Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OSMO+ - tracking?
10236 29 2016-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xk8lYDHF7tuQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47287 ft
Poland

Hi,

After OSMO Mobile presenation, I almost order it, but then, thinked again, and now I think that better choice will be Osmo+ - quality of the smartphone movies is not as good, as cameras like hero or osmo. But, there is "but" - in osmo mobile, I love this idea with tracking, this is what I was looking for, does the osmo+ has the same function? Can I track myself during presenations or sport activities?

2016-9-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

The Osmo+ does not have Active Track.
2016-9-4
Use props
dQGWtPQVstA5
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-5 06:06

Will it be added as future update?
2016-9-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dQGWtPQVstA5 Posted at 2016-9-5 22:16
Will it be added as future update?

I believe not at this time.
2016-9-5
Use props
tomoman
lvl.1
Poland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-5 16:43
I believe not at this time.

So, as always halfway house, OSMO+ has some great quality, but without Osmo Mobile advantages. Osmo Mobile has some great features, but when you compare quality of iPhone or other smartphone movies to OSMO+... bad colors, no wide angle, problems with focus in dynamic scenes, etc.

I think for now I will still stay with gopro, and wait for next upgrade. Besides, Osmo Mobile cant be upgraded in future. Smartphone handle cant be removed.
2016-9-5
Use props
thefurmanuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15994 ft
United Kingdom

Does the Osmo+ offer tracking like the Osmo mobile in this video (from 02:50)
2016-9-6
Use props
thefurmanuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15994 ft
United Kingdom

Ok so I have read in another thread that it does not track and this is a mobile only feature.  There is are apps for iphone call Vertical Studio (£15) and Autoframe (£8) that work.  
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

thefurmanuk Posted at 2016-9-6 20:05
Does the Osmo+ offer tracking like the Osmo mobile in this video (from 02:50) https://www.youtube.co ...

I'm sorry, no it does not.
2016-9-6
Use props
tomoman
lvl.1
Poland

thefurmanuk Posted at 2016-9-6 14:19
Ok so I have read in another thread that it does not track and this is a mobile only feature.  There ...

I think Apps that you mentioned, support aerial video recording, but not handheld DJI OSMO+
2016-9-6
Use props
dQGWtPQVstA5
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

tomoman Posted at 2016-9-6 01:25
So, as always halfway house, OSMO+ has some great quality, but without Osmo Mobile advantages. Osm ...

Agree with you! DJI is one company, same team making osmo & mobile and dividing options on new products
2016-9-6
Use props
CaptBellio
lvl.1
Canada

dQGWtPQVstA5 Posted at 2016-9-6 10:28
Agree with you! DJI is one company, same team making osmo & mobile and dividing options on new products

Yep, this SUCKS!!!  I just spent double the price and traded in my Osmo mobile to upgrade to the plus.   I WISH I had looked into this feature NOT being present in the plus before dropping all this money.  Ridiculous that it wouldn't be made available for the pricier product
2017-1-2
Use props
Advocate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm sorry to say this but DJI really are letting down their most loyal customers by not having ActiveTrack for the original Osmo etc.

ActiveTrack is a SOFTWARE feature, it does not rely on hardware.  If it did they could not include it on the Osmo Mobile as they could not guarantee it would work.  With the original Osmo and Osmo+ they KNOW the hardware that is there and adding ActiveTrack should be simple.
2017-1-5
Use props
Viper989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 891194 ft
Canada

Hi guys ,

Just got my hands on an Osmo+
I can confirm Vertical Studio's tracking works on the Osmo+
I tried Litchi for P3 . Funny thing , it sees the camera , it says not connected . You can see within the app what the camera sees . The tracking option opens . You can ''track'' an object and the apps follows it , but not the camera . I'm guessing it's a matter of time before Litchi for Osmo gets this feature .
We'll have to see
2017-1-5
Use props
Skint
lvl.1
New Zealand

The reasoning for not active track on the Osmo/+ is the onboard processor won't handle it, with the osmo mobile its live on the phone which can process the tracking. On the osmo/+ there is a delay with transmitting to the live view phone so it won't work very well.
2017-1-5
Use props
CaptBellio
lvl.1
Canada

Skint Posted at 2017-1-5 21:36
The reasoning for not active track on the Osmo/+ is the onboard processor won't handle it, with the osmo mobile its live on the phone which can process the tracking. On the osmo/+ there is a delay with transmitting to the live view phone so it won't work very well.

If that were the full reason I wouldn't imagine they would have it capable on the drones.  My Mavic has it and works quite well, as good as the Osmo mobile did
2017-1-7
Use props
ChrisNL 8
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-4 18:06

I hear you can use active track with the apps : Vertical studio or active frame...
I am picking up the osmo+ in a few days so I will test it then.
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ChrisNL 8 Posted at 2017-1-12 14:41
I hear you can use active track with the apps : Vertical studio or active frame...
I am picking up the osmo+ in a few days so I will test it then.

Yes, an earlier post confirmed they used it on Vertical Studio.
2017-1-12
Use props
ChrisNL 8
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-12 15:03
Yes, an earlier post confirmed they used it on Vertical Studio.

Ahhh I didn't read it well enough I guess
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ChrisNL 8 Posted at 2017-1-12 15:50
Ahhh I didn't read it well enough I guess

No problem at all.
2017-1-12
Use props
Skint
lvl.1
New Zealand

CaptBellio Posted at 2017-1-7 17:12
If that were the full reason I wouldn't imagine they would have it capable on the drones.  My Mavic has it and works quite well, as good as the Osmo mobile did

The DJI Inspire drone that shares the camera with the Osmo also doesn't have active tracking. It's only the Mavic and Phantom 4 that are designed to do it.
2017-1-13
Use props
fans29c69725
New

United States

The way DJI has handle the issue with active tracking on the OSMO+ makes me feel like they are affiliated with these "third party" companies who are charging quite a bit for these compatible apps with active tracking.
Hmmmm, how much you making off these other apps DJI?  
2017-4-13
Use props
michelrivet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43307 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-4 18:06

I have an osmo+ and i enjoy the active track doing  active track very often
2017-4-17
Use props
michelrivet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43307 ft
Canada

have an osmo+ and i enjoy the active track doing  active track very often
2017-4-17
Use props
Sarmat
Flight distance : 483094 ft
Russia

how to enable this feature on Osmo+ ???
2017-4-17
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

tomoman Posted at 2016-9-5 13:25
So, as always halfway house, OSMO+ has some great quality, but without Osmo Mobile advantages. Osmo Mobile has some great features, but when you compare quality of iPhone or other smartphone movies to OSMO+... bad colors, no wide angle, problems with focus in dynamic scenes, etc.

I think for now I will still stay with gopro, and wait for next upgrade. Besides, Osmo Mobile cant be upgraded in future. Smartphone handle cant be removed.

You actually can mount a GoPro to an Osmo mobile, although it just feels wrong, it's like Darth Vader flying an X Wing.

The fixed gimbal is one of the main reasons I am getting an Osmo+ instead though, it can't use most of the Osmo's accessories or an external microphone.  It is a much better idea to get a standard Osmo or an Osmo+ and an M1 gimbal, that way you can still use it as an Osmo mobile if you want, but don't have those problems.  Or if you just want the Osmo Mobile, get an Osmo Handle and an M1 gimbal, that way it is more versatile and you can add other gimbals later if you want.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

michelrivet Posted at 2017-4-17 06:28
have an osmo+ and i enjoy the active track doing  active track very often

Can you make a video showing this working?
2017-4-18
Use props
fans50833cde
New

India

Any one Please tell me tracking application (software) in Android mobile for OSMO+
2017-4-27
Use props
Hayatosmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47680 ft
India

fans50833cde Posted at 2017-4-27 22:11
Any one Please tell me tracking application (software) in Android mobile for OSMO+

Vertical studio
2017-6-15
Use props
fans4f52b9cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32451 ft
Norway

Seems to be a second delay since the feed needs processing, but works ok.

2017-8-23
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

It would be great for OSMO+ to have tracking.  In fact, it's surprising that DJI has not provided this feature.

In our limited use of the OMSO+, we generally focus on one single subject and would greatly benefit from being able to move around with the OSMO+ keeping trained on the subject.

The OSMO Mobile is great, but as previously stated in other posts, the camera is complete garbage compared to the X3.  Would love to see tracking in a future update.
2017-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules