Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone shake & loss of connection
941 4 2016-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DoddZilla
New

Guernsey

Hi guys,
Took my P2 out a few days ago to get some sunset pics and ran into a few issues so need some advice.

The first flight I noticed that the drone was drifting sideways fairly quickly, like it was struggling to hold in position. I brought it back down and did a second calibration but it did nothing.

After taking off again the drone started shaking while hovering, almost like it was being hit by wind in all directions.

It calmed down after a few seconds, so I decided to give it a chance. Flew it to about 300ft out and totally lost wifi connection. Brought it back in and got conection back at about 150ft. Tried again a couple of times and it did exactly the same thing. Almost like the wifi connector losses conection at 300ft in all directions.

I uninstalled the app and rebooted my phone and reset the wifi controller to try and weed out the range problem but it did nothing. I've just plugged the drone in to check for upgrades to try and cure the shaking but it's fully up to date.

What else can I do?

Thanks
2016-9-10
Use props
TheRann4u
Captain

United States

Did you try an IMU Calibration?
2016-9-10
Use props
sharplkei
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Doddzilla.

Calibrate the IMU through the software. I bought a PS2V+ second hand. It was fine up, down, left and right, as soon as I put in some yaw in it flew off on it's own!! Yaw back to straight and it returned back to where I started the first yaw. I posted it on the forum here and was advised to calibrate the IMU which I did and bingo, it flys solid and clean no drift at all. give it a try you won't loose anything. I followed some Utube videos about how to do it.

Hope it helps
2016-9-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Perform an Advanced IMU calibration through the Phantom 2 Assistant Software and then perform another compass calibration. Let us know if the issue persists.
2016-9-11
Use props
roy
First Officer

Checks those props too. Shaking and vibration can come from a damage prop to. The IMU cal is your best shot. Be sure she is level front to back and side to side when you do the calibration.
2016-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules