5493 83 2015-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I live at the Jersey Shore and would really be interested in meeting up with someone to see an Inspire in action.  I have been flying an XPro Heli XP2 for the last year and the Inspire really has my interest.  I fly at Allaire State Park in Wall Township.  Anyone around with one of these puppies?
2015-1-30
Use props
art
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170758 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am up at the top of the state, Mahwah area. Was thinking of starting a pro user group for UAV operators.

I need to make a trip down to Maruca's Pizza soon. Maybe we can meet up...
2015-1-30
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm just off Exit 91 on the GSP.  Where is Maruca's Pizza?  If that is not convenient, I would be willing to come up to Mahwah.  Do you own an Inspire?
2015-1-30
Use props
AcesAreWld
lvl.2

United States

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-1-31 08:12
I'm just off Exit 91 on the GSP.  Where is Maruca's Pizza?  If that is not convenient, I would be wi ...

I'm in South Jersey now (West Deptford) but I was a member of the JCRCC since I was about 7 years old with my first R/C plane. My Uncle was the treasurer and I spent just about every Sunday (and many other days) at that field.
2015-1-30
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AcesAreWld Posted at 2015-1-31 08:54
I'm in South Jersey now (West Deptford) but I was a member of the JCRCC since I was about 7 years  ...

Cool .... I think your Uncle is still a member of JCRCC.  He lives in Lakewood and I met him face to face last year.  There are allot of nice guys in the club.  Still trying to see if there is anyone out there that has an Inspire.
2015-1-30
Use props
AcesAreWld
lvl.2

United States

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-1-31 10:40
Cool .... I think your Uncle is still a member of JCRCC.  He lives in Lakewood and I met him face  ...

Yeah he is still a member, and yes he is in Lakewood now.
I have an Inspire1... shoot me at e-mail: contact [at] rchelicam [dot] com
2015-1-30
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AcesAreWld Posted at 2015-1-31 10:45
Yeah he is still a member, and yes he is in Lakewood now.
I have an Inspire1... shoot me at e-mail ...

Just shot you over an email .
2015-1-30
Use props
MarkNJ
lvl.2

United States

Morris County here... Phantom, Inspire (and Ronin) user.
2015-1-30
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MarkNJ Posted at 2015-1-31 14:16
Morris County here... Phantom, Inspire (and Ronin) user.

Hello MarkNJ .... I have been in touch with AcesAreWld.  AcesAreWld, also has an Inspire.  I'm interested to see if someone would be willing to meet up with me and allow me to watch them fly their Inspire before I take the financial plunge and place my order.
2015-1-31
Use props
art
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-1-31 08:12
I'm just off Exit 91 on the GSP.  Where is Maruca's Pizza?  If that is not convenient, I would be wi ...

Maruca's is down in Seaside. Awesome pizza. And yes, I do have Insprire1.

Art at OTEK dot tv
2015-1-31
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

art@otek.tv Posted at 2015-1-31 20:08
Maruca's is down in Seaside. Awesome pizza. And yes, I do have Insprire1.

Art at OTEK dot tv

Thanks Art .... I just dropped you an email to see if we could coordinate meeting up.  I was wondering if you would be flying your inspire anytime soon that I might be able to see you fly it?
2015-1-31
Use props
art
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I sent you back an email yesterday. Let me know if that works,
2015-2-1
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Art ... please try again.  I never received it.  Thanks.
2015-2-1
Use props
hcorn82
lvl.1

United States

Art,
I would love to see the inspire in action as well. I am in westchester. If you'd let me, I would love to tag along on your next flight.
2015-2-1
Use props
art
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hcorn82 Posted at 2015-2-2 02:34
Art,
I would love to see the inspire in action as well. I am in westchester. If you'd let me, I wou ...

shoot me an email, art at otek dot tv
2015-2-1
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

art@otek.tv Posted at 2015-2-2 05:48

Just did now.
2015-2-1
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

art@otek.tv Posted at 2015-2-2 05:48

Art ... pulled the trigger and ordered my inspire today.
2015-2-8
Use props
joeevaristo
lvl.1

United States

I'm in East Brunswick myself--I grew up in the Toms River area. I'm expecting my Inspire to arrive on Tuesday.

I come from the video side of things--primarily an editor--so this is my first RC craft. I'd love to see what else is going on in the RC video arena locally, schedule permitting.
2015-2-12
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

joeevaristo Posted at 2015-2-13 02:43
I'm in East Brunswick myself--I grew up in the Toms River area. I'm expecting my Inspire to arrive o ...

I would be interested in getting together.  If you are from Toms River Area, you probably heard of Allaire State Park.  I'm a member of a club that has access to a flying area in the park.  It is a sweet setup.  If you are interested in meeting up, you can be my guest.  The gate is locked and only club members have access.  My Inspire is being shipped to Florida as that is where I will be over the next few months.  I return in late May.

No I don't do this by profession.  I just enjoy flying and videography.  I'm an scuba instructor (on the side so that is where the videography comes in for me).  The idea that I can do video in the air has always intrigued me.  I have been flying now (different quad) for over a year now.

So if you are interested, we could meet up this spring .... sound okay with you?
2015-2-12
Use props
stuzphotos.gmai
lvl.2

United States

I'm also in Morris County I also have an Inspire and would be interested in connecting with other NJ pilots
2015-2-12
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

stuzphotos.gmai Posted at 2015-2-13 06:38
I'm also in Morris County I also have an Inspire and would be interested in connecting with other NJ ...

Lets do it .... same thing to you.  I will be back in Jersey in the spring.  I'll post something here in April and maybe we could connect.
2015-2-12
Use props
joeevaristo
lvl.1

United States

Sure, sounds greats! I am somewhat familiar with Allaire, and would love to check it out.

I can see how scuba would be fun to shoot--I edited some video for the MATES academy back when they included scuba in their curriculum, and even the ground level shots were neat.

My interest in quads came from realizing that they're basically a flying dolly jib crane. It seems obvious what kind of impact a tool like this will have on my industry, and I want to be in one of the first waves.
2015-2-12
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

joeevaristo Posted at 2015-2-13 07:55
Sure, sounds greats! I am somewhat familiar with Allaire, and would love to check it out.

I can se ...

What a small world!  I teach scuba part time for Divers Two and remember the Mates Academy when they had scuba as a part of their curriculum.  
2015-2-12
Use props
joeevaristo
lvl.1

United States

Oh neat! They have an awesome program at that school--I know they were incredibly disappointed when they had to cut scuba.
2015-2-12
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

joeevaristo Posted at 2015-2-13 10:38
Oh neat! They have an awesome program at that school--I know they were incredibly disappointed when  ...

We were too.  We had a longtime relationship with the school.  I'm sure it was for budgetary reason.
2015-2-13
Use props
joeevaristo
lvl.1

United States

If I recall correctly, it was actually for insurance reasons--their provider wasn't willing to cover it anymore. So it forced their hand.

The sample we have on Youtube still includes some scuba footage: http://youtu.be/NwMC7nX8o-k
2015-2-13
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

joeevaristo Posted at 2015-2-13 22:56
If I recall correctly, it was actually for insurance reasons--their provider wasn't willing to cover ...

Thanks for sharing the video ... I enjoyed it.  Sharon was the instructor in the scuba pool video clip.  Both she and Steve were the main instructors for the program there.
2015-2-13
Use props
joeevaristo
lvl.1

United States

You're welcome! It's one of my favorite projects. My top career goal is doing video in a science communications capacity, full time--it's the most exciting project I have the pleasure to work on each year.

I didn't have a chance to meet them, my employer went on that shoot solo. But I look back on that footage and it leaves me in awe every time. A few of the students we interviewed had even mentioned how much they loved the scuba training. A short clip even made its way to my edit reel: (Sorry, I LOVE sharing my work. I can't wait until I can share drone footage, too!)
2015-2-13
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

joeevaristo Posted at 2015-2-14 00:20
You're welcome! It's one of my favorite projects. My top career goal is doing video in a science com ...

Excellent footage ... I enjoy watching other's video because it give me ideas of my own.  I don't do this stuff professionally .... just a hobby for me
2015-2-13
Use props
joeevaristo
lvl.1

United States

I'm also part of an independent film group--as a hobby--based in East Brunswick/Edison area. If you're interested in checking it out, you're certainly welcome. Lookup Central Jersey Indie Film on Facebook. It's mostly video hobbyists, and they welcome people of all skill levels.
2015-2-13
Use props
mikewall00.gmai
lvl.1

United States

I'm in the Monmouth County area all the time.  Would love to get an Inspire meet up together once the weather gets out of the single digits!  Anyone feel free to PM me.
2015-2-13
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mikewall00.gmai Posted at 2015-2-14 08:31
I'm in the Monmouth County area all the time.  Would love to get an Inspire meet up together once th ...

The invite is also extended to you as well.  I will be back in NJ at the end of April and if you are interested in being a guest of mine at Allaire State Park, I will post a meeting time and date when I return. Our club flying area is locked so the only way to gain access is through a club member.  Again, I will post something her when I return to the shore.
2015-2-13
Use props
jaisonp
New

United States

Check this out pretty kool ideas in etsy for DJI INSPIRE 1 https://www.etsy.com/listing/222562637/dji-inspire-1-stickers[img][/img]
2015-2-13
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jaisonp@mac.com Posted at 2015-2-14 10:23
Check this out pretty kool ideas in etsy for DJI INSPIRE 1 https://www.etsy.com/listing/222562637/dj ...

Definitely cool
2015-2-14
Use props
mikewall00
lvl.1

United States

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-2-14 09:28
The invite is also extended to you as well.  I will be back in NJ at the end of April and if you a ...

Thanks for the invite.  Looking forward to it!
2015-2-18
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yeah .... to all my fellow Jerseyans that own inspire 1 ... I took a maiden voyage with my bird today.  It wasn't long because I was out to beat the rain.  We at 10-12 knots blowing and it handled like a champ.  Can't wait to get out and fly again.
2015-3-7
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

China

Glen Gardner, Hunterton township here.
2015-3-7
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello Glen ... thinking about putting a date together in May to meet up to fly our Inspire's .... are you up for it?  Our club has a beautiful flying field up at Allaire State Park in Wall Township, NJ
2015-3-9
Use props
tedbotic.gmail
lvl.2

United States

Hello NJ inspire 1 flyers! My inspire is slated to arrive tomorrow, just got a confirmation email from UPS. I am in Morris County near Morristown. Looking forward to flying my new drone and meeting other operators in the state. We have lots of great parks nearby (I am really excited at flying in the Great Swamp).
Happy flying!
2015-3-26
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tedbotic.gmail Posted at 2015-3-26 22:51
Hello NJ inspire 1 flyers! My inspire is slated to arrive tomorrow, just got a confirmation email fr ...

Are you permitted to fly at the Great Swamp?  I have never been there before ... only driven by it on 287.  I live "down the shore" and I fly in Allaire State Park (which is an established flying club and flying area).  Good luck with your new bird.  It is really fun to fly.  Make sure you do all of your updates and watch all the videos before you are tempted with that first flight.  Good luck!
2015-3-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules