Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Mobile and IPhone 6s PLUS Doesn't work well ?
2146032436 2146032436 2016-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jamesburchell Posted at 2016-9-18 17:50
To me this is an app issue as my phone records perfectly in 4K on the Osmo using the phones built  ...

Hi, that's an issue we'll solve shortly. It's obviously a software issue.  Thank you for using DJI product.
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

CiaranMcGrenera Posted at 2016-9-18 16:03
Ken- It seems very strange that you're going to such lengths to "prove" there isnt an issue when T ...

Acutally I was wrong, our R&D team first thought it was the OIS issue, it's more like a guess, after looking into the issue, they concluded that it's the design of Osmo Mobile, making the vertical vibration more obvious for heavier phones like 6sp.

So in a word, to have a video as smooth as that shot by 6s, which is not impossible as shown in Ken's video, 6sp users need to move more carefully.
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

CiaranMcGrenera Posted at 2016-9-19 04:03
Ken- It seems very strange that you're going to such lengths to "prove" there isnt an issue when T ...

I never said people weren't having an issue, I'm stating that you really need to learn the walking technique.
There are a bunch more tutorial videos on the Osmo Mobile, here's one on the walking technique.         
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVt8H2FOPaQ
My video looked pretty good for taking the dogs for a walk.
I just did another video at the beach today with my dogs and I used my Samsung S6 and my friends iPhone 6s Plus. Here's the Samsung video and when I see him again I will put his video onto my computer and make another video.
I was running down the beach and the Osmo stabilizes very well.

2016-9-18
Use props
Daley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197953 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-19 01:02
I never said people weren't having an issue, I'm stating that you really need to learn the walking  ...

DJI-Ken, What are your settings here? 4k 30 fps?  Also what is your shutter speed? Was that set manually or automatically?
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Daley Posted at 2016-9-19 22:15
DJI-Ken, What are your settings here? 4k 30 fps?  Also what is your shutter speed? Was that set ma ...

It's 1080 30FPS. It was set automatically.
2016-9-19
Use props
Guy S.
New

United States

New to the forums here. I ordered an iPhone 7+ 256 GB on its pre-order day, it's set to be here Friday Sept. 23, and my intention was to pair it with an Osmo Mobile. Prior to ordering the Osmo Mobile, I fortunately did some Googling and ended up here a few days ago, was just lurking and reading this particular discussion about the Osmo Mobile and how it's functioning when used with iPhone 6 and 7 (and the various plus models), phones with OIS (which Samsung S7 has OIS, too). I am intrigued, to say the least.

The footage DJI Ken just posted with the Osmo Mobile and Samsung S6 is, IMO, really nice footage for a gimbal and smartphone combo. I currently have a Samsung S6, which I had to pay off early in order to get the iPhone 7+ 256 GB. My dilemma is do I order the Osmo Mobile knowing that my Samsung S6 can, in theory, produce comparable footage to the footage DJI Ken just posted, or do I go with a Smooth II for the iPhone 7+ that I'll soon have? Frankly, after looking at the Smooth II and the Osmo Mobile, I prefer the Osmo Mobile because it just looks and would seem to "feel" better in the hand than the Smooth II.

To me, from what I have read here, DJI is trying to tackle the bobbing or stuttering effect problem. I can understand the frustration by many who paid for the Osmo Mobile and it's not producing reliably consistent video footage for them. The odd thing is that other users have posted footage on plus-size iPhones that seem to show only what I, and DJI Ken describe, as being a normal bobbing effect caused by walking normally rather than either a shuffling style of walk or a heel-to-toe "rocking walk" which is something that I use in my video shooting projects. You DO have to walk with intention to not walk at a normal walking rhythm when shooting handheld video, but I also will say that some of the footage that reportedly has "bobbing or stuttering" looks to be either improperly balancing of the gimbal and phone when in set-up OR it's from the phone and gimbal device just not sync'ing correctly in the DJI Go app. The latter, if true, is a real pickle because DJI might be inclined to say it's possibly a faulty iPhone situation...and iPhone will undoubtedly be inclined to say it's a DJI problem. When neither side can definitively say "We know what the REAL problem is" then to me smartphone companies and/or DJI can take the stance that they're not going to take the blame for something they can't prove is their fault or not. That's understandable if we look at this from an objective viewpoint, right? On to the next train of thought then...

POINT BLANK: To me, and this is just based on being new here (I have no personal bias toward or against any members here, since I'm obviously new here), but to me it seems like this could be a combination of the gimbal motors, the DJI Go app, AND a bit of user error when first balancing the phone and Osmo Mobile. Lastly, I do think it's possible that the weight of the plus size phones could be a real factor that adds to the problem in a big way. Personally, I would prefer it if DJI would--and maybe they do, I've not purchased a DJI product before--replace a returned Osmo Mobile to let the user see if it was a glitchy Osmo Mobile (be it in the gimbal motors, whatever). We KNOW Apple is not going to save us. But I think DJI could score points and probably retain disgruntled customers if they would offer a return and replacement so long as the customer pays for the new shipping. I have seen people in this thread say they will wait a few months until they can buy it at BestBuy so they can return it and not have to pay return shipping costs, which I'm sure is a perfectly well-reasoned stance for those people. I think that DJI is going to dutifully work on the issue and try to resolve it on their end and just move on with it--some are having the problems, some are not. It makes more sense for DJI to study and test, on their end, and to attempt to resolve it via updates to the Osmo/DJI Go app, and that's going to take time. The different lenses on the newer smart phones is probably another set of headaches for DJI to overcome. Yes, Filmic Pro can disable those, but No that's not a good solution because undoubtedly the reason I want an OM is for the DJI Go app's ability to do pan/tilt via its face tracking function AND for the time laps feature that requires the DJI Go app. Without the DJI Go app, it's simply a standard gimbal and you then have to use Filmic Pro to even get the image stabilization of the phone turned off. That's not an optimal solution.

This is why I am holding off on purchasing an Osmo Mobile. If I ordered an iPhone 7+ 256 GB, a near $1,000 phone, I'm not paying another penny for a gimbal for it unless and until I can know that I won't become a disgruntled person here on the forums...just waiting and waiting, and hoping and hoping, that DJI will get it figured out and will be able to send Osmo Mobile users the fix for the supposed problem(s). That frustration is mine to deal with, so I'm not attacking DJI at all, just saying that this thread has been very useful for my research prior to making a purchasing decision on it or the Smooth II.

Things I LOVE about the Osmo Mobile:

1. Face-tracking. It's real slick to be able to set up the phone and Osmo Mobile to basically pan and tilt on its own. It gives a one-man user the ability to simply use his/her smartphone on-the-go and make things look like someone was performing all those pans and tilts.

2. The way the handle/wand looks and feels. It looks as if it is a great fit in the hand, well styled, and the button layouts seem very intuitive compared to the Smooth II.

3. Time lapse. If it works as advertised, and I saw a rooftop time lapse in this thread earlier on...then that's a real cool feature for the Osmo Mobile.

Things I don't like about the Osmo Mobile:

1. Too many user complaints regarding the interaction between the DJI Go app, the motors, and the phones that some are having difficulty with in terms of producing reliably stable footage. Normal "human walking rhythm" aside, there is definitely some stuttering of footage and users saying they feel they balanced the phone properly and still they couldn't get reliably stable footage on a consistent basis. If the DJI Go app and/or the motors and the phones in plus sizes are all playing a role--to whatever degree--then you can kiss goodbye the face tracking and probably even the time lapse features, as well. And that's a shame because those are the two main features that I think people want in the Osmo Mobile, aside from the obvious use of it as a steady cam for run-and-gun etc.

2. The "we're working on it" responses, by DJI staff, within this thread. I get it, I really do: DJI is actually working on it, and it's good that at least a DJI rep is on here to let us know they're working on it. However, for the price point, the hype, and how people are purchasing smart phones of a level of functionality that they imagined they'd pair with the Osmo Mobile, to me I'm a little bummed that the Osmo Mobile has this many people on the forums all saying that their experience has not been phenomenal from a right-out-of-the-box standpoint. It's disconcerting and has prevented me from purchasing one yet, and I might add that I'm also feeling Buyer's Remorse on the iPhone 7+ now. I could have stuck with my Samsung S6 instead, and I might just do that if DJI cannot remedy the situation or figure out the root cause soon. I can't wait on a smart phone steady cam forever, and so I've begun researching the Smooth II with greater intensity now.

My question for all of you: Is it worth waiting it out, for DJI, or is the Smooth II something to throw money at? I actually think DJI is going to conquer this problem, i really do. I just don't know how long it will take. I wonder what you all think about the Smooth II, if it's worth the near-similar price point as an Osmo Mobile or if it's inferior enough to the OM that it's worth sticking it out with DJI to wait on them to remedy or to show what they think is the root cause of why so many OM users are having shaky/stuttering footage on the newer smart phones.
2016-9-20
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-9 10:36
I agree and I was asking for a side by side comparison.
That's why I posted the video on correct w ...

Which do you use?

I am going crazy trying to decide whether I want another OSMO+ of if I should get the OSMO Mobile but I will have the iPhone 7 and if I can't turn off OIS then whats the point?

Maybe I'll get the Edge. Can the edge turn stabilization off?

I also want the ability to turn put the X5R on it.

So what actually looks better, honestly?  The X3 Osmo or the iPhone 6s footage?  I am not bothered by the difference in price, I want the more useful to me one. I like the active tracking and not exactly sure why it's not on the OSMO+.  Can you tell me Ken why they would have such a rich feature that I personally love and have it on the P4 and not the OSMO?  It is almost like it should be made for the OSMO over the P4.  Autoframe by AutoPilot has a tracker in it but I like using the GoApp.

Please advise.  I love the Osmo choices but it has created a bit of consumer cannabilism and confusion but I understand that the OSMO Mobile has the possibility of being DJI's best seller. I would not be surprised if it all starts working well.

Thanks.

Adam
2016-9-20
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

jamesburchell Posted at 2016-9-10 04:59
Just found this too
http://myfirstdrone.com/osmo/5-reasons-why-the-iphone-7-plus-and-dji-osmo-are-pe ...

I find his information to be as useful or less so than anything we have to say here.  In fact, I trust what the people here say over the well written Korey.

He has a nice site and always tends to it but I don't consider him a genius of photography by any stretch.
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Guy S. Posted at 2016-9-21 01:35
New to the forums here. I ordered an iPhone 7+ 256 GB on its pre-order day, it's set to be here Frid ...

My belief is it all comes down to the weight of the larger phone and you have to use the Ninja walking technique more than you would with a lighter phone.
I showed the walking with the 6s Plus and it was decent. But the running down the beach with my Samsung S6 was amazing stability.

And you have to be perfectly balanced for the best results.
Some users are too quick and open the box and stick their phone in and do a normal walk and complain. It's a learning curve and you need to learn the balancing and the walk.

Buy it and if it's not up to your standards then return it, you get 7 days.
But as a note to the new users, take many hours learning the walk and you'll get good results.
2016-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-9-20 20:00
I find his information to be as useful or less so than anything we have to say here.  In fact, I t ...

I think one thing people need to remember is with all the glitches and problems with osmo original dji have shown  they are not prepared to sort out these issues with either softwear or firmwear upgrades osmo is less than a year old and seems to be put to the end of the queue , I can see similar glitches and problems arising with new mobile and osmo+ , I also here the exact same promises coming from facilitators here on this forum like dji will sort it dji will release new bug fix dji will release new softwear and dji will release new firmwear ,all veiled promises with no substance,
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-9-21 02:49
Which do you use?

I am going crazy trying to decide whether I want another OSMO+ of if I should g ...

That's the beauty of having 3 different Osmo's.
There's one for every type of user.
I yuo think you eventually want to use the X5 or X5R then you sound like the tpye of person that wouldn't want the Mobile. You should get the Z3 if you want zoom and when your ready you can but the X5 or X5R/adapter plate and your ready to go.

Also something to think about, I have a lot of texts and calls during the day. There has been several times where I looked funny holding a gimbal on the side of my head because of a call I needed to take.
If you use a phone a lot and it's the only phone you have you may want the regular Osmo. Especially if you like doing Timelapse's, if you do an hour timelapse, your phone is unavailable.
But for $300, the Osmo Mobile is an incredible stabilized gimbal.
Just my 2 cents.
2016-9-20
Use props
wunhotttuna
New

United States

A foo foo coffee at Starbucks can set you back five bucks and a DJI Mobil Osmo is $300. No one bitches about all the junk ingredients or high price of their coffee, but everyone wants NASA technology for a system that costs almost half of the smart phone they choose, and then expects software engineers to come along and "fix" a problem that has little to do with the product. You want a steady cam, or a Ronin, be prepared to shell out some serious money. You want to put an anchor on a gimbal designed for a heavy feather, don't be surprised if it doesn't play well... Minimize the problem by learning the walk, accepting there are limitations, and have some fun. Your videos are much improved over Go pro, and the options are worth the price of admission! All this banter about poor customer service does not play with my personal experience of DJI products, build, or customer service. DJI reps have been consistently patient with customers rants, and ha ve shown themselves to be very polite and helpful. give them a break!
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

wunhotttuna Posted at 2016-9-21 04:01
A foo foo coffee at Starbucks can set you back five bucks and a DJI Mobil Osmo is $300. No one bitch ...

It's pretty incredible that for $300 and your phone you can get stable footage that may have cost thousands of dollars years back.
If someone wants feature movie quality video, you need a Ronin-MX (a seal at $1,600) and a 25-50k camera.
And for $4,500 more (again a steal) you can get the DJI M600 aircraft and attach your Ronin-MX and get movie quality aerial video.
None of this was available years ago at this price point.
You would never believe 10 years ago that you would be able to fly a DJI Phantom and get incredible stable 4k footage. Drones and these stabilized gimbals are absolute incredible technology marvels. New user expectations are incredibly high.
2016-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-20 22:07
It's pretty incredible that for $300 and your phone you can get stable footage that may have cost  ...

Maybe wait another 10 years they'll be giving them away lol, your right €325 is great value but when cars were only made in black colour we had a lot less hassle trying to choose and when you do you always think the grass is greener on the other side. First Sony handycam bought 27 years H8 paid £599 Irish pounds €710 I saved so hard for that..
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-21 05:48
Maybe wait another 10 years they'll be giving them away lol, your right €325 is great value but w ...

That's for sure, technology is amazing.
2016-9-20
Use props
Guy S.
New

United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-9-20 14:00
I find his information to be as useful or less so than anything we have to say here.  In fact, I t ...

I read that article a few days before it was posted here, as it was one of the first articles I read when conducting my search to arm myself with as much information as I could on the Osmo Mobile. The article is severely lacking in the area of critical information for making an Osmo Mobile purchase. I pretty much brushed it aside as being an article that could have been so much more but was a bit lacking for a few reasons.

The forums here have been, far and away, the best resource for useful information. I have read it daily for the past several days, and often come back multiple times each day to check in on any new information and footage that others have been posting here.

YouTube has had a few recently posted videos that feature the Osmo Mobile, too.
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

It’s a fact that the Osmo Mobile does an excellent job stabilizing on three axes, just like the Osmo. Unlike the Osmo, there is not currently a Z-Axis stabilizer for the Osmo Mobile. To be clear, there is no hardware, software or firmware issue with the Osmo Mobile.

To ensure stable video on the fourth, or Z, axis, we recommend Osmo Mobile users smooth out their gait while shooting to minimize vertical movement. We have links to training and how-to videos, should customers need more detailed guidance.

2016-9-20
Use props
jamesburchell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31621 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's great at stabilising, but when the associated app cannot record 4K without stuttering, all the fancy tracking features are worthless.
Without the app, it's just a stabiliser.
2016-9-20
Use props
mni
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-21 05:11
It’s a fact that the Osmo Mobile does an excellent job stabilizing on three axes, just like the Osm ...

Dji-Thor,

You say there is no software issue?
I read every post here because i pre-ordered a Osmo Mobile too. I understand all the posts about the walking and maybe you are right. To use vertical movement you must walk like a ninja. That doesn't bother me the most. The jitter when panning the device! That is awful. In some previous post someone mentioned that the standard camera app record the panning smoothly and via the DJI Go app the panning gives stuttering.
Look at this one at 40 seconds when panning :
Thats for me the big issue.
So, is this software issue in the DJI Go App being investigated right now???
Because the stuttering in the recorded panning video is a reason for me to return the device right away when it arrives...
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

jamesburchell Posted at 2016-9-21 15:03
It's great at stabilising, but when the associated app cannot record 4K without stuttering, all the  ...

Hi, we're working on this issue, it has a high priority and is expected to be solved soon.
2016-9-21
Use props
userd7bc3c4c37
lvl.1

Australia

I know this is a DJI forum, but I can't help suggesting those iPhone plus users to better go for Zhiyun Smooth II.  From the many YouTube reviews and sample videos, Smooth II seems to handle iPhone pluses much smoother.  

If I have a non plus iPhone, I will definitely go for DJI OSMO Mobile.   

2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

userd7bc3c4c37 Posted at 2016-9-21 22:21
I know this is a DJI forum, but I can't help suggesting those iPhone plus users to better go for Zhi ...

This is using a iPhone 6s Plus, you can get stable video. It's the walking technique that users must learn. Since the phone is heavier, you need to use the technique more.

2016-9-21
Use props
chadbello619
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1939117 ft
Ireland

So another thing I noticed is that iOS has an issue with uploading 4K video to YouTube and sometimes 1080p video. I have to transfer the video to my computer via Airdrop and upload it that way. I know this isn't a DJI issue but I didn't know it until I tried to upload a video recorded with the GO APP and the resolution in YouTube wasn't taking. At first I thought it was another issue with DJI GO APP but its an issue with Apple and YouTube.

I would also like the ability to shoot RAW photos from the DJI GO app. We are able to do this with drones so hopefully this will be coming for the OSMO. Apple does provide this capability in iOS 10 now. I have been shooting RAW with the Lightroom mobile app and it works great.
2016-9-21
Use props
AKloaWV8CTgM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1630453 ft
Germany

Meanwhile I have received my Osmo Mobile using an iPhone6s+ The first test are positive however I haven't checked the performance while walking yet. I've used Filmic pro in order to disable the OIS of the phone. Filmics support for the Osmo is cool. But jeez bith apps Filmic and the DJI drain my battery rapidly. Disabling cellular and wifi helps a bit but not much.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

AKloaWV8CTgM Posted at 2016-9-22 01:56
Meanwhile I have received my Osmo Mobile using an iPhone6s+ The first test are positive however I ha ...

Try with the GO app and practice the Ninja walk, you can get stable footage from it. With the GO app you can use cool features like motion Timelapse and Active Track.
2016-9-21
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-22 02:35
Try with the GO app and practice the Ninja walk, you can get stable footage from it. With the GO a ...

I will once my phone battery has recharged
2016-9-21
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-9-11 05:31
Well then maybe you didn't walk, move or run, or maybe wobbly footage is your definition of fine.
: ...

Mine 6+ works fine with the OSMO Mobile. I agree, it's the walk. Walk like John Cleese.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Marco Cantieni Posted at 2016-9-22 03:37
I will once my phone battery has recharged

Yes, I have a Samsung s6 that's over a year old and my battery barely lasts a day anyways.
It lasted less using the Osmo.
2016-9-21
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-22 04:06
Yes, I have a Samsung s6 that's over a year old and my battery barely lasts a day anyways.
It last ...

I guess then you guys know what to develop next. The DJI Osmo Mobile Power. A gimbal that supports to power the phone from the battery (or ext. battery) in the handle. And of course Z-axis compensation too
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Marco Cantieni Posted at 2016-9-22 10:02
I guess then you guys know what to develop next. The DJI Osmo Mobile Power. A gimbal that supports ...

Great ideas
2016-9-21
Use props
Slug69
New

Australia

It is amazing how high our expectations are. For $300 it's a pretty amazing device. I received mine today and very happy with it. Sorting out these issues, and 60fps for Android users would make it a stellar device.
2016-9-22
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Slug69 Posted at 2016-9-22 19:27
It is amazing how high our expectations are. For $300 it's a pretty amazing device. I received mine  ...

These should have been sorted out before they push the product to customers. This is my 3rd DJI Product (Ronin, Osmo and now Osmo mobile) and each and every single time customers receive products that are not fully functional and have to wait month before being able to get what they where sold.

Granted these are cool products, but they should really be a little bit more serious when pushing things.
2016-9-22
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2

TokyoStreetView Posted at 2016-9-22 20:06
These should have been sorted out before they push the product to customers. This is my 3rd DJI Pro ...

Today I took my Osmo Mobile with my iPhone 6SPlus to the river. Before shooting I balanced the gimbal and calibrated the gimbal too.

As you can see clearly there is some high frequency shake in the entire video. I haven't experienced this in my indoor testshots. It was not windy at the scene. Any idea what might have caused this?

You also might recognize the odd sound in the video which is not coming from the boat bit from the gimbal motors see this threat
2016-9-24
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2

Marco Cantieni Posted at 2016-9-25 05:23
Today I took my Osmo Mobile with my iPhone 6SPlus to the river. Before shooting I balanced the gim ...

After the shaky trials I gave the setuop Osmo Mobile and iPhone 6S Plus another try. I medicously balanced the phone (well full to the right since the 6S plus is heavy) and I also calibrated the gimbal. All on site 1 minute before shooting.
2016-9-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Marco Cantieni Posted at 2016-9-24 17:23
Today I took my Osmo Mobile with my iPhone 6SPlus to the river. Before shooting I balanced the gim ...

Did you shoot in 1080P or 4K? There's some issue with 4K shooting in iPhone.
2016-9-26
Use props
AKloaWV8CTgM
lvl.2
Germany

I shot it 1080p 60fps
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

That's strange as you can see from my video with the 6sPLus and walking ans it's pretty stable.
does the balance come out perfectly and the phone slowly goes back to level? And you don't have a case on the phone right?
2016-9-26
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-26 23:54
That's strange as you can see from my video with the 6sPLus and walking ans it's pretty stable.
do ...

Ballancing is perfect. I even has shaked the whole thing (turned off) a bit so see if it tends to one side or another. I haven't used a case. What would that make for a difference anyways? Would really good to know. I don't feel well with my precious phone exposed naked to the wild ;-).
I have held the Osmo with my right hand and panned from left to right while standing still. I did not used the "joystick" for panning instead I simply turned the whole thing and ejoyed how smoothly the gimbal did follow my movement. I also recognized my shaky hand. But that is what the Osmo should compensate.

I'm planning to perform a test comparing panning with the joystick versus turning the grip. Maybe this is making any difference and you guys got a hint what is causing this.
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Marco Cantieni Posted at 2016-9-27 02:48
Ballancing is perfect. I even has shaked the whole thing (turned off) a bit so see if it tends to o ...

If your perfectly balanced, then maybe your hand is shaking some. If not then it may be something with the Osmo. If it does not function properly and you know you are doing everything right then contact support about returning/exchanging it.
And if your case was think than maybe it could throw off the tilt balance, but if it doesn't fall forward or back then it's balanced.
2016-9-26
Use props
AKloaWV8CTgM
lvl.2

Shaking hands: Is this not supposed to be fully compensated by the Osmo?

Case: I have a very thin case and was able to ballance successfully. I haven't done any shots yet with the case on
2016-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules