Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile shipment delayed
12Next >
5204 65 2016-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ymCWeKXRJo1H
lvl.1

United States

I'm curious if anyone else experiencing delay of OSMO Mobile shipment?  I placed order on Sept 6 and payment confirmed same day.  According to DJI that it should ship out 3-5 business days after payment has been confirmed.  it's been 4 business days and shipment is still pending.  I emailed DJI support and I was informed that it will not ship till mid Sept - that's more than 2 weeks from when i order the unit?! No mentioned of any delays or backorder from the representative.  I would expect the unit would ship out Sept 12 the latest, given the 3-5 days window indicated by DJI.  I'm really looking into using it the weekend of Sept 17 but with the delay, I'm unhappy with the service thus far.
I'd like to know if anyone else experiencing the frustration and if any solutions on getting it shipped sooner.  

2016-9-10
Use props
MbJPaSgXe4mf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

UK here and I ordered mine on September 2 - as of today (11th) and after 2 emails to customer support - I have had a reply saying that there has been such a demand for the Osmo Mobile that they can't at the moment give me a shipping date, but the first email said that my order would be expedited ( I had told them I would be going on holiday on the 15th and would have liked it before then). No chance now, I suppose.......
2016-9-11
Use props
SoNiK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183248 ft
Italy

I've ordered mine the 6th of September and they told me that they will ship it on the 13th. I'm crossing my finger
2016-9-11
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3902884 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered mine and got payment confirmed on the 3rd and supposed to ship next 24 hours, this from chat after I got the delayed shipment email tonight. This was what I had been told in earlier email and chat session.
2016-9-11
Use props
ian7sue
lvl.1

Ordered on the 3rd from the UK

Payment cleared the same day.  Spoke to live chat on the 9th who informed me shipping would be the 11th

Received an email today saying that due to the demand the order would be delayed (no date given)

Just come off live chat and told that it would now ship on the 16th but still not guaranteed due to demand in the warehouse

2016-9-11
Use props
m.powley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1535 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I ordered my Osmo Mobile on the 2nd of September (UK) and was charged straight away. After chasing support on Thursday 8th for a despatch date I was told, via email, it was scheduled to ship on the 12th and then at 2am this morning (12th) I got a delayed due to demand email with no further date. This is totally unacceptable, at no point was it made clear these shipping dates were complete rubbish. I would be interested in knowing why these orders are behind other "demand" in the warehouse. I am also annoyed that I have already been charged given the long delay!!! Added to the ongoing discussions about optical stabilization issues with some phones I might just cancel. Not impressed.

Reading my fellow UK buyer above it seems they havent got a clue. I ordered one day before and was quoted a shipping date one day later... #!??

*EDIT* I notice that the order page still states shipping in 3-5 days, which is obviously rubbish *EDIT*

2016-9-11
Use props
siriami
lvl.1
United Kingdom

MbJPaSgXe4mf Posted at 2016-9-11 11:09
UK here and I ordered mine on September 2 - as of today (11th) and after 2 emails to customer suppor ...

Just had an email this morning to say that my order has shipped via DHL! Shame it won't be here for my trip on Thursday to Berlin....but at least it is on its way to Scotland!
2016-9-12
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3902884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update to above post. Got email saying shipped by FedEx, I checked tracking info and shows shipping label completed with expect delivery Wed morning. Go check later to see updated shipping info, now show Shipping Exception, whatever that means, to ship now tomorrow with delivery Thursday. At least it appears FedEx now has order and will be on the way soon. Like others a bit perturbed that paid out of bank on 3rd and 10 days later it finally ships. But if as good as they say, and like Phantom 4 I have the did get it same day I paid for it at Best Buy, it will have been worth the wait. Lesson learned, buy from local retailer, if they have it in stock.
2016-9-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its like that every time they launch a new product, In the past I would complain like you are. But now I just wait a couple of months.
2016-9-12
Use props
tbroas
lvl.1

I ordered mine on Sept. 2nd and got an email last Friday saying that mine shipment would be delayed due to high demand. I finally got an email last night at 2:30 EST letting me know if finally shipped. Looks like the 3-5 day shipping time after payment is closer to 10 days due to the large number of orders. Hopefully soon supply will be high enough to fill the rest of the current orders with minimal delay.
2016-9-12
Use props
sdavis
lvl.1

United States

tbroas Posted at 2016-9-12 18:50
I ordered mine on Sept. 2nd and got an email last Friday saying that mine shipment would be delayed  ...

Like many others (and I hope for you, too), I received mine this morning, one day earlier than tracking indicated.

2016-9-12
Use props
smoothbassman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344219 ft
  • >>>

Yeah. I just got my delay email today. Was looking forward to using it at OC bike weekend. Looks like that's not going to happen. I'll hold on cancelling until it extends to longer than 10 days.
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for the feedback.
We are sorry for shipment delay and will ship out orders as soon as possible.
2016-9-12
Use props
chadbello619
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1939117 ft
United States

I ordered on Sept 2nd, it shipped on the 7th from China, and I just got it yesterday on the 12th via FedEx. The whole process took 10 days...not bad DJI!
2016-9-13
Use props
APD3984
lvl.1

United States

I just checked via chat. My order was placed on the 7th and is scheduled to ship on the 14th. It has an expected delivery time of 3-5 business day. Maybe I'll get it along the same day as my new iPhone 7.
2016-9-13
Use props
APD3984
lvl.1

United States

Just saw that my extra battery, base, tripod and extension rod, which I ordered on the 12th, all shipped today with expected delivery tomorrow. Ah well......
2016-9-13
Use props
5D2DbssleaYN
lvl.2

My order was placed on the 7th as well, but I am not so lucky as to see it shipped yet.

Darn waiting game. I am a very horrible player of it. Even once it finally ships, I then have to wait for it to get to me. Amazon prime has spoiled the heck out of me.
2016-9-13
Use props
APD3984
lvl.1

United States

Well, Mine doesn't say shipped yet either. Just going by what the DJI chat rep said. We'll see what the 14th brings......
2016-9-13
Use props
skay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31932 ft
United States

APD3984 Posted at 2016-9-14 02:01
Well, Mine doesn't say shipped yet either. Just going by what the DJI chat rep said. We'll see what  ...

Don't count on much. I ordered and had payment confirmed on the 3rd. Still no shipment, or even an updated guess at when it might ship. They updated the store page to say "10-15 business days", so I'm assuming that probably applies to any unshipped orders, as well.
2016-9-14
Use props
ajhart30
lvl.1

United States

I ordered my Osmo Mobile on 9/3.  Just got on email saying that it is now expected to ship on 9/22 due to high demand.  That is a little ridiculous.  Well I'm going to Europe on 9/30.  I figured a month would be enough time to get it before my trip.  Now I'm doubting that.  Anyone who ordered after 9/3 can expect  to wait!
2016-9-14
Use props
versapak
lvl.2
United States

ajhart30@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-14 10:08
I ordered my Osmo Mobile on 9/3.  Just got on email saying that it is now expected to ship on 9/22 d ...

I just received the same email for my order placed onthe 7th.
2016-9-14
Use props
patrickhenrymcs
lvl.1

United States

I wouldn't be so mad but taking the cash and not shipping is just really cheeky!!!
if you have high demand let people know before they purchase.
and don't take till your about to ship!
2016-9-14
Use props
APD3984
lvl.1

United States

And as expected.........

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for ordering the Osmo Mobile.

Due to unprecedented demand, your order will ship on or around the 22nd of September. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Should you have any questions about your order, please contact our dedicated customer support team at onlinesales@dji.com.

Thank You,
DJI
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry for the shipping delays, the thousands and thousands of Osmo Mobile orders were much more then expected.
2016-9-14
Use props
APD3984
lvl.1

United States

It's all good, it happens!! Just a sign of a successful business. I did decide to cancel my order though, as I was able to find an online retailer who had them in stock with overnight delivery. Can't wait to enjoy it tomorrow, along with the accessories that arrived for it today.
2016-9-14
Use props
tzpqYkeitQVy
lvl.1

Australia

Really disappointed. It has now been almost 2 weeks since I ordered and DJI took my money (paid immediately). Was initially told 3-5 days. I don't want any more excuses, I ordered early - please deliver the device I paid for almost 2 weeks ago.
2016-9-18
Use props
Alvz
New

United States

I ordered mine on September 12. Before I clicked on the purchase button, it says, "Available to ship: 3-5 business days after payment is confirmed."
It has been 6 days now and the status is still pending. What really worries me is that I will be traveling on the 22nd for 3 weeks and I might missed the delivery if I don't get it before that date.
2016-9-18
Use props
araubas
lvl.1

Belgium

When I ordered mine, on the september 13, It was 3-5 business day. And today still no reply, shipping still pending .. and no communication from DJI.
What will DJI do for customer who are in bad situation due to their incapacity to deliver?
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

araubas Posted at 2016-9-19 14:07
When I ordered mine, on the september 13, It was 3-5 business day. And today still no reply, shippin ...

no communication from DJI
- araubas, have you ever contacted onlinesales@dji.com? You can also live chat with us. What's more, for delayed orders, we have sent out email notice.  Thanks.
2016-9-19
Use props
skay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31932 ft
United States

araubas Posted at 2016-9-19 02:07
When I ordered mine, on the september 13, It was 3-5 business day. And today still no reply, shippin ...

I finally have a tracking number. Ordered and payment confirmed on Sept. 3.
2016-9-19
Use props
ajhart30
lvl.1

United States

skay Posted at 2016-9-19 07:17
I finally have a tracking number. Ordered and payment confirmed on Sept. 3.

Same for me.  Ordered Sept 3rd. Fedex says it will arrive 9/22 to Boston, USA.
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI does apologize for the delays due to the overwhelming demand.
You won't be disappointed when you get them, they work really great. You just have to use a good walking technique for stable footage.

2016-9-19
Use props
alvz
New

United States

I decided to cancel my order and asked for a refund.
A couple of days ago, pre-sales service said it will ship on 9/19. Today (9/20) I got an email saying they don't know when they can ship. Good luck to those who still want to wait.
2016-9-20
Use props
jEo41CB01npa
New

United States

alvz Posted at 2016-9-20 02:02
I decided to cancel my order and asked for a refund.
A couple of days ago, pre-sales service said it ...

Same story. Told it would ship 9/19. Got shipment delayed email
I was considering canceling my order all day, then about 30 min ago got a shipment confirmation with fedex tracking number.
2016-9-20
Use props
bdmd10508
lvl.1

United States

jEo41CB01npa Posted at 2016-9-20 05:15
Same story. Told it would ship 9/19. Got shipment delayed email
I was considering canceling my ord ...

Yea kinda ticked about this whole situation as well. Don't put 3-5 days when you know it's not going to ship! I have a family Disney trip coming up oct 8th. I'm not expecting it to be here by then. They keep telling me to wait a few more days and that it could possibly ship out the 20th. Ordered mine one sept 10 payment confirmed same day.
2016-9-20
Use props
Adroso
lvl.1

Australia

Ordered mine on the 14th, Contacted Support on the 18th with a super friendly attitude and they said they would try and expedite it for me, but can't guarantee anything.
Got the shipping email today (20th)

Their shipping direct from China so demand is huge.
2016-9-20
Use props
araubas
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Store Posted at 2016-9-19 11:11
no communication from DJI
- araubas, have you ever contacted ? You can also live chat with us. Wh ...

Hey,
- I tried the live chat, and they told me they have nothing to do with shipment ! They told me that my only solution to get help was to send an email to onlinesales@dji.com- I received NO EMAIL from DJI that state the situation!

2016-9-20
Use props
bdmd10508
lvl.1

United States

Adroso Posted at 2016-9-20 08:14
Ordered mine on the 14th, Contacted Support on the 18th with a super friendly attitude and they said ...

Adroso yours shipped out today? If it did how is it. Orders placed 2 days after mine are being shipped out?
2016-9-20
Use props
FrustratedOsmoM
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-19 16:07
DJI does apologize for the delays due to the overwhelming demand.
You won't be disappointed when you ...

Although you say they work great can you comment on all the different kind of failures of Osmo Mobiles you are seeing on this forum? Is it in line with industry standard failure rates?
2016-9-20
Use props
araubas
lvl.1

Belgium

Hey guys,

How did you cancel your order? Is it enough to send a mail to  onlinesales@dji.com and you get refund?
I ordered mine on 13th of Sept and still no news (at the time of the order, it was 3 to 5 days shipping after confirmation ...) We are today 7 days later, and seems not to move anymore.
So I start to consider cancellation.

Thanks!
2016-9-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules