Color Blind (Red and Green)
2205 11 2014-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beave53
lvl.1

United States

Okay...I am totally red and green color blind.  Makes determining what the color flashing sequences are on the Phantom 2 impossible, everything looks the same which causes some anxiety when preparing to launch.  Might a mod to the LED s on the the craft be blue and yellow or ? Or should I give it up?  
2014-9-29
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

You could put some type of colored film in or on the light bezels. To change it to, a color you can see possibly.
2014-9-29
Use props
Beave53
lvl.1

United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-30 11:49
You could put some type of colored film in or on the light bezels. To change it to, a color you can  ...

I guess I will have to use my FPV with ISOD every flight to be safe. Thanks
2014-9-30
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

Could you add an LED to either the red or green sides.  The other thing you might want to do is add a black arrow on the two forward arms.  With a white background it might be visible from the ground.
2014-9-30
Use props
Beave53
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the ideas I ll keep working in it.
2014-10-2
Use props
bsphillips
New

United States

I am having the same problem. I am unable to distinguish the red/yellow/green LEDs. Does anyone know how to mod by adding lights or maybe a two or three digit display?
2014-12-31
Use props
porschett
lvl.2

United States

Just looked at the ESC where they're attach. If you could find the same leds, it looks like a simple solder job. If it helps, I could send you an old board for you to experiment with.
2014-12-31
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I've seen a number of dealers offering various light kits.  Here are some blue LED's from helipad.com
2014-12-31
Use props
mmulad.gmail
New

Canada

bsphillips Posted at 2015-1-1 02:40
I am having the same problem. I am unable to distinguish the red/yellow/green LEDs. Does anyone know ...

also color blind... i would love to actually see a mod for this, like how to really see a difference in yellow and green... because right now well... i have to ask people all the time ;((
2015-2-11
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mmulad.gmail Posted at 2015-2-11 23:53
also color blind... i would love to actually see a mod for this, like how to really see a differen ...

Me to I find it almost impossible to see the difference between Yellow and Green.

Substituting a Blue LED for Yellow would be a good idea.
2015-2-12
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

If practical you could always have a helper
2015-2-12
Use props
HanzoGT
New

United States

DJI chose the worst colors possible for color blind people. 8% of men are color blind. Red/green is the most common. This is a frustrating feature that DJI designers should address.  I would think blue and orange would be just as easy to produce
2020-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules