Phantom 4 Remote controller charging port rubber plug
7735 35 2016-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imovetheearth48
lvl.3
United States

I had to use "DJI Care" On a minor issue and thought I would share...... The rubber plug that covers the charging port on the remote controller for my P4 comes loose and sometimes falls out. I contacted product support and a claim has been issued. What I had to send them were pics of my issue, proof of purchase, SN etc. I found their responses to my issue very prompt, as they gave me specific instructions as to what they needed. I am now waiting for a new plug for the charging port. Has anyone else had issues with the rubber plug?
[attachimg]28836
RC Plug.jpg
2016-9-8
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Have fun getting it back in. Mine came out twice too, perhaps DJI should be including or mailing a spare for us!

I assumed I'd been leaving it open when putting it into the case for transport, but when it happened the second time...

Anyway, mine now seems pretty secure, but was awkward to push back in!
2016-9-8
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

It looks like after charging your controller you put it back into the foam case and forgot to re-insert the rubber plug.....that'll tear it off every time. Hardly a valid claim under DJI care.
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are about 20 RC's here that get handled many many time a day and I've also had several RC's at home for over a year and I have never seen a plug come out. If you pull too hard when removing the plug from the charge socket is the only way I can see the plug coming out.
2016-9-8
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-8 18:45
There are about 20 RC's here that get handled many many time a day and I've also had several RC's at ...

Ken
The reason for my post is I did exactly the same thing this morning. After charging, I pushed the transmitter back into it's slot in the case and was puzzled as to why it wouldn't just slip in as it normally does. I pulled it back out and found the rubber plug had not been re-inserted, my fault entirely. If you look at the photo above, you will see that the spigot which normally has a little collar at aprox half it's length has literally been torn in half.
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

airobotix Posted at 2016-9-9 01:54
Ken
The reason for my post is I did exactly the same thing this morning. After charging, I pushed  ...

Ok, now I see how it can be torn off that way. I just didn't see how it can break off just by opening the plug.
You can contact support to see if they can send you another one but I'm not sure they will.
I would just place it in the aircraft case whenever you charge the RC so it doesn't get lost.
2016-9-8
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-8 19:01
Ok, now I see how it can be torn off that way. I just didn't see how it can break off just by open ...

Hey Ken
My plug's spigot didn't break, I was referring to the original poster of this topic!
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

airobotix Posted at 2016-9-9 02:17
Hey Ken
My plug's spigot didn't break, I was referring to the original poster of this topic!

Ok, then hope the OP reads this post.
2016-9-8
Use props
TheodoreRex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 686975 ft
United States

DJI KEN Said:    "There are about 20 RC's here that get handled many many time a day and I've also had several RC's at home for over a year and I have never seen a plug come out."

My rubber pluggy lasted two charges.. then disappeared.   Not only is it EASY to pull out, it's HARD not to have it come out.  After a few attempts, I just live with it out.  I think it's now somewhere in the bottom of my carry case.
If many people are noticing this... and I didn't complain because it was so easily knocked out that I assumed everyone had this problem... then it's a Factory problem... someone isn't inserting the holder to the proper depth...  the Quality Control (QC) has to measure this variable for anyone to even know there is a problem.  DJI reads these posts... send a memo back to the Factory to check on this... seriously, mine didn't make it to the 2nd day of ownership...
2016-9-8
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

same Happens with me that rubber is also broke from my remote
2016-9-8
Use props
imovetheearth48
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-8 13:45
There are about 20 RC's here that get handled many many time a day and I've also had several RC's at ...

I'm not totally sure as to when it tore off, but noticed it when I removed the P4 from the case. It may not have been completely seated when I put it in the case or when I removed it. That's the only explanation I have. That plug is there for a reason and I would rather have it secured than not.
2016-9-8
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Mine broke to, but not worried about it, it pushes back in and stays there no problem, I think what I did to break it was I remove the plug from the charging port and turned it 90deg's to get it out of the way this is what caused it to eventually break (it has broken the little pointy bit off), maybe what should be done is, remove the plug from the port and just lift it up out of the way.
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

imovetheearth48 Posted at 2016-9-9 07:46
I'm not totally sure as to when it tore off, but noticed it when I removed the P4 from the case. I ...

I'm sure that's how it happened, maybe it wasn't fully seated and it caught on the case insert when pushing the RC down into the slot.Anyways, the plug should still fully seat in and not come out until you remove it.
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-9-9 08:09
Mine broke to, but not worried about it, it pushes back in and stays there no problem, I think what  ...

That's what I would say, just use it like that.
2016-9-8
Use props
dgriffnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

airobotix Posted at 2016-9-9 05:44
It looks like after charging your controller you put it back into the foam case and forgot to re-ins ...

This...done it myself
2016-9-9
Use props
timmer1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30502 ft

I lost my plug shortly after purchasing my P3P and have been using earplugs to cover it.

2016-9-9
Use props
jwt873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

That's a novel approach

I've had no issues at all with mine.  But I can see how inserting the remote into the case might rip it off if not seated fully.  It's something I'll be paying attention to.

Is the plug really needed?   The RC isn't waterproof, so it seems to me that it's only there for cosmetic purposes.  By covering the hole, it makes the side of the RC smoother looking.
2016-9-9
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Mine got lost a week after I started used it.  It's being going outside like that naked, but I am now considering putting some rubber plug over it, to make sureit does not catch anything.
2016-9-9
Use props
imovetheearth48
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-8 14:01
Ok, now I see how it can be torn off that way. I just didn't see how it can break off just by open ...

Update on rubber plug for charging port on RC.........With the DJI Care that I purchased with my P4, DJI replaced the plug. It took a few weeks to receive it, but now the new plug is in place. I now make sure the plug is fully seated when the RC goes back in the case.
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

imovetheearth48 Posted at 2016-10-14 05:05
Update on rubber plug for charging port on RC.........With the DJI Care that I purchased with my P ...

That's awesome, thanks for posting.
2016-10-13
Use props
wcharwood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484652 ft
United States

imovetheearth48 Posted at 2016-10-14 05:05
Update on rubber plug for charging port on RC.........With the DJI Care that I purchased with my P ...

Mine broke off the same day. I also thought it would turn out of the way and it snapped right off. I was not forcing anything and just trying to move it out of the way while I was plugging in the charging cable. I all  also have DJ eyecare and will attempt to submit the repair under my $299 DJI care plan
2016-10-13
Use props
PKPhantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275276 ft
United States

Older post, I know, but mine barely broke off. It's a 2 weeks old bird. Is there an easy way to get a replacement?
2017-3-1
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
Hong Kong

My rubber plug cakes off too. But the service here in China just send 2 new.easy. thanks DJI
2017-3-2
Use props
paul-h
lvl.2
Flight distance : 400817 ft
United Kingdom

The plugs are easy to put back in if you use a small pointed stick or toothpick to gradually feed the tapered bung into the hole.
2017-3-3
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

It happened to me a couple of yeras ago on a P3.  Now I am really careful putting it into and taking it out of the carrying case.  It's a tight fit and the plug can get snagged and torn off easily.  I wish DJI had a parts department where you could order any part you needed but they don't.
2017-3-3
Use props
Phantom Master
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1554892 ft
  • >>>
United States

airobotix Posted at 2016-9-8 09:44
It looks like after charging your controller you put it back into the foam case and forgot to re-insert the rubber plug.....that'll tear it off every time. Hardly a valid claim under DJI care.

Do you work for DJI? It's amazing that you can tell (by looking at a photograph) that it came off because it was inserted into the case when the rubber plug wasn't inserted. It's a very possible scenario, but an assumption at best.  DJI considered it a "valid claim" (though I wouldn't waist my DJI "refresh" option for such a small claim), so clearly your comment isn't helpful or accurate. If you're going to offer your unwanted opinions, I suggest you do so after you rack up a flight distance of over 1,000,000. Comments such as yours provide no actual value to the person who asked the question, so I would consider it to be in the category of trolling, not helping.
2017-5-19
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Phantom Master Posted at 2017-5-19 17:27
Do you work for DJI? It's amazing that you can tell (by looking at a photograph) that it came off because it was inserted into the case when the rubber plug wasn't inserted. It's a very possible scenario, but an assumption at best.  DJI considered it a "valid claim" (though I wouldn't waist my DJI "refresh" option for such a small claim), so clearly your comment isn't helpful or accurate. If you're going to offer your unwanted opinions, I suggest you do so after you rack up a flight distance of over 1,000,000. Comments such as yours provide no actual value to the person who asked the question, so I would consider it to be in the category of trolling, not helping.

Wow! Who rattled your cage? My post was simply expressing my opinion based on factual experience, and furthermore, I stated that it "looked like". I think you need to take a chill pill before you throw your toys out of your pram again.
2017-5-20
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Did they give you a part number of this plug on the emails or paperwork? I want to order 2 or 3 spares and DJI wants me to send the RC's back for plug repair.That's too funny like that is going to ever happen.
2018-1-23
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Few times mine has come out, rubber *not* broken. First time I *assumed* maybe I didn't have it pushed all the way home when putting into case.

Subsequently I check every time and it's still happened on occasion. It appears to simply fall out.

Weird thing is it ain't broken and is an absolute pain to get back in there so how it falls out I have no idea, it's tight and can't be *pulled* or even wiggled out.. some kind of Chinese puzzle I reckons ;)
2018-1-24
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

airobotix Posted at 2016-9-8 09:44

Guilty as charged.

I've tried to think of a way to repair it, but I'm finding that it stays in there just fine. I doubt I'll bother contacting DJI about it.

Jeff
2018-1-25
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

calls4u2 Posted at 2018-1-24 22:20
Few times mine has come out, rubber *not* broken. First time I *assumed* maybe I didn't have it pushed all the way home when putting into case.

Subsequently I check every time and it's still happened on occasion. It appears to simply fall out.

Mine hasn't fallen out since I got the new one. Make sure when you put the remote back in the original Styrofoam case that the plug is fully seated in the remote or it will be dislodged again.
2018-1-25
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

BigBlueTsunami Posted at 2018-1-25 02:21
Guilty as charged.

I've tried to think of a way to repair it, but I'm finding that it stays in there just fine. I doubt I'll bother contacting DJI about it.

Been there done that, didn't know it was that common to make that mistake.
2018-1-25
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-25 04:25
Been there done that, didn't know it was that common to make that mistake.

Does it stay in the port for you?

Jeff
2018-1-25
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

BigBlueTsunami Posted at 2018-1-25 09:14
Does it stay in the port for you?

Jeff

I could put it on the plug and it stayed but i think the little piece holding it on the RC broke so when charging it was put on table beside the RC.
I know has another RC due to it was replaced by DJI when the whole set of equipment was sent to rep due to the FW issues beginning during last summer.
2018-1-25
Use props
fans4a5c22d3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1494744 ft
United Kingdom

Haha. Mine broke too with puting it in the case. I tried to fish out the wee tapered rubber bit that broke off and it disappeared in to the remote.
2021-8-12
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

The plug came out on every controller I have, and not because it was mishandled. So a dollop of glue and push it back in and there they have stayed ever since.
2021-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules