Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unreliable charging behaviours...
710 5 2016-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryLaurence
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've just received a replacement 1580mAh battery, after one of the two that came with my new Ronin-M kit failed to charge, or show any signs of life. The replacement battery initially wouldn't charge but, after unplugging and replugging several times, it responded. Is this a known issue and it is a fault with the battery or charger?

Thanks,

Jerry
2016-9-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, the charger you are using is the original one from your purchase? Did you receive a replacement battery from your dealer or the European Support Center?
2016-9-7
Use props
JerryLaurence
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The charger was in the kit purchased from a UK dealer. I have a feeling that the problem occurs when a battery is allowed to drain completely (ie, after being in storage). It seemed to charge more reliably after a full charge/discharge cycle. Would that make sense?
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2016-9-8 13:18
The charger was in the kit purchased from a UK dealer. I have a feeling that the problem occurs when ...

That does seem like a likely scenario, since the battery could need a kickstart, sort of speak, when it's not used for a long time. Does long term storage occur often with your unit?
2016-9-8
Use props
JerryLaurence
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No, it was brand new. I'm assuming the whole unit has been on a shelf in a warehouse for months before I received it...
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2016-9-9 13:38
No, it was brand new. I'm assuming the whole unit has been on a shelf in a warehouse for months befo ...

The battery must have been in sleep mode for too long on the dealer's shelf. It's good to hear that you were able to get it running. Please keep us posted if the charging issues reoccur.
2016-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules