Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A3 PMU Resoldering Work
2936 9 2016-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulykins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just began to remake the XT60 connector into the angle as the setup video says for assembly into the s1000, but was a little taken aback when opened the cable to only find a red power wire, some unsleeved bare wire (which will presumably be made into the black wire) and a thin green and white wire ?

before I blow the hell out of the PMU unit can someone just reaffirm what I need to do with my collection of wires as I was only expecting to see a black & red wire when I removed the existing XT60 connector ??

2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, are you trying to split the power for a dual battery set up? If it's a single battery set up, then no soldering would have been initially required.
2016-9-6
Use props
Swiss-Tony
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,
Ignore the thin wires, cut them back.

The uninsulated wire is -ive and the other is +ive. This worked for me.
2016-9-6
Use props
paulykins
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-6 21:08
To clarify, are you trying to split the power for a dual battery set up? If it's a single battery se ...

Hi Jamie

I was following the DJI Video http://www.dji.com/product/a3/info#video

This video clearly states at 0.30-0.40secs that you should replace the existing XT60 connector with the one in the accessories pack ! However, when you open up that PMU cable it only has one red wire (presume positive), some bare stranded wires not sheathed, and a single thin green and single white wire.

I am not prepared to do anything with this cable now until DJI tell me what the wires represent which is not covered in the video, as one of the DJI Customer Support guys on a forum says there is a filter in there ???

I have put in a request for a new unit, as I would not have done this procedure if I had known it was not a straight red/black power conversion which would have been easy.
2016-9-7
Use props
paulykins
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-9-7 08:00
Hi,
Ignore the thin wires, cut them back.

Thanks Tony, I made that assumption too just didnt dare power it up without knowing the polarity of the wires on the assumption that the unsheathed wires were negative. Glad yours worked OK but im bloody furious we have to pay a lot of money for something then have to butcher it !!!
2016-9-7
Use props
DronelyLtd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any movement on this? Im about to need to do the same.
2016-9-9
Use props
paulykins
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DronelyLtd Posted at 2016-9-9 13:57
Any movement on this? Im about to need to do the same.

I just did what Tony did and cut back the green and white wires, twisted the unsheathed wires together folded them over and tinned them, added some heat shrink over red and new black wire, then heat shrink over the top of both. I made them off straight and made a harness with a right angle which is what I wish I had done in the first place, and to be honest if I was you i wouldn't change the XT, just make a nice right angled harness with a male and female XT60 !

I havent powered it up yet to see if its OK lol
2016-9-9
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>

Or easier to this?
13699592_1028334883954402_1207559266_o.jpg
2016-9-11
Use props
mike fly
lvl.1

United States

I am testing an A3 Flight Controller on an S1000+ and it is not a permanent installation.  If it works, this right angled harness would be perfect for my application.  

Has anyone made it work?  Is it just a straight through connection?
I do not have the drone yet but I watched the video that recommends the connector change.  Does the stock PMU connector need to be changed because of form factor (fitting it in a tight spot), or because the wires are actually connected differently?

Thanks!
2018-7-17
Use props
mike fly
lvl.1

United States

I had a colleague solder an XT60 right angle harness for me and it works great (similar to the one pictured in the post above).  It's just a standard straight through connection.  It is only required because there is not enough vertical clearance on the drone (with the top plate installed) for a regular connection.  Thanks!
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules