World Record Long range for P2V+ ... 6.1km [3.8miles]
7422 14 2014-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DBS
lvl.2

United States

Ok... So my Ground Station is a little big... But man does this thing have some RANGE!!!

Dashboard Shows... flight time, amp temp, air temp, and amp voltage (for booster battery pack)

1000mW 2.4Ghz Booster ... 6500mAh Battery ... 2000mW 5.8Ghz Booster

Relocated antenna for long range aim

(with a little Flytrex Core 2 in the battery compartment)

And of course the nose antenna leading the way home... {:3_52:}

61-vJCeAq0L._SL1500_-picsay.jpg
2014-9-29
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

WOW! I fly line of sight for the most part and dabble with FPV. I have to say that is one heck of an antenna you have. Jeeez!!
2014-9-30
Use props
DBS
lvl.2

United States

Yeah... it's a little bit overboard... but then again I only use it once in a while when i wanna do some major distance
2014-9-30
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

This guy did it using Horizon antennas and Uno duo, .I will have to task him to go 3.9mls.
2014-9-30
Use props
DBS
lvl.2

United States

xzgraham@btinte Posted at 2014-9-30 20:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... j-0i92cLUAuYol-hxKQ
This guy did it using Horizon antennas and  ...

His is a totally different situation  anyway ... he is on 2.4Ghz control ... and using aftermarket immersonic FPV feed... On Vision and Vision Plus , we are using 5.8Ghz control and stock DJI FPV to the wifi extender...

So anyway... we're not really in the same hardware class and therefore don't really compete with eachothers setups and range claims...
2014-9-30
Use props
DBS
lvl.2

United States

Coming soon... 6600mAh Battery mod for 30 minute flight times and longer range :-)
temp.jpg
2014-10-10
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

Whoa!! Have seen many a setups but none as impressive as this one. Like you said (and I agree), cant compare P2V+ setups with P2 fpv setups. Just a quick Q, those small panel antennas pulled out from the range extender and placed at both ends of the phantom, are those for the 5.8 RC now or still connected to the 2.4 video link on the phantom?
2014-10-15
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

Hmmm what's the reason for going so far?  Bragging rights?
IMO it's  an unnecessary risk to go that far for very little to no benefit.  You risk loosing your Phantom far away with reduced chance of ever finding it again.  You stress the battery more than necessary.  Health risks by using high amplification of microwaves close to the body?  Also a big chance of having a run-in with the law by using a non certified/approved antenna system that likely is beyond the permissible EIRP.  Kind of difficult to hide it since it is anything but inconspicuous so it certainly will get attention if someone goes by.   
2014-10-16
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

swomilan Posted at 2014-10-16 22:40
Hmmm what's the reason for going so far?  Bragging rights?
IMO it's  an unnecessary risk to go that  ...

You must be fun at parties

He did it for the same reason everyone else breaks records doing the unimaginable. Because he can.
Won't catch me doing a 4 mile run but still amazing seeing it can be done.
Nice job DBS!

2014-10-16
Use props
DBS
lvl.2

United States

uhayat@hotmail. Posted at 2014-10-16 13:17
Whoa!! Have seen many a setups but none as impressive as this one. Like you said (and I agree), cant ...

The antennas on the bird are the actual bird antennas... taken out of the battery compartment and positioned front and back for better link at long distances... I've used the range extender antennas for a smaller ground setup when 4 mile distance isn't in the plan for the day.

2014-10-17
Use props
DBS
lvl.2

United States

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-10-17 11:05

He did it for the same reason everyone else breaks records doing the ...

yeah... what he said...

thanks for backing me up on that one Cloud9!!!
2014-10-17
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-10-17 11:05

He did it for the same reason everyone else breaks records doing the ...

At least at parties I don't have to worry about frying my manhood while having fun.
Because you can do something doesn't automatically mean it's wise to do it ;)
2014-10-17
Use props
DBS
lvl.2

United States

swomilan Posted at 2014-10-18 00:30
At least at parties I don't have to worry about frying my manhood while having fun.
Because you ca ...

I'm using  2 watts or less on directional antennas that direct the power away from me... I think everything is gonna be okay. .. I think there's much more risk with that redneck puddle jumper in your profile pic
2014-10-17
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

My redneck puddle jumper is fully street legal and enhances my manhood.  How legal is your 2 Watt Popcorn popper with the authorities?
2014-10-17
Use props
DBS
lvl.2

United States

I don't worry about it... where we fly is so far out and away from town there aren't any "authorities" who care... the only two that have ever commented on it are the two that i have built custom setups for.
(if you think that rock box enhances your manhood then i understand your warped point of view about these other things)
2014-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules