Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji phantom 2 vision plus video feed not working
6217 17 2016-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuey12345
lvl.1

United States

I have a phantom 2 vision plus that the video feed is not working. I contacted dji and they said to send it in for repair. This problem did not happen until I updated to the current firmware. Why would I have to pay to repair something that dji update caused?  When talking to tech support they said it is a very common problem and dji would cover the repair costs. Well that's not the case. They told me it would cost 166 to repair it. I have two other phantoms but with this kind of support I think I will be changing brands. Why not take care of a loyal customer??
2016-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Stuey, really sorry for the inconvenience caused. After you upgrade it successfully, have you tried to re-bind the range extender again? You could take photos properly, right?
Would you please double check the "About" page on the APP?
Beside, may I know your ticket number or case number since you have contacted our support, I'll help you look into it. Thank you in advance.
2016-9-5
Use props
stuey12345
lvl.1

United States

CAS-231122-H9L4N4. It already at the repair shop they said it needs a wifi module. Which is a very known problem to go bad after update
2016-9-6
Use props
stuey12345
lvl.1

United States

???????????
2016-9-6
Use props
sinnans
New

Pakistan

Hi,
Today I tried to fly my DJI Phantom 2 Vision plus everything seems okay after calibrating compass when I start DJI Vision app on my android cell the video feed was not showing up. First I thought something is wrong with camera, however I soon realize that camera  is working fine as all pictures and videos I tried were saving successfully in SD card.

But the Video feed area on the app is not showing anything but a black screen.

I remember few months ago I successfully updated my Phantom 2 using the Windows App version 3.8

I am very upset if this will need to be fixed by having a repair! after purchase I had only 3-4 flights including test ones. Its like brand new.

Please help is there any way to reset it / roll back firmware update ?

Thanks.

Following is the screen shot of the upgrade screen showing my current status of the hardware/firmware

Updates.PNG
2016-9-14
Use props
johnootz
lvl.2
United States

I am having the same problem.  What is the fix?
2016-9-14
Use props
johnootz
lvl.2
United States

This is extremely upsetting.  This seems to be a major issue and DJI is not helping anyone.  My Phantom is like new and has not been mistreated whatsoever, I take extremely good care of my equipment.  I have read that this is a problem that was caused by the app update, if that's the case, then this should be fixed free of charge!  I have spent several thousand dollars on DJI products and am ready to sell it all and change companies!  This is ridiculous and there are no comments from DJI!
2016-9-14
Use props
johnootz
lvl.2
United States

Crickets from DJI....That's just terrible customer service...
2016-9-16
Use props
stuey12345
lvl.1

United States

had the same problem contacted dji support, advisor told me to send it in and it would not cost me anything since it is such a common problem on this model, after the latest update, after sending in for repair they said the wifi module is bad wich I knew already but only sent it in because I was told there would be no charge, dji contacted me saying it was going to cost $160.00, they would not cover the costs, Terrible support from DJI, I will not purchase another product front them, I have 3 Phantoms but will be selling all of them, Why in the fuck would you tell me it would be covered then say no, DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS FROM DJI, THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

sinnans@gmail.c Posted at 2016-9-15 01:57
Hi,
Today I tried to fly my DJI Phantom 2 Vision plus everything seems okay after calibrating compa ...

Sorry ,it cannot roll back the firmware version. Did you contact our tech support at support@dji.com for further help?
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

sinnans@gmail.c Posted at 2016-9-15 01:57
Hi,
Today I tried to fly my DJI Phantom 2 Vision plus everything seems okay after calibrating compa ...

Hello Sinnans, have you tried to re-bind extender? with different mobile device, you have the same issue, right?
If no improvement, it would be best to send it in for fixing. You could contact our tech support at support@dji.com for further help.
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

johnootz Posted at 2016-9-15 08:07
I am having the same problem.  What is the fix?

Hello John, there is no video feed on your APP, right? You have done the same troubleshooting as them? if so, maybe it needs to be checked and fixed by our tech engineers. Please feel free to send e-mail to support.us@dji.com for further help.Really sorry for all inconvenience caused.
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

stuey12345@yaho Posted at 2016-9-17 22:57
had the same problem contacted dji support, advisor told me to send it in and it would not cost me a ...

Hi Stuey, sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience, if it's not eligible for our warranty policy after analysis, then it needs to be payed for repairing. We also provided a solution for your case, hope your kindly understanding, thanks.
2016-9-17
Use props
stuey12345
lvl.1

United States

I steady paid for it and got it back from DJI. Too late!!!  You should have done something when you had a chance!!
2016-9-18
Use props
stuey12345
lvl.1

United States

DJI customer service is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI is the worst customer service I've ever dealt with (and I have comcast)...  

They bricked all of our Vision + drones and left everyone hanging.  I'm still waiting for the class action suit because one should definitely be coming.  DJI is a PIECE OF SHIT company.  I would never recommend them.  I will definitely never buy another one of their products.  

Suck it DJI...  
2016-10-16
Use props
plumbfreeordie
lvl.2

United States

I have a post called "Bad companies" discussing DJI's response to this problem.  You should go there and chime in as I am the only one in the thread with this problem.  The rest of the people are saying I'm a jerk
2016-10-22
Use props
calon pilot
New

Indonesia

saya dari indonesia, dan saya memiliki masalah yang sama mengenai produk dji saya, tidak menampilkan video feed sama sekali dan apakah saya harus terbang buta selamanya, karena tidak ada pemecahan masalah disini.?
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules