So if you don't update the phantom with the new firmware
1277 6 2015-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

just released and it works just fine..... Can u just keep flying ?  Cause I'd hate to ruin a perfectly good machine if there r uncertainties.

2015-1-30
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Everything still working on ONE of mine.  I'm not doing the other two for a little while until I've got a few test flights done.
2015-1-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

gil Posted at 2015-2-1 13:04
Everything still working on ONE of mine.  I'm not doing the other two for a little while until I've  ...

I just finished my other one.  I updated one last night and have been running it through the paces on the desk.  Can't let it loose outside yet as it's a -14 today and super cold, going to warm up tomorrow and then snow.  but it passed all the tests inside as far as no firmware crashes.
2015-1-31
Use props
jmims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will say that based on my indoor testing, the new GPS firmware is the real deal. I'm getting a GPS lock inside the house. Not sure how the new firmware achieved this feat, but it appears like the Phantom does a better job of getting the GPS lock.
2015-1-31
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I'm not updating mine, it works fine as is. No point risking a bad flash for nothing new that appeals to me.
2015-2-1
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine fell out of the sky yesterday for no apparent reason.  Destroyed the gimbal though the craft flew well afterwards.  bent the gimbal frame and broke it in two places so have to spend $400 for a new one.  I was just maneuvering around for a shot and bam, it fell about 30 to 40 feet.  Fortunately it was into a muddy patch.  i wish i had waited to update the firmware.  She had only had one minor crash prior to this one.  
2015-2-1
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Flew through two full batteries yesterday on the last (not latest!) software, no issues what so ever, it was cloudy and I had 10-11 Sat's.
2015-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules