Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile Questions before buying?
2461 5 2016-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
juicyhero
lvl.1
United States

1. How would we track ourselves if we are using the back camera on our phone?{:4_157:}

2. Anyone else think vlogging would be awkward because the camera on the front of the phone is way off to the side? I always wanted dji to release an osmo with a fixed monitor.

3. Could we hook up the dji osmo to use as a webcam on a PC?

I need answers before dishing out $300 for a gimbal.
2016-9-12
Use props
bleyten
lvl.3

1. Haven't figured that out yet myself. Saw a video where a guy used a mirror to set active track. Not a very feasible solution if your away from home tho.

2. It is a little awkward. I have a tendency to look at the monitor not the camera so it looks like I'm looking to the side in my videos.

3. There's no way to do it that I know of, maybe through WiFi or something but it would probably just be easier to use an actual webcam.
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

1. There's no easy way to do this now. There will be app  updates to add this function. Currently you can either ask someone else to select you with Active Tracking, or active track something mobile, like a cup, then you go and hold the cup and let the app  track you.

2. I don't find it awkward. If you want your face in the middle of the video, you can active track your face with the front cam.   Osmo Mobile won't have a fixed monitor, because it will lose the whole point. It's designed as an easy-to-use gimbal that non-professionals can afford, without the need of an extra camera.

3. Why would you want to do that?   You can use whatever app in your phone to have a video chat, Skype, Whatsup, Facebook, and Osmo Mobile will stabilize your phone. You can also Live stream the video through Youtube or Facebook.  If you want another monitor, you probably can use some app to transmit the video through wifi in real time.

2016-9-13
Use props
Adriano Araujo
First Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

"1. How would we track ourselves if we are using the back camera on our phone?{:4_157:}"

Did you guys find a way?
2017-8-7
Use props
Adriano Araujo
First Officer
Brazil

"1. There's no easy way to do this now. There will be app  updates to add this function. Currently you can either ask someone else to select you with Active Tracking, or active track something mobile, like a cup, then you go and hold the cup and let the app  track you."

Would be possible to use a picture of you in a paper or in a mobile screen? ;-)
2017-8-7
Use props
Adriano Araujo
First Officer
Brazil

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-13 00:31
1. There's no easy way to do this now. There will be app  updates to add this function. Currently you can either ask someone else to select you with Active Tracking, or active track something mobile, like a cup, then you go and hold the cup and let the app  track you.

2. I don't find it awkward. If you want your face in the middle of the video, you can active track your face with the front cam.   Osmo Mobile won't have a fixed monitor, because it will lose the whole point. It's designed as an easy-to-use gimbal that non-professionals can afford, without the need of an extra camera.

"There will be app  updates to add this function"

Is that possible right now?
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules