FUTABA + A2 Telemetry
3666 7 2016-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pipeek
New

Poland

Hello everyone.

Is it possible to get telemetry from A2 displayed on Futaba T14 SG? I'm connecting to A2 unit via original Futaba reciever now.

If it is not possible could you point me to any solution that can transmit telemetry to ground? I'm using A2 flight controller and Connex transmiter for video.

Thank you for your time and help.
2016-9-5
Use props
Picture Factory
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5059882 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I have been using the Futaba T14 SG with the A2 and now A3 and I get my flight battery voltage and altimeter on my radio by using the optional Futaba telemetry cables that plug into the receiver. If you are looking for more detailed telemetry than that, then you have to move to the Lightbridge 2 system.
2016-9-5
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156401 ft
United States

I'm using the iOSD Mark II.  It works pretty well and is an inexpensive solution.  
You'll need to connect the A2 and your video output into the Mark II, then route the output of the Mark II into your vtx.  Depending on your cables/connectors you may have to do some soldering though.
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

For timonroecg's suggestion, soldering will most likely be required, but the iOSD Mark II would come with the necessary cabling in order to solder most 3rd party VTX's.
2016-9-6
Use props
quality
lvl.2

United States

Picture Factory Posted at 2016-9-5 06:57
Yes, I have been using the Futaba T14 SG with the A2 and now A3 and I get my flight battery voltage and altimeter on my radio by using the optional Futaba telemetry cables that plug into the receiver. If you are looking for more detailed telemetry than that, then you have to move to the Lightbridge 2 system.

Are you using the futaba SBS-01v sensor for the voltage? What sensor are you using for the altimeter? The Futaba manual just says you need a GPS sensor, wouldn't the gps that comes with the A2 be sufficient? I've been searching for details on how to get that working. Total Noob here...trying to figure this out. Thanks!
2017-1-17
Use props
quality
lvl.2

United States

I would love to know how Picture Factory got this working...I've been fighting trying to get telemetry on the 14SG for weeks now with the A2 but it doesn't even seem possible without going with the iOSD. I had heard that "sometimes" the iOSD voltage display can be a bit "off" and so I wanted a voltage specific sensor tied directly to my TX.  I have a futaba SBS-01v sensor but have no idea where to plug it into the A2. Even if I did though, from my understanding the A2 only supports FASST modes "FASST-MULTI" and "FASST-7CH neither of which have telemetry enabled.

I'm pulling my hair out with this after having spent a bunch of money to get the SBS-01v sensor it doesn't even look like I can use it. The only way to make it works would seem to be having a futaba reciever on the drone specifically for telemetry.
2017-1-28
Use props
DRONE ACT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52 ft
  • >>>
France

Does anyone have any new information ?

Regards.
2017-9-21
Use props
sck.dronebuddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197221 ft
Belgium

Picture Factory Posted at 2016-9-5 06:57
Yes, I have been using the Futaba T14 SG with the A2 and now A3 and I get my flight battery voltage and altimeter on my radio by using the optional Futaba telemetry cables that plug into the receiver. If you are looking for more detailed telemetry than that, then you have to move to the Lightbridge 2 system.

Coming back on this old tread...what are these "optional Futaba telemetry cables" and how do you connect them ??
2022-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules