Having problems with Inspire 1 v2 dual remote control and softwar...
2370 9 2016-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42818 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi guys,
I just got a brand new I1 with dual RC. My problem is the following and you advise will be greatly appreciated.
The I1 FW version is 1.9.130+
The main RC is 1.6.0
The 2nd RC is 1.4.30
Camera is 1.8.1.00
The App is 2.9.1
I have and iPad air
I discover a problem during my initial setp up of the bird. I could not get the bird to disengage the trasport postion with the RC despite the iPad making connection with the bird.
I though the problem was mechanical until I tried to to this with the Other RC. I made the connection and I have managed to succesfuly fly the I1. How good and far and so forth I have not ried yet. I want to fix the 2nd RC situation first.
I would like to knwo what would be the best way to proceed.
Questions:
1- Is this configuration as hihglighted above the latest or do I need to upgrade still the I1, main RC, Camera and App?
2- How do I upgrade the 2nd RC and to what version?
I don't want to mess up the bird since I got it. So I would appreciate one of the moerator to advise me of the best way to proceed. I want to test the two RC capabilities of the bird
I have used a P3 before so I have some basic knowledge in this sense. But I'm totatlly new to the I1
Thank you in advance and look forwards to your help
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Darth, the firmware are not latest for all of them, please upgrade them to the latest firstly and connect again, the latest firmware for remote controller is 1.7.40, you could upgrade it through APP.
Please check this video firstly and then upgrade the remote:

2016-9-14
Use props
DarthDrone
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-14 20:50
Hello Darth, the firmware are not latest for all of them, please upgrade them to the latest firstly  ...

Thanks DJI Natalia,
can you confirm if the I1v2 latest version is 1.9.130+
Do I only need to upgrade the RC or the I1 and Camera?
2016-9-14
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DarthDrone Posted at 2016-9-14 07:13
Thanks DJI Natalia,
can you confirm if the I1v2 latest version is 1.9.130+
Do I only need to upgra ...

First read this link , it is my tips page :  http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

You need to update both the RC controllers to 1.7.40 ( THE SLAVE IS NOT UP TO DATE )   BUT ALWAYS UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT FIRST !!! YOU ARE UP TO DATE ON THE AIRCRAFT , THIS IS FOR FUTURE REFERANCE.  ( I have a feeling , you did not do it this way )

I am assuming that you did the registration process first and perhaps tested the equipment before upgrading . I hope you at least registered with DJI.

1.8.1.00  is the latest update for the X3 camera and 1.9.1.30 is the latest update for the aircraft

The reason you got stuck in Transport Mode is you updated the RC transmitter before the Aircraft  ( Not my first Rodeo ...  )   I bet what you did was linked the slave to be the Master to get out of the transport mode.  IN the future this wont happen if you  ALWAYS UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT FIRST,, even if the Go app says update is available to the RC tranmitter dont do it !  Check on the Release notes if there is an update for the Aircraft as well.  You lucked out having the second Transmitter or you would have had to rollback the master to the previous version .  

Remeber, you can only have one Master RC Transmitter.

Update the slave remote the same way you did the master .  The SLAVE IS THE ONLY DEVICE  NOT UP TO DATE.  THE + SIGN  I EXPLAIN IN MY LINK.  TO CUT TO THE CHASE  ON THAT , YOU ARE OK.

Your Go App is up to date.  

The moderators do a pretty good job, but you will be suprised what a few of us formum members know as well........

Good Luck and Go Slow and now read that tips page link FIRST, IT IS ONE PAGE , TAKE 5 MINUTES .  

Of course you can simply wait for the moderator to help you out, I understand, up to you .

Just to confirm you have the Inspire 1 V2 with the X3 Camera and dual remotes correct ?

****NEVER UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT WITH THE TRANMITTER ON AND DONT UPDATE THE RC WITH THE AIRCRAFT ON, THIS CAN CORRUPT THE VIDEO TRANSMISSION MODULE...................TRUST ME ON THIS

Dont link the Slave to the Aircraft either ( I have seen this mistake also )  the slave communicates with the master and NOT the aircraft, all you will be doing is "finding" the Master RC with the slave RC.  This is accomplished on the Remote control settings of the go app.  Just make sure both RC  transmitters are on the same version  ( ie ;1.7.40 )  Make sure the Master indeed has control of the aircraft and then " Find " the master via the slave remote.( both must be on  and one which contorls the aircraft is Master and the other would be "slave )   There are videos on dji and also you tube, just wanted to mention this so you did not try to 'bind' both transmitters to the aircraft

have fun and good luck .  

donnie

2016-9-14
Use props
christian
lvl.1

Sweden

I have upgraded master and slave to the latest 1.7.40.
But the controls do not work on slave, just buttons. Does anyone have the same error.
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

christian@textd Posted at 2016-9-14 23:17
I have upgraded master and slave to the latest 1.7.40.
But the controls do not work on slave, just  ...

When you were setting the slave RC, did you select the button to "request control"?
2016-9-14
Use props
DarthDrone
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-15 00:26
First read this link , it is my tips page :  http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

You need t ...

Thanks Donnie for the advise. I got the whole thing up and running. I had read your thread already.
My main problem when I get stuck is that I find difficult to navigate in this forum to find the right info. Anyhow the issue was that when they put my order at the shop they stuff up and got me one single remote I1 so they gave me one they had in stock. I guess this is the reason for the difference in RC firmware. I just grab the first RC assuming both would be identical. I have set one as master and the other as slave. I have tested that all works. Now I have to wait for the rain to clear and FLY!!!!{:4_181:}
2016-9-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DarthDrone Posted at 2016-9-15 04:54
Thanks Donnie for the advise. I got the whole thing up and running. I had read your thread already ...

Yes, I agree the forum can be difficult to navigate.  Be sure that you are getting curretn information, there are several old threads that sometimes spring back to life with out- dated and potentially harmful data.

Also look for consensus among members, dont just take my word for it or any others, gather data then make a informed decision.  

If you ever need any help and cant find the answer here ,you can send me a e- mail as well, I will do my
best to answer quickly.

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

donnie
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DarthDrone Posted at 2016-9-15 17:54
Thanks Donnie for the advise. I got the whole thing up and running. I had read your thread already ...

Good to hear you're up and running.
2016-9-15
Use props
DarthDrone
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-15 22:26
Yes, I agree the forum can be difficult to navigate.  Be sure that you are getting curretn informat ...

Thanks Donnie I will contact you for sure. I appreciate your kind offer
2016-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules