Not DJI Intelligent Battery!
21014 14 2014-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
petdcat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1650 ft
Thailand

I am getting this message now with 2 batteries that are DJI batteries. I have cleaned the contacts and that does not help. One battery is 9 months old and the other is 3 months old and only used 20 times. Anyone have solution  for this problem?
2014-9-29
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

What message are you getting ?.
2014-9-30
Use props
petdcat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1650 ft
Thailand

xzgraham@btinte Posted at 2014-9-30 17:13
What message are you getting ?.

The message is "Not DJI Intelligent Battery!"
2014-9-30
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi please try again to see whether the problem happen again or not.
If the problem keeps exists, it can be the contacts issue.Please clean the contacts in the battery cabin  and on battery.
If it failed to help, please offer me the photos of the the contacts in the battery cabin  and on battery.
2014-9-30
Use props
tmansonusa
lvl.2

United States

You are cleaning the small contacts too, right?  And of course both sides of the connectors (since both batteries are doing this, it is most likely the bird side of the connectors).

Tom
2014-9-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Check the 2 little push pins under the big male connectors to see if one of them is stuck.  I had the same problem and one of the little pins had popped out and was missing.  I got the same message on all 4 of my flight batteries.  I contacted DJI and they forwarded my email to their tech dept.  Instead of sending my P2 in for repairs as suggested, I requested they send me a new plug and I soldered it to the board replacing the bad plug in the  P2.  I paid $40 dollars for the plug.  Works fine now with no problem.
2014-10-12
Use props
oh00
New

Russia

I have got the same problem, but the problem in software not in hardware. Ive check the connection from battery small contacts to mainboard so its not a connectors or cable. also ive try another original battery but my Phantom 2 blinking red and dji assistant shows me: Not DJI Intelligent Battery!
Ive contact to support center by online chat, by phone - no support. They sent me video how to send package to germany. So i need to pay much money for shipping and repair. I would like to solve the problem local.
I think if i can downgrade from 3.14 software the error will erase...
Ive made a hard reset by connecting 2 contacts. then ive try use all dji assistant software from 1.08, 2.0, 3.0, 3.2, 3.4, 3.6, and the last 3.8. There is no future to bring back old firmware...
Is there any chance to contact the dji engineers to solve the problem local.
Ive contact mych people all over the world and its a bad reputation because dji support dont want to help me. very very pity. People must know - if they buy very expencive dji phantom it can broke and they wait for service and pay and pay again...
2016-9-26
Use props
fansc13ce9d2
lvl.1
United States

OK, Just had the same problem... and SOLVED it.

Took the battery out. Found the two little pin connectors to the battery (on the Ronin) that seem to spring slightly (I assume this is the 'intelligent' connectors). I pushed each one down with my fingernail making sure they sprang back up to full height. Flicking them down a few times and letting them spring back up (and no doubt cleaning the ends in the process) I then put the battery back on and pushed it down as hard as I could, tightening the side screw on the battery whilst still pushing down... and for the first time all my batteries work again.

I never write on forums, but this bugged me so much and I was so relieved to find the solution that felt I had to share... Hope that helps.
2017-8-17
Use props
TravisDover
New

United States

I had this same problem. Was about to return my Ronin that I bought yesterday. Then I just pressed the battery in more. Voilà.
2017-10-18
Use props
Kimmen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3301 ft

Denmark

Have the same problem,,   This is my situation

1. Complete and upgraded Phantom 2, 100 perfect working order. All system OK,,     In this one the battery is OK

2. Complete and upgraded Phantom 2, Checked all parameters, same as in No 1 Phantom, same software upgrade all done by the book, checked and measured the pins cleaning etc, even checked the connection to main board for power and 2 small pins etc.. everything ok.  BUT using battery,, No Intilligent batter,, and yes it´s the same battery used for No:1 Phantom and wit other battery as well.

So I have to Phantoms No1  working and No2 not worikng  but with the battery  constant RED LIGHT,, No intilligent battery.

So what is the issue ?

Rgds

Kim
2017-12-21
Use props
sturejo
lvl.1

Norway

I had the same problem with my old Phantom 2. Had not used it for a year or so. Got the all red light, and it refused to start. Connected to software, and got the message: Not an inteligent DJI battery:
2018-5-20
Use props
sturejo
lvl.1

Norway

I had the same problem with my old Phantom 2. Had not used it for a year or so. Got the all red light, and it refused to start. Connected to software, and got the message: Not an inteligent DJI battery: It turned out that in the batteryhousing on the bird there are two small spring connectors. One of them was halfway stuck. A few pokes with a screwdriver and it was back to normal. Bird all ok
2018-5-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I suggest you clean the battery posts in the AC and also clean the data contacts on the battery.  While you're at it, give the data contacts in the AC a quick swipe.  

Use contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol.  With Q tips.

Or best of all use this - the red followed by the gold:  https://www.amazon.com/Caig-Deox ... words=deoxit+d+gold

Goop with the red, insert the battery at least once, remove, then wipe clean.  Insert again, remove.  Wipe.  

Repeat with the gold.  
2018-5-20
Use props
Maronna
New
Flight distance : 30791 ft

Olá!
Fiz a atualização do ronin via Mac pelo software gimbal dji assistant, porém, ao terminar ele parou de funcionar, o aparelho liga mas não faz mais nada.
Removi a bateria algumas vezes, liguei, desliguei, encaixei perfeitamente e ele não faz mais nada.
Tem como eu voltar no firmware anterior?
Por favor, conto com a ajuda de vocês!

Obrigado!
2018-8-30
Use props
Maronna
New
Flight distance : 30791 ft

Esqueci de dizer na mensagem acima que no software apareceu uma mensagem dizendo que a bateria não é a bateria inteligente.
Ela é a mesma que veio no Ronin, aconteceu isso após a atualização via Mac.
2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules