Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-M with jib arm...
1281 4 2016-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryLaurence
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm thinking of buying an inexpensive tripod mounted jib arm, and attaching my Ronin-M, controlled by the RC. Is this likely to be ok? I'm wondering if the 3k or so weight may induce wobbles which the stabiliser can't cope with.

Any thoughts?
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you elaborate on how you would attach it?
2016-9-7
Use props
JerryLaurence
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would attach it, in the overslung position, using a third party tripod adapter. I have managed to find a way to mount my small camera upside-down so that it ends up right side up...
2016-9-7
Use props
gt3rs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 280056 ft
United Kingdom

I use mine Ronin M on a "manual" cablecam that generates much more vibration etc.. than a Jib so I see no problem using it on a jib. By the way if you google ronin + jib you will find tons of people using it this way...
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

gt3rs Posted at 2016-9-8 21:15
I use mine Ronin M on a "manual" cablecam that generates much more vibration etc.. than a Jib so I s ...

I don't see any problems with what you're looking to do. You would still have good stabilization between the pan, tilt and roll axis. A good accessory to have would be the Universal Mount, if you don't have this already:

https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-universal-mount

Just make sure that the jib you're using can accomodate the payload of the Ronin, camera and any other accessories you may have attached.
2016-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules