Phantom 4 and a question about stress cracks.
1246 4 2016-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
plasrobin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128839 ft
Belgium

Hi all,

My first phantom was a 3 pro, and i experienced no stress cracks but when i've read the famous posts about stress cracks i got a bit worried.
So i think a did what all good pilots would do and examine my first bird for stress cracks, and i never found a single one.
Now because i hate getting so workt out about this i thought i upgrade to a phantom 4 since so i understand it lookt better built, the plastic shell that is.
I now again am examining my phantom 4 for stress cracks because somewhere on this forum and others i found a couple of reports about having a phantom 4 getting cracks.
Now for the question, what could cause this ? getting a bit rough on the landing ; weather tempature, or perhaps did something go wrong in the production proces when molding these shells for the persons that reported these problems.I for one hope that my p4 will be crack free .

Could someone posts their thoughts about this? i'm  guessing with so many p4's built and sold since march the chanses that i will get this are slim right?

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

2016-9-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Plasrobin, please do not worry about it, and you could take care of aircraft, enjoy your flight.
2016-9-6
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

As Natalia states don't worry about the P4. The P4 is a very strong quad. I have not seen nor heard of any stress issues. Remember the P4 has a Sport Mode for racing which puts a lot of stress on the air frame especially when braking which the P4 is outstanding at. Enjoy your P4 and relax.
2016-9-6
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a P3A and now a P4.  I read all those threads about stress cracks too.  I honestly don't recall ever seeing a post that a Phantom crashed or failed because of a stress crack.  Meaning a stress crack becoming so bad that it came apart in the air or caused a failure...   
2016-9-6
Use props
plasrobin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128839 ft
Belgium

Hi, and thanks for the replys, it seems a though bird indeed.
Great forum, have a nice day!

2016-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules