OSMO Mobile best feature
1793 11 2016-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bleyten
lvl.2

I'll actually be in focus at an arms length with selfie mode. That was so disappointing about the original osmo which was heavily advertised as a selfie camera that is out of focus within 3 feet :-/ Waiting for my Osmo mobile to arrive, my (poorly supported) original osmo is for sale on eBay right now!
2016-9-5
Use props
chadbello619
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1939117 ft
United States

So you're saying selfie mode is the best feature?
2016-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A lot easier to do a selfie without osmo mobile, a €350 selfie hopefully you get a good price for your osmo on ebay
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Osmo Mobile is not a selfie stick, if your main purpose is selfies then inexpensive selfie stick attached to your phone then you can get that with a $10 stick.
The Osmo Mobile does have a selfie mode with 3 trigger presses but that's the least important features of it.I think the most notable features are Active Track and Motion Timelapse.
2016-9-6
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-7 02:39
The Osmo Mobile is not a selfie stick, if your main purpose is selfies then inexpensive selfie stick ...

Hi Ken, I will ask the question again, can we get motion time-lapse for the standard osmo in the future please!
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-9-7 07:44
Hi Ken, I will ask the question again, can we get motion time-lapse for the standard osmo in the f ...

Well, I'll help him answer this. Unfortunately, no.  Sorry, we tested that function, the hardware limitation of the original Osmo prevented it from functioning well, so it's decided not to add this function.
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

I can think of a better use.  You can use a tripod and put Osmo Mobile on it, then it active tracks your face, and you can walk in front of the camera  
2016-9-6
Use props
bleyten
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-6 14:39
The Osmo Mobile is not a selfie stick, if your main purpose is selfies then inexpensive selfie stick ...

The original Osmo is heavily advertised as a selfie stick with selfie mode etc but it is only capable of out-of-focus selfie stills and video without a $55 "extension rod" which is ridiculous! When referring to selfies I'm talking about walking selfie videos which would be shaky on a normal selfie stick without the Osmo mobile, at least I hope the Osmo mobile will be capable of stable walking selfies at an arms length or it will be the next DJI device I list on eBay. Yes, Active track and Motion Timelapse will be great, it's a shame DJI has so poorly supported the original Osmo that's still lacking such features!! Yeah yeah I know, he hardware isn't capable blah blah blah.
2016-9-6
Use props
bleyten
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-6 13:49
A lot easier to do a selfie without osmo mobile, a €350 selfie hopefully you get a good price for y ...

I'm ok with taking a hit on eBay just to get rid of it now before it loses more value and take the best offer I can get for it. The original Osmo has not lived up to expectation. The battery is terrible, out of focus at less than 3 feet which is not only bad for selfie pics and videos but close up artistic shots, DJI has shown no support for it, WiFi connection kills my phone battery incredibly quick, setup takes a long time when turning on and off between shots, there's a bob in walking footage ... need I go on. The original Osmo is really only good at one thing and that's stable stationary (not walking) handheld footage of wide subjects.
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-9-7 07:44
Hi Ken, I will ask the question again, can we get motion time-lapse for the standard osmo in the f ...

I don't think it will be an option. BUT, I'm not in R&D so I can't say for sure as it may be unable to be possible.
2016-9-7
Use props
user456f8d4321
New

Chile

Is Active Track feature available for Android users? If not, will it be implemented anytime soon?
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

user456f8d4321 Posted at 2016-9-8 10:48
Is Active Track feature available for Android users? If not, will it be implemented anytime soon?

Yes, it is. You need a reasonably recent phone to make it work though, at least quad-core
2016-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules