Is the DJI Go App to blame for "Signal Lost" or is it hardware?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tayhan91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481601 ft
United States

Quick backstory... Drone went down a few months ago and hasn't been used since ( ~2 months ). Long story short, ended up getting a brand new gimbal. Plugged it in yesterday and everything seemed to work fine.....
So i know im not the only one to have delt with this but i cannot get my controller to fully connect to the phantom. I get a clear as day picture after the gimbal does its dance, but that's about it. After a few minutes of the status being " Aircraft warming up" it always goes to "Signal Lost". The controller signal strength and Battery reading are picked up fine but the number of satellites always stays blacked out for some reason. I tried to re-link my controller to my aircraft, didn't fix anyhting but said it connected correctly even though the drone wouldn't respond to any inputs. Started the drone first instead of the controller, Nothing. Was told to download the latest firmware multiple times and by the third time i noticed it was replacing firmware 1.6.0 with 1.6.0. Another issue i noticed in the app was that when i would try and make a change, lets says max alt, it would revert back to Zero every single time i tried to enter in some other value on the same page (RTH height). I made sure to try this with a different device ( Galaxy tab 4 and then my LG G4) and that resulted in the same, "Signal Lost". I am trying to get this puppy up and running for this weekend in lake George so please throw some ideas or known fixes my way. I will try them all.

Oh forgot to ask, is there a way to COMPLETELY reset the drone? like a factory reset on a phone?

Thanks!
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello tayhan91,could you please clarify which Phantom model you have ?
Did you update both the aircraft and remote controller?
Please try to change a usb cable and post a screenshot of the error message.
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Tayhan, may I know your aircraft's model? You replaced gimbal by yourself or you sent it in to DJI service center?
You have the latest firmware for remote, aircraft and APP, right?
Please cool aircraft down and calibrate IMU firstly, and then calibrate gimbal. You could try to check it again in an open place without interference around.
It's better to use mobile devices recommended. if no improvement, please send me an screen shot, thanks.
2016-9-8
Use props
tayhan91
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-8 22:38
Hello Tayhan, may I know your aircraft's model? You replaced gimbal by yourself or you sent it in to ...

Hi Natalia,

I actually got it all working again by downloading an older firmware successfully and then repeating the update process with the newest firmware. After that the controller noticed the drone and the connections were stable again. I calibrated the IMU and Gimbal on a level surface as well as the compass just for the heck of it. Flew it 5 times since then and i haven't had an issue. I actually had the drone a little farther than i was comfortable and the connection was full bars when i turned around.

-Joe
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tayhan91 Posted at 2016-9-23 03:44
Hi Natalia,

I actually got it all working again by downloading an older firmware successfully an ...

Glad to hear that. please enjoy it and check in the future, and feel free to let us know if any other questions. nice~
2016-9-22
Use props
tayhan91
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-22 21:18
Glad to hear that. please enjoy it and check in the future, and feel free to let us know if any ot ...

quick question since it just flew into my head...did i void my warranty by buying a new gimbal? i bought it straight from the dji store.
2016-9-23
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

tayhan91 Posted at 2016-9-23 21:11
quick question since it just flew into my head...did i void my warranty by buying a new gimbal? i  ...

no as its a DJI part, warranty is voided by modifying AC/RC with aftermarket/3rd party mods to the best of my  knowledge.
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tayhan91 Posted at 2016-9-24 04:11
quick question since it just flew into my head...did i void my warranty by buying a new gimbal? i  ...

Hi, agree with Techreviews, additional, it will not be covered by DJI warranty if damage caused by improper installation. For more details, please check on our website: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2016-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules