have been very helpful.
2019-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules