GOOGLE maps
2800 9 2014-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

hi outthere...

i try to figure out why my GS on IPAD is not updating like Maps plus why i have so many blury areas where in Maps i doesnt have...:@
2014-9-30
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you connecting the iPad to the internet first, via wifi, and letting the maps load in the GS or Vision app, then disconnecting from your internet wifi and connecting to the Phantom Wifi?

Just curious, becomes sometimes I forget to do this as well. Just a thought!
2014-10-1
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

hi tony, yes i do but its always the same.. some places are crystal clear, some really not able to identify.. :@
2014-10-3
Use props
nig_smith
Second Officer

United Kingdom

chris Posted at 2014-10-4 11:10
hi tony, yes i do but its always the same.. some places are crystal clear, some really not able to i ...

I don't believe the APP actually uses Google images but instead uses old Microsoft Bing images. If I look at my location in the GS App there's a car in my driveway that I sold nearly 14 years ago, where as on Google maps the image is from 2009.

Regards

Nidge
2014-10-15
Use props
DJI-Tenna
lvl.2

China

You need to connect into the internet and check the map position you need to see, let the google map to buff.
Then GS will store the map information.
Before you using GS, you need internet to update map details.
2014-10-15
Use props
dspallas
lvl.1
U.S. Virgin Islands

Have the same issue.. the App's map is a couple of years out of date. App's map shows me local school with dirt field next to it.
Current Google Earth map shows the dirt field to be the track-and-field to be that was built about 5 (five) ears ago.
Am connecting properly to the Internet with App, but the map never once updates....
Looking forward to a suggestion to resolve this issue... if it's possible at all...
2014-10-21
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

DJI-Tenna Posted at 2014-10-16 13:43
You need to connect into the internet and check the map position you need to see, let the google map ...

not working.. still very old maps
2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

if you have a smartphone with tethering option, then take it to the flying area and use it as a wifi hotspot. you should then have good maoing, if the areas are still blurry then its the google map data thats out of date.
as far as im aware it uses google maps not bing....but i may be wrong.
2014-10-26
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

doesnt work...
2014-11-19
Use props
bazhuty
New

Israel

Does anyone knows if it’s possible to upload Google’s mymap or if there is any way to customize and label the map
2015-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules