1072 8 2016-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1505531 ft
  • >>>
United States

A few weeks ago I flew my Inspire 1 Pro to practice my flying skills. I'm not an agressive pilot and like to fly slow and with lots of control with I film. When I landed my Inspire and was ready to pack her up for the day, I noticed that the left front motor rotated less freely compared to the other three motors. Does anyone know what might be going on? I also noticed that this particular motor felt a little more hotter than the others. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
2016-9-14
Use props
jayredone10
lvl.4

Could be defective. I had to replace mine because the ESC went out. Maybe a DJI rep can weigh in.
With no prop on and spun by hand my CCW motor would stop after half of a rotation. All my other motors  make at least a full rotation. No debris inside.
Its like the magnets are not right.
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the motor is much warmer then the other three it may be starting to wear the bearings. If it's been like that from the get-go then it could just be a little more magnetized.
If it continues to get worse then you may want to send it in.
How old is it and how many flights does it have?
2016-9-14
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

After about 700 flights one of my motors started like yours - spinning less freely and getting a bit hotter. Probably the bearrings wearing out - did not bother to investigate it any further - just bought a new one and swapped it ( Ken Booth advised me to swap it). Easy to fix yourself. I did fly about 30 flights before I swapped it.
2016-9-14
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-14 15:02
If the motor is much warmer then the other three it may be starting to wear the bearings. If it's be ...

I've had it since March, 15, 2016 and only have 45 flight flights on it. Not sure what's going on. It still flies but feeling unsure about flying it now. How long is the warranty on the Inspire pro?
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

DFWdude4DJI Posted at 2016-9-17 01:29
I've had it since March, 15, 2016 and only have 45 flight flights on it. Not sure what's going on.  ...

I believe it's still under warranty, please call 818-235-0789 and they will take care of you.You've also used low pressure compressed air so see if there's tiny rebris in it?
2016-9-16
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-17 01:34
I believe it's still under warranty, please call 818-235-0789 and they will take care of you.You've ...

I blew some compressed air in the motor and it still rotates tight. I contacted DJI and they created a case number and will be sending me a shipping label. Ugh! I hate separating from my I1Pro. I'll have to fly my P4 for now. Luckily I'm within the 6 month window from the time it was purchased.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DFWdude4DJI Posted at 2016-9-30 06:13
I blew some compressed air in the motor and it still rotates tight. I contacted DJI and they creat ...

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties, but you'll be up and running again in no time.
2016-9-29
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank goodness I discovered these issues while still under warranty. DJI support contacted me and said that two motors were replaced and I was still under warranty. They're sending it back to me in a couple of days. Personally, I think the warranty needs to cover 1 year from time of purchase instead of 6 months. Other than that, service turnaround time was very fast.
2016-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules