Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile and Samsung S7 Edge?
16532 18 2016-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnlega
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm an iPhone user - even ordered the iPhone 7+ BUT I'm also drawn to the S7 Edge. I've used Android before for a couple of years. I would miss the apps I use but I like Android being more "open". My question is - had anyone shot some video with the S7 and the Osmo Mobile? Better yet - perhaps done a comparison between it and the iPhone 6+ (which I currently have).

Thanks,

John
2016-9-13
Use props
aGmglCymCK4k
First Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Yes

2016-9-13
Use props
bleyten
lvl.3

I just got my Osmo Mobile yesterday and have only had a short amount of time to play around with it using my Note 7 (which has the same camera as the S7) and the video turns out great! I'll get some video up soon but here's a 9 second clip for the time being. Recorded in 4k, processed at 1080 with a bitrate of 8, no color correction. The flower was less than a foot away from the lens. The DJI Go app couldn't hold focus at that distance. Mke sure you set the YouTube video to 1080, it defaulted to 360 for me for some reason.

At this point I prefer using the more feature rich Samsung camera app unless I'm using Active Track which requires use of the DJI Go app.  Sorry, I don't have an iPhone 6 to compare with it.
2016-9-13
Use props
johnlega
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you - both look great. I love my iPhone but the Samsung is looking good too.....
2016-9-13
Use props
lukas3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

Hello. I just bought Osmo Mobile, using Galaxy S7 phone. But I am UNABLE to set 4K resolution in Osmo GO app! Really, it is NOT possible?! Why? When I am using built in camera app by Samsung, buttons on Osmo are not working... Please help.
2016-9-23
Use props
marc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

After initially working, the GO App on my S7 Edge will now no longer connect to the Osmo Mobile. Any idea how I can reset the blutooth on the Osmo?
2016-9-23
Use props
lukas3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

Check devices of Bluetooth menu of your phone. Osmo Mobile must NOT be paired with your mobile phone, because bluetooth connection is made by GO App itself. Bigger problem for me is missing 4K resolution...
2016-9-23
Use props
fansc5fe1b08
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know how you are able to save the video??
I am using my osmo mobile with a galaxy S7 and I see no option to save the videos I've made.
I can see all my videos from within the DJI Go app, but I don't see any option to save the video to my phone so I can edit the video from outside the app.
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansc5fe1b08 Posted at 2016-11-18 08:13
Does anyone know how you are able to save the video??
I am using my osmo mobile with a galaxy S7 and ...

I don't have an S7, but try to enter “Editor” in the app and click it open, there should be a button says "Save", that's how it works in iPhone
2016-11-17
Use props
Murattolga
New

Turkey

marc@mosthav.co Posted at 2016-9-23 05:19
After initially working, the GO App on my S7 Edge will now no longer connect to the Osmo Mobile. Any idea how I can reset the blutooth on the Osmo?

Hi Marc, I bought DJI Osmo Mobile and I use it with S7 Edge. Everytime disconnected at first and I did did not find a solution, but eventually the problem was solved by sticking tape here. Everything is fine right now but I wonder why this is the problem.
2017-2-13
Use props
AlexBeCool
lvl.1
United States

Murattolga Posted at 2017-2-13 09:56
Hi Marc, I bought DJI Osmo Mobile and I use it with S7 Edge. Everytime disconnected at first and I did did not find a solution, but eventually the problem was solved by sticking tape here. Everything is fine right now but I wonder why this is the problem. [view_image]

funny, but why don't you just tape the sensor on osmo mobile with black tape ?
2017-2-14
Use props
Arqisac
New
Flight distance : 42612 ft
Angola

I just got osmo mobile and my new s7 edge, and after of course watching lot of youtube videos about, and anxious to get hands on....

and i never guest this,

the dji app on iphone got manual settings on camera options,
wich, is not present on Android..... WTF.

serious DJI, what are yyou doing,

on the iphone you got the ios problem, on android you downgrade the APP !!!!!! i start to think you made the osmo as a joke. just to introduce your product to new consumer, and you make those flaws to pump the osmo sell

anyway it is a great tool, and with the osmo app or other app we will get amazing shots,

just answer those fan, who love your produtcs, and please put manual settings on the android DJI APP.
2017-6-11
Use props
fans2a594314
New
Flight distance : 1004 ft
United States

Had my osmo for 5 days, was supposed to be the catalyst for my photography business.  Does not work well with the S7.  I had the mavic...went out (gimball), osmo..connection issue.  I am now putting everything behind the phantom 4pro+.  Last shot.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans2a594314 Posted at 2017-7-24 23:28
Had my osmo for 5 days, was supposed to be the catalyst for my photography business.  Does not work well with the S7.  I had the mavic...went out (gimball), osmo..connection issue.  I am now putting everything behind the phantom 4pro+.  Last shot.

By connection issue you mean Samsung S7 cannot detect the Osmo wifi or the image transmission is black? We would love to help you if you could provide more details.
2017-7-26
Use props
hmart
lvl.1

Canada

I just got the osmo mobile, but i can't download the DJI go form google play. It tells me that my samsung S7 is  an incompatible device.

I'm running Andriod 7.0

How did you fellow S7 owners get the app installed?
2018-1-3
Use props
hmart
lvl.1

Canada

I just got the osmo mobile, but i can't download the DJI go form google play. It tells me that my samsung S7 is  an incompatible device.

I'm running Andriod 7.0

How did you fellow S7 owners get the app installed?
2018-1-3
Use props
UAVTom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

S7 or S8 are far better and they are water proof.
2018-4-22
Use props
NickMe
Italy

What about the optical stabilization of the Samsung S7?
Can you deactivate from the menu?
Do videos made with the DJI app have problems if optical stabilization is active?
2018-5-15
Use props
NickMe
Italy

Can anyone confirm that the Samsung S7 Edge works well with the Osmo Mobile 2 even after upgrading to Oreo?

I have not updated yet for fear of having problems with the DJI GO android app.

Do all features of the app continue to work with Oreo, including 4k recording?
2018-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules