Help with FPV camera for M600 ?
9351 15 2016-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cory W
lvl.3
Flight distance : 137953 ft
Canada

Hi everyone, I've went and ordered my self a M600 with extra controller and 2nd set of batteries, Can't wait for it to show up
anyways I've read the manual about 5 times or more haha, does anyone know or been using the M600 with FPV camera like a gopro, can you have it set up, so both controllers will have its own ipad mini 2, the main operator flys the M600 and 2nd operator only consoles camera, but can the 1st operator have the FPV gopro on the ipad mini 2 or do I have to use the SDI or HDMI to make work ??

thanks

Cory W
2016-9-10
Use props
antdrones
lvl.2
Spain

The manual says AV to FPV Camera like Gopro..., but you will need to buy a "Lightbridge 2 Cables" because the conector in AV is a "DJI Conector", and you will need to splice that cable to a "Cable AV FPV for GOPRO", you could find in ebay, amazon..., Its very important dont splice the RED cable from Lightbridge 2, because this is 12v and u could burn your Gopro..., just Yellow (Video) and Black (Ground).
2016-9-10
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
If you use the x5 or x3 camera the HDMI in is available, not sure if go pro has Hdmi out though. Yes, to your other questions about viewing different cameras on different controllers. Each controller has the ability to switch between two cameras during flight.

r
2016-9-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2016-9-11 07:26
Hi,
If you use the x5 or x3 camera the HDMI in is available, not sure if go pro has Hdmi out though. ...

The HDMI ports on the GoPros are HDMI out, so you can connect the camera via HDMI and not use AV.
2016-9-10
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-11 06:41
The HDMI ports on the GoPros are HDMI out, so you can connect the camera via HDMI and not use AV.

Hi DJI-Jamie,
could you answer a question please: if hdmi and av both have cameras can you switch between them and have the x5 connected too. Basically I want to have the option to use fixed x5 and switch between av and hdmi, I am developing a camera based rangefinder but don't want to see through it all the time as the hdmi is connected to a thermal camera on a separate controller.

r
2016-9-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2016-9-11 20:48
Hi DJI-Jamie,
could you answer a question please: if hdmi and av both have cameras can you switch  ...

Since the HDMI and AV port designate themselves as LB in the transmission settings, you can only use one or the other. Based on your set up, you can only use one DJI HD gimbal, like your X5, and one direct camera connection via HDMI or AV to perform PIP.
2016-9-11
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Thank you for the answer, alas I thought this would be the option.. I will have to think of another way.

r
2016-9-12
Use props
Cory W
lvl.3
Canada

Thanks for the help guys
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Cory W Posted at 2016-9-15 14:04
Thanks for the help guys

You're welcome, happy flying!
2016-9-15
Use props
Hammer_Time
lvl.1
Flight distance : 466106 ft
Canada

I know this is old, but we have a M600 pro roninmx comboi with srw60.  the problem is hooking up a pilots cam.  with the srw60 using the hdmi and the AV being the same signal, we bought the n1 video encoder because from what i was told , it will give you another HDMI out.  The problem is there is no cable to hook it up to anything on a M600.  Seriusly frusterated with this entire setup.  We have purchased an inspire 1 pro, inspire2, X5s, X4s, zenmuse xt, Z30, M210rtk (which is late as well) and much more totalling close to $100,000.  The way the M600pro is setup make zero sence.  we have spent another $600 on modules and receivers and everything (all DJI) and still no easy way to have a pilots cam wired in at the same time as the camera.  this is not a professional setup and is complete nonsense that a setup that cost this much doesn't do what it should
2017-7-13
Use props
Cory W
lvl.3
Canada

Hi,
If I'm following your issue right, are you trying to have a M600/Ronin MX camera with a FPV ? if so, you need to hook up your FPV camera to AV port and change in setting for sharing the bandwidth I believe.
2017-7-14
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Hammer_Time Posted at 2017-7-13 14:04
I know this is old, but we have a M600 pro roninmx comboi with srw60.  the problem is hooking up a pilots cam.  with the srw60 using the hdmi and the AV being the same signal, we bought the n1 video encoder because from what i was told , it will give you another HDMI out.  The problem is there is no cable to hook it up to anything on a M600.  Seriusly frusterated with this entire setup.  We have purchased an inspire 1 pro, inspire2, X5s, X4s, zenmuse xt, Z30, M210rtk (which is late as well) and much more totalling close to $100,000.  The way the M600pro is setup make zero sence.  we have spent another $600 on modules and receivers and everything (all DJI) and still no easy way to have a pilots cam wired in at the same time as the camera.  this is not a professional setup and is complete nonsense that a setup that cost this much doesn't do what it should

Actually, I've been using a FLIR Duo-R for FPV and have no issues with what is essentially a 3 camera setup. I'm using a feiyu-tech gimbal for the Duo-R with a custom ribbon cable for the hdmi out to the hdmi port on LB2. Yes, I do have to go into the setting to switch feeds from the DJI camera to the Duo, but this works fine for me.
FLIR-FPVsm.jpg
2017-7-19
Use props
AerdiA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 655279 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you tell me where you got the special ribbon for the duo?
2017-7-24
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

AerdiA Posted at 2017-7-24 15:10
Can you tell me where you got the special ribbon for the duo?

Aerialpixels.com creates custom ribbon cables of all sorts that solve the "space" constraints.
2017-7-26
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for being long winded. Since these post seem to be talking about an issue I'm having maybe someone can help me. I started a post about this a few days ago but no usable info yet. I'm using the M600 with the X5 and Z3 cameras and have a Flir Vue Pro R connected to the HDMI port. Several months ago a friend and I, who has the same equipment and setup, purchased the expansion kits. Until that time we had no trouble feeding the Flir video to a external monitor using the HDMI cable connected to the  transmitter. PIP worked fine as did all the camera switching modes on the Ipad or external monitor. After the install we lost most of the settings and functionality. Finally we got a firmware update and it almost fixed everything  but we can't split the video, X5 on the Ipad and Flir on the external monitor, and there is no PIP option. Now we have discovered that switching back and forth from the X5 camera and Flir is working OK  'stable' but the Z3 is having major connection issues when switching from one camera to the other. Seems the X3, he has one I don't, doesn't suffer from the same issue. SO I have a job coming up in the next few weeks and need the Z3 and Flir cameras to work together but it is not consistent enough switching between the two cameras to rely on them. I absolutely do not want the customer to see that I'm having issues with my equipment. I would like to  connect the Flir to the AV port on the lightbridge 2 to see if this could fix the issue. After all the Flir is not even close to HD so it won't matter. It may not fix the problem but it's worth a try. Sorry for the long explanation for such a simple question but I was wondering where can I find the AV cable/connector plug to do this. I think it is included in a wiring package for another quad but not sure. I purchased the Lightbridge Part 9 cable pack in hopes it would have the connector included but none would work. Was looking at the DJI Phantom 2 FPV Hub/Video Breakout Board. I included a picture comparison of the two. Appears it has connectors and plugs very similiar to he LB2 plug. ONly problem is that the breakout board is 4 pin and the LB2 is 3 pin. DJI should make every connector you could plug into the M600 available for purchase but I can't find one that specifically says it's made to plug into the LB2 AV port. Maybe I'm missing it. I haven't tried Aerialpixels yet, maybe they can help. DJI Jamie you have any suggestions? Thanks again.
AV plug comparison.JPG
2017-8-5
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

Finding the correct AV plug for the LB2 issue has been solved.
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules