12Next >
2500 40 2016-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223684 ft
Sweden

Galaxy Tab A ... the thing is that I had ZERO lag previpusly. Then had a severe crash and sent it in for repair. Since then unflyable lag!  Sooooo I got in touch with DJI and they said send it in. So I did .. got it back yesterday and same lag as before. Repeat: I had zero lag initially. Very stessful!  I've tried several other devices with same lag!
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Gerrie Warner, sorry to hear about that.
May I know your aircraft model? please cool your devices down and turn off all other background programs before flight, you could have a try with an IOS device, and turn on "Hardware decoding", or delete APP then install it again.
You fly it in an open place without interference around, right?
Still same case, please make a video for us, thanks.
2016-9-9
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-10 08:34
May I know your aircraft model? please cool your dev ...

Thanks for a reply!!  Phantom 3 Advanced. I'll try to get another device but as I said I had NO laging before the repair with the exact same set up ... so I really don't know what or where the problem is.  I tried my HTC mobile phone with the same results.   I'll try to get another device in order to test as you suggest. It would be disater if I need to buy another tablet just to be able to use the drone!!  I made a video and sent it in but they just said send in the aircraft and I did. Got it back quickly but with no improvent at all!!.  But I can make a new one if  you like and even a video of me making the video so you can see the laging!!  Hahahah!!
2016-9-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-9-12 11:59
Thanks for a reply!!  Phantom 3 Advanced. I'll try to get another device but as I said I had NO lag ...

Hello Gerrie, I really understand your feeling and want to help you out.
You could use your friend's mobile device to have a test firstly. HTC mobile is not DJI recommended device.
To guarantee the performance, it's better test it with our recommended devices, thanks.
2016-9-11
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

With the power off on the P3, Disconnect the ribbon cables going to the camera, there are two. Wait about 60 seconds or so and plug them back in. Power it up. That should fix it. Common problem.
2016-9-11
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

04red6 Posted at 2016-9-12 06:13
With the power off on the P3, Disconnect the ribbon cables going to the camera, there are two. Wait  ...

yes, I tried that also!!!
2016-9-11
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-12 06:05
Hello Gerrie, I really understand your feeling and want to help you out.
You could use your friend ...

Yes, I know my HTC isn't on the list! -  but it, as well as my Galaxy Tab A were BOTH working without lag before  the repair!!  
2016-9-11
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-10 08:34
May I know your aircraft model? please cool your dev ...

Ok, I've made three videos. One I am filming the screen and the drone at the same time with another camera.    And recording on the drone at the same time and place. The second video has also a sequence I took yesterday way out in the open with no interfiences. So where do I send the videos and how big of files can they be?  I will put them up on my youtube channel //  https://www.youtube.com/user/Garo48
2016-9-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-9-12 13:51
Ok, I've made three videos. One I am filming the screen and the drone at the same time with anothe ...

Hi Gerrie, please upload to Youtube, and we will look into it, thanks.
2016-9-11
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-12 08:08

OK, thanks so much!!!!
2016-9-11
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-12 08:08

and   
2016-9-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello Gerrie, You tried IOS device which is in the recommended list as well? Since you have done all basic troubleshooting, you need send aircraft and remote in to service center for further analysis and fixing. I feel so sorry for inconvenience caused. You could get in touch with our tech support at support.eu@dji.com
2016-9-11
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-12 08:44
Hello Gerrie, You tried IOS device which is in the recommended list as well? Since you have done all ...

But I just got it back from the repair like three days ago!  And the laging was the same as before!!   I'll try to get another device later today. But the question is what happened that the first repair would cause the laging?
2016-9-11
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-9-12 08:47
But I just got it back from the repair like three days ago!  And the laging was the same as before ...

Which Galaxy Tablets are on the list?
2016-9-11
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-9-12 09:05
Which Galaxy Tablets are on the list?

I see that my device is in fact on this list!!!  http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -with-dji-go.48525/
2016-9-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-9-12 15:25
I see that my device is in fact on this list!!!  http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/tablets-and- ...

Hi Gerrie, you could check list on our website: http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-adv/info#specs
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3
2016-9-12
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-12 11:11
Hi Gerrie, you could check list on our website: http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-adv/info#specs
Androi ...

As I mentioned: 1. My device IS on the list!!    2. It wasn't laging AT ALL before the repair!!  What should I be looking for on the link you sent?  Also I have a bad mobile phone (HTC) that ISN'T on the list and was working just great with no lag before the repair. Now lags as much as the Galaxy Tab.
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-9-12 17:39
As I mentioned: 1. My device IS on the list!!    2. It wasn't laging AT ALL before the repair!!  Wh ...

Hi Gerrie, the link I sent is for recommended devices list on DJI website. Really sorry for your unpleasant experience, since you have done all basic troubleshooting, it needs to be send in to our service center for further analysis and fixing.BTW, may I have your previous case number? I'll help you look into it. Thanks
2016-9-12
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-12 11:48
Hi Gerrie, the link I sent is for recommended devices list on DJI website. Really sorry for your u ...

I just got it back from DJI for this very reason and the trouble was not resolved!!
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-9-12 17:53
I just got it back from DJI for this very reason and the trouble was not resolved!!

Hi Gerrie, we will help you look into this case, sorry again for the inconvenience caused, thank you for your understanding.
2016-9-12
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-12 13:43
Hi Gerrie, we will help you look into this case, sorry again for the inconvenience caused, thank y ...

Now I have been able to test the drone on another, better Samsung tablett.   He has the same drone  ... with no lag at all!!  ... But with my drone we get the excact same laging!   I would prefer to get a whole new replacement drone since this one doesn't seem to want  to cooperate   Would that be possable do you think? I've spent many hours trying to resolve this problem and I have three assignments waiting for me to complete!
2016-9-12
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-9-12 17:39
As I mentioned: 1. My device IS on the list!!    2. It wasn't laging AT ALL before the repair!!  Wh ...

Gerrie,
The Tab A isn't on the list that I see. The 705C stated that is on the list is a Tab S. That said, I personally wasn't happy with the performance of the Samsung tablets I tried, and I think the main reason is indeed the hardware decoding isn't present for them as it is on the IOS devices.
2016-9-12
Use props
gmccurdy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-12 17:11
Androi ...

To DJI Natalia,  just an fyi.

I have a Samsung S6 'Edge' and it lags.  I gave up on Samsung and went to the Apple iPad Air 2 since it seemed to have better reviews in general.  Doing so stopped my lag issues.

I don't know if Samsung locked in some extra programs that are unable to be removed between the S6 and S5 models, but I am suspect as the S6 Edge auto-loads too much in the background.  Could be the S6 Edge model uses the curved side-screen as another running background app since the curved screen shows other apps on the side of it where the S6 non-Edge model doesn't.

Could be the issue with the S7 that seems to have issues with DJI Go too if Samsung has locked more apps into it as well.  I see issues with Samsung Pay popping up at times and some Samsung apps will update even though I am not in Google Play to do so.  Stuff just pops up and runs by itself.  Really is an annoying Android OS setup Samsung has done, plus the carriers adding their stuff too.

As to my Samsung tablet, if it has been left on overnight (falling asleep!), by the AM the screen takes about 5 seconds for any button press to respond.  Cure is to re-boot to get back a faster screen response.  Likely too many backgorund apps self-starting and running and tying down resources.  No wonder the Android guy's root their devices for a cleaner running OS.

2016-9-12
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

gmccurdy@att.ne Posted at 2016-9-12 17:02
To DJI Natalia,  just an fyi.

I have a Samsung S6 'Edge' and it lags.  I gave up on Samsung and we ...

A freind just came over and he has the same drone but a better Samsung Tab S4 SMT530 .. He has ZERO lag on his drone and we got the same laging results on mine s it's not the device per sig as far as I can determine! But I will be trying other devices in the mean time.
2016-9-12
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-9-12 23:39
A freind just came over and he has the same drone but a better Samsung Tab S4 SMT530 .. He has ZER ...

That's a Tab 4, not a S4, and still not on the accepted list. Just saying :-)
2016-9-12
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

roger.crawford Posted at 2016-9-12 18:16
That's a Tab 4, not a S4, and still not on the accepted list. Just saying :-)

yeah, It's a bit confusing because he flys regularly and no lag at al - list or no list  :-)  I have a very basic HTC Android phone that is not on the list either and it didn't lag at all until I had the repair and now every device lags with my drone. I'm at a loss to understand what's going on.
2016-9-12
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-9-12 16:39
A freind just came over and he has the same drone but a better Samsung Tab S4 SMT530 .. He has ZER ...

Hi Gerrie,

There seem to be quite a few posts about this issue, especially with the P3A.  I have had the problem as well.  Mine does get temporarily fixed by unplugging and re-plugging gimbal cables, but then it comes back again after a few flights.

May I ask how warm it is in your country at the moment and when you are having this problem?  The reason I ask is that I have just been directed (in another thread) to the following….

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... inally-fixed.85366/

It suggests that this is a heat dissipation issue and it looks like people who have attempted the fix have solved it.  The days that I have suffered these problems have all been warm days and so it is making me think it could be a viable explanation.

I am not suggesting you do try this until your P3 is past its warranty, but I for one will be doing this after my 12 months is up.

I very much doubt DJI are going to go anyway near to admitting that this is the problem by the way.

Regards

Stu
2016-9-12
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-9-12 19:12
Hi Gerrie,

There seem to be quite a few posts about this issue, especially with the P3A.  I have  ...

I'm in Sweden so it is on the average not over 20 degrees centagrade and often much cooler so I doubt seriously that the heating problem you mentioned is causing this. But thanks for you input!!
2016-9-12
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-9-12 18:35
I'm in Sweden so it is on the average not over 20 degrees centagrade and often much cooler so I do ...

No problem Gerrie,

Just to clarify...did you send your Phantom in to DJI to fix the lag issue and they sent it back with exactly the same issue?

Stu
2016-9-12
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-9-12 20:18
No problem Gerrie,

Just to clarify...did you send your Phantom in to DJI to fix the lag issue and ...

Exactly!!!
2016-9-12
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Well best of luck with that. Let us know on here how you get on.

Cheers

Stu
2016-9-12
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

If the same device and same cable work with another Phantom, then the only variable is the Phantom.  It needs repair.

Just curious, does you friend have lag when using your device your cable on his phantom?
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-9-12 22:31
Now I have been able to test the drone on another, better Samsung tablett.   He has the same drone ...

Hello Gerrie, we really understand your feeling. But as explained, we could not guarantee performance if device is not in compatibility list. It will be better have a test with another compatible mobile device so that we could figure out where problem exists. Thank you for you cooperation.
2016-9-12
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Are you and your friend on the same firmware? Same DJI GO version? Same P3 model?
Your best bet is to get another tablet, try a Apple device, a Mini 4 works great. I think the newer software and/or firmware uses more resources due to the ads, the GEO software, facebook streaming,etc etc.
2016-9-12
Use props
digdat0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft

You should try removing the app, rebooting and installing an older version. Say version 2.8.1 for android. I think it will help.
2016-9-12
Use props
Drone Flights S
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-13 04:22
Hello Gerrie, we really understand your feeling. But as explained, we could not guarantee performa ...

Please not that I  had no laging problems with, to date,  three devices not on the list  previous to the repair.  
2016-9-12
Use props
Drone Flights S
lvl.2
Sweden

digdat0 Posted at 2016-9-13 05:54
You should try removing the app, rebooting and installing an older version. Say version 2.8.1 for an ...

I googled for it but can't find it .. :-)
2016-9-12
Use props
Drone Flights S
lvl.2
Sweden

Drone Flights S Posted at 2016-9-13 07:09
I googled for it but can't find it .. :-)

I need a link to the older version of the Go app then ... can't find it.  :-)
2016-9-12
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Drone Flights S Posted at 2016-9-13 06:22
I need a link to the older version of the Go app then ... can't find it.  :-)

I don't think you will find one.  AFAIK there is no way to roll back to an earlier version of the app.

Looks like DJI are making you jump through flaming hoops here.

My advice would be find a friend or family member with a supported phone or tablet and quickly try it out and take another video like you have done above.  I'm with you on this one, supported or not supported I think the problem will remain and DJI should then fix.  

Stu
2016-9-12
Use props
Drone Flights S
lvl.2
Sweden

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-9-13 08:20
I don't think you will find one.  AFAIK there is no way to roll back to an earlier version of the  ...

I just checked about  the version we used yesterday and it was, in fact Ver. 2.9.0 so it's not the App either!  I just got a email from DJI support and it looks like they might, upon my request, give me a new aircraft as a replacement but I will continue to try to resolve the lagingness on this one until they pick it up in hopes that we can fix it ..  :-)   I appreciate all the suggestions so far ... ;-)
2016-9-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules