Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
dji phantom 2+ vision convert to gopro setup
6342 9 2016-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
omdawe
New

Indonesia

Hello!.. i guess my question been answered but i cant find it!..

I live in Indonesia (with little or none existing of DJI parts) and i want to upgrade my DJI Phantom 2+ to have a GoPro camera + gimble instead!..

So a mate of mine could pick up the parts in Australia for me but when i called a shop close to him, they did not know what kind of parts i needed to do this convertion!..

So here i am asking what parts and how to do this so i could tell the shop what i need!

Thanks for any advice!

2016-9-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can fit a gimble and Gopro to a P2 but the P2V+ isn't compatible with a Gopro.
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Omdawe, Phantom 2 V+ does not support GoPro camera, that means you could not upgrade it your DJI Phantom 2+ to have a GoPro camera + gimble instead.
2016-9-14
Use props
omdawe
New

Indonesia

But for sure i could take off the camera thats on my DJI Phantom 2+ and put a gimble that fits a GoPro!. for sure.. with some type of FATSHARK that would broadcast the camera to me!
2016-9-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

omdawe@yahoo.co Posted at 2016-9-14 18:52
But for sure i could take off the camera thats on my DJI Phantom 2+ and put a gimble that fits a GoP ...

You would have no way to control of the Gopro or the gimbal  or view through the camera so it wouldn't be an upgrade
You need to find a straight Phantom 2 if you want to go with a Gopro but it would probably be cheaper and definitely much better to just buy a P3.
2016-9-14
Use props
omdawe
New

Indonesia

Ooo that sounds crap!.. But the P3 and the P4 are so limited!

Anyway thanks for all the advice !
2016-9-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

omdawe@yahoo.co Posted at 2016-9-14 20:46
Ooo that sounds crap!.. But the P3 and the P4 are so limited!

Anyway thanks for all the advice !

P3 & P4 limited?   
How?
Wait till you see how much more limited your plan would be.
2016-9-14
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

omdawe@yahoo.co Posted at 2016-9-14 18:52
But for sure i could take off the camera thats on my DJI Phantom 2+ and put a gimble that fits a GoP ...

Can be done.
I have a GoPro 3+ BE and a GoPro 4  BE on my P2 VISION PLUS with a zenmuse H33D. Others have modded to aftermarket gimbals and other video feeds.

Here is mine with the Hero 4 Black using the 30pin Rear Port.

This same bird has been modded with sony CCTV camera with the Samsung Gear 360 to do 360 VR flights.

Many have this mod. The hack is cheap. You just need a $10 15cm Zenmuse cable and reroute 1 cable from the wifi module.

Here is the link for more information.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 2213815&page=17 (Pitcher8811's comment is the how to).

2016-9-14
Use props
x2EkCkz6oYPr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8215 ft
Germany

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-9-15 07:46
Can be done.
I have a GoPro 3+ BE and a GoPro 4  BE on my P2 VISION PLUS with a zenmuse H33D. Othe ...

Hi quanthonytrang,
I am unfortunately not very fit in this kind of modding. However, if I understand the information your link leads to correctly, than there is no soldering required to get the P2 Vision+ retro fitted to Zenmuse/GoPro and get the FPV. It requires "just" to re-route some of the cables and add a $10 cable. Is my understanding correct?
BTW I can not see your pictures. Can you please re-post them. Thanks.
2016-9-20
Use props
omdawe
New

Indonesia

@quanthonytrang
Thanks, I will be looking in to rcgroups.com forum!.. thanks for the help!
2016-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules