Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Have DJI forgotten about original Osmo users,POLL
3674 33 2016-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Single SelectVote, Total 37 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

83.78% (31)
16.22% (6)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

No one has been forgotten about, it's just technology advances and newer products are released with better features and specs. It's the same with every since electronic product.
You can get a 4k TV with loads of features for less than you paid for your non 4k TV a year ago. And computers, no one can keep up with them as every few months the same computer is better and maybe even less expensive.
And if you are experiencing issues with your Osmo, contact support and send it in for warranty repair.
2016-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-8 19:54
No one has been forgotten about, it's just technology advances and newer products are released with  ...

Hi DJI Ken
So often in your replies on this forum you quote Apple and how often they change there products, well yesterday Apple launched new iPhone 7 this will come with iOS 10 softwear with many new features and that's fair and good but Apple didn't forget it's customers who use iPhone 4,5,6, & + because they also designed and created this new softwear keeping all there customers in mind, now that's a company who looks after all it's customers first.
The original osmo barely out of nappies seems like a product now forgotten by DJI as it releases not one new model but two, with new features which haven't been added to original osmos, it smacks of underhanded greed and total disregard for what we're it's pioneering customers, there are many people complaining about the way DJI have treated them, these are people who bought into a concept , they do in my opinion have every right to feel disappointed with DJI , you may have caught them this time but for how long, integrity doesn't seem to be part of the DJI company..
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-9 03:58
Hi DJI Ken
So often in your replies on this forum you quote Apple and how often they change there  ...

Well, sell your Osmo, but the Mobile or the Zoom. Then after a while you will have to sell those because the next Osmo will be out. It's going to be a never ending cycle.
And when DJI adds features, if it cannot be adaptable to older version then you won't see it. If you know 100% and you are a software engineer and that feature will work on an older product but it's not available then that's how it is and I'm sorry about that.
They make their decisions based on their criteria and that's how it is.
2016-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-8 21:12
Well, sell your Osmo, but the Mobile or the Zoom. Then after a while you will have to sell those b ...

I'm glad you agree with what I've said and have at least said you are sorry about this, I think many people will try to sell original osmos, but I don't think they will reinvest in other DJI products which as you say will be obsolete in no time.
I am disappointed I have spent over €1000 2 months ago on a product that is now effectively worth less than 1/2 the price I paid for it and as I thought at the time I was buying into a concept silly me got caught by DJI but this will only happen once..
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-9 04:44
I'm glad you agree with what I've said and have at least said you are sorry about this, I think ma ...

The Osmo has been out for almost a year. I don't think your Osmo is only worth half or new.
And when you got it however long ago you got enjoyment out of it. Now there's a new one that has a few extra features, I think your Osmo is still a great product and can easily get the job done.
2016-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-8 21:49
The Osmo has been out for almost a year. I don't think your Osmo is only worth half or new.
And wh ...

I agree with you it is a great product, however it still has some glitches and issues which have not been sorted,maybe these issues could have been sorted before other products were released that would be looking after existing customers but many are left waiting ,
Don't get me wrong here , I think DJI products are great I also have two other DJI products which are great, it's just on buying osmo it looked that DJI were developing this as a concept camera with add ons updates for firmwear and softwear ,but this never materialised, I am not alone in thinking this, but as my father would say , once bitten twice shy.
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-9 05:22
I agree with you it is a great product, however it still has some glitches and issues which have n ...

I'm sorry you feel that way.
If your glitches cannot be remedied, send the Osmo in to be repaired under warranty.
2016-9-8
Use props
joshuanicholas1
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Keep releasing new OSMO, it's good that DJI is focus on upgrading their products they have, but please, at least fix most if not all of the problem on the original OSMO, because right now, I'm not planning to spend on another DJI product. At this rate, how would I know you guys won't do the same with the newer products? Where hey if there's a problem? Create a new product, leave the old one broken and forgotten.
2016-9-8
Use props
jcap858
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>

Ken, when will DJI make a legit firmware update for the original Osmo/Osmo pro?  The last update was forced due to users buying the focus wheel and it not working.
2016-9-8
Use props
maurymcc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37949 ft
United States

The problem I have is that I bought my Osmo Pro based on the web site's description of the Osmo's features. Please see http://www.dji.com/osmo. The web site tells me I will be able to do:

1. Automatic panorama
2. Timelapse
3. Long exposures

NO WHERE on that page does it say these features won't work with the X5/Pro. AND, the return policy states things have to be returned in the condition they were received — impossible to do, because the boxes have to be ripped open to get the products out!

Failure to provide the features DJI states the Osmo has is false advertising and grounds for a class action lawsuit.
2016-9-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jcap858 Posted at 2016-9-9 05:14
Ken, when will DJI make a legit firmware update for the original Osmo/Osmo pro?  The last update was ...

It doesn't look like anytime soon,these guys are real busy with new osmo products
2016-9-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

maurymcc Posted at 2016-9-9 09:17
The problem I have is that I bought my Osmo Pro based on the web site's description of the Osmo's fe ...

From what I read here on this forum you will be told YOU HAVE A GREAT PRODUCT YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY.
2016-9-9
Use props
aladdin
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-9 16:50
From what I read here on this forum you will be told YOU HAVE A GREAT PRODUCT YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY.

We have the osmo x5r and it has never worked properly and is always glitchy. Absolute rubbish and sent back to Dji coming back with no fault. We are at fault for still buying your products. If all users stopped buying their unfinished products they will realize they need to finish and fix one product before releasing another. A Class Law suit is most likely going to happen in the near future. The only product i think they got right is the phantom 3 and the inspire.
2016-9-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

aladdin@theboxs Posted at 2016-9-16 17:25
We have the osmo x5r and it has never worked properly and is always glitchy. Absolute rubbish and  ...

Well I have a P4 I'm quite happy with that, but feel really pissed with osmo it's a product they never got right and seem happy to leave it behind and just move on, I contemplated buying x5r at the time looks like I escaped that.
Whole thing is a mess
2016-9-16
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.4

Venezuela

I have the first Osmo and I'm disappointed about the non updating firmware policy that DJI took this year.
As Ken says they are making better products, so I guess I'll wait and wait until a product as Osmo (with the features we were waiting this year) come out. In the meantime it seems it is not the Osmo mobile or Osmo+
2016-9-16
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.4

Venezuela

By the way, sometime before I wrote this thread about ideas of new features some of us were waiting for the original Osmo.  http://forum.dji.com/thread-59487-1-1.html
2016-9-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The instant a company gets your money they forget about you
2016-9-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-9-17 12:26
The instant a company gets your money they forget about you

Well that's the way it feels, it would serve them better to look after customers who will remain with them, doing things this way should only lead to customers looking elsewhere for better service...
2016-9-17
Use props
BIGDZ
Captain
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-17 04:51
Well that's the way it feels, it would serve them better to look after customers who will remain w ...

THere lies the problem, there is no other company, that comes close to manufacturing the products DJI makes, and until then DJI will continue to do what they do....
2016-9-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-9-17 14:01
THere lies the problem, there is no other company, that comes close to manufacturing the products  ...

It will only take one serious thing to go wrong ant the arse will fall out of that company as seen with Samsung over the last couple of weeks, while they maybe the brand leader now there are many companies waiting in the long grass.
2016-9-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-17 07:51
Well that's the way it feels, it would serve them better to look after customers who will remain w ...

They don't though, people are born every day
2016-9-17
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

Those of you with the original Osmo's (like I am), do you guys still have your Osmo's or have gotten rid of them? I to like DJI products as I own the P3P but the Osmo worked great but had its issues. I still have mine.
2016-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RegDawg Posted at 2016-9-18 17:26
Those of you with the original Osmo's (like I am), do you guys still have your Osmo's or have gotten ...

I own a P4 and osmo ,I don't think it's worth the money to change, however I do think as a customer of dji if upgrades like active track motion time lapse and firmwear to iron out glitches are easily available then they should be released to all osmo users if osmo can't ever have these new features then dji should come out and say it. Yes they are great products
2016-9-18
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-19 00:43
I own a P4 and osmo ,I don't think it's worth the money to change, however I do think as a custome ...

Yeah I had debated about selling the Osmo and possibly trying the Osmo Mobile but I think I'll keep the Osmo. I already invested in to accessories for the Osmo that it would be a waste to me. Plus the X3 camera is probably better than the camera on my phone (Note 5).
2016-9-18
Use props
LenMiddx
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RegDawg Posted at 2016-9-18 17:26
Those of you with the original Osmo's (like I am), do you guys still have your Osmo's or have gotten ...

Yes, I'm still keeping mine.

I probably won't be buying another until the Osmo Mk III or Osmo Mk IV comes out, which will fix the problems with the original, and add some useful new features.

If you can work within it's restrictions, it's quite a useful supplementary camera.

However, by the time that Mk III/ Mk IV arrive in the marketplace, there's probably going to be some worthy competitors.
2016-9-19
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.4
United States

The gopro handle looks interesting. Just released today with the karma.
2016-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RegDawg Posted at 2016-9-20 04:06
The gopro handle looks interesting. Just released today with the karma.

Yes it looks very interesting , with the imminent release of the new dji mavic interesting times ahead hopefully there will be a good old scrap and customers will come out the right side of it..
2016-9-20
Use props
H DRONES
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Imo, i dont think dji forgot abt the original osmo, but if you monitor drones forums, they r full of drones lost because of compass failures ( of course thats an operator error ) but still dji fix them or send em new ones, let alone the never ending firmwares upgrades even for the phantom 3 which is almost 2 yrs old ? But i think dji chooses to compete in the drones industry and the osmo is just a bonus way to cover costs for the lost drones due to user error, else they wouldve atleast fixed the tilted horizon issue with the original osmo right ?

Anyways even dji moderators here dont know crap abt osmo tilted horizon its like they never used an osmo and some of them even litrally say that haha.

For everyone having the tilted horizon on the latest x3 firmware please try: when swtiching on if its tilted trible press for selfie mode and then double press , it always fixed my tilt
2016-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

H DRONES Posted at 2016-9-20 17:43
Imo, i dont think dji forgot abt the original osmo, but if you monitor drones forums, they r full of ...

I don't have a problem with tilted horizon, but I have spent a lot of money on osmo and accessories I would hate to think that dji only put out osmo to back up losses on phantom, osmo is less than one year old there are many glitches that still need to be sorted out with firmwear/softwear many people are disappointed by the lack of development for original osmo and rightly so,especially since they can go and develop 2 new items..
2016-9-20
Use props
J C D
lvl.3

Netherlands

DJI Ken, indeed, no one has forgotten about it how DJI let their first adopters left in the cold. I surely never buy anything from DJI ever. And the rubbish software it was released with. And users were beta testers, and one simple feature never made it to the app. THE ONLY REASON I BARELY USED THE OSMO! Yeah go ahead, and innovate!
2016-9-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-9 03:58
Hi DJI Ken
So often in your replies on this forum you quote Apple and how often they change there  ...

Older Apple iPhones become painfully slow with every new iOS update. So if you have an older tablet it's best to stay at a firmware update that works good for your device. In other words, don't update
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

RegDawg Posted at 2016-9-19 06:17
Yeah I had debated about selling the Osmo and possibly trying the Osmo Mobile but I think I'll kee ...

Batteries, tripod, extension pod, external battery charger, of Osmo can all be used on Osmo Mobile.

But I agree, it might be a good idea to just keep the Osmo.
2016-9-20
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.2

DJI Osmo Plus has to be the biggest piece of crap DJI have released, an absolute nightmare with so many issues, i was stuck as i couldnt return it to the shop as i bought it when travelling and now we are in a different region the only solution was for us to send it to China as even though there are repair centers here because we didnt buy it here it will not be fixed locally, horrible waste a money
2019-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules