Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Top speed
12Next >
4814 46 2016-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

Well I opened my drone up to night on flight # 10.  I fly around 20-25 for most of my flights as a newbe. After no problems with my P4, I finally flipped it over to the s spot, yes friends. SPORT mode.
43 mph into the wind, 46+ down wind.  Very impressed.  How often does a company deliver what they advertise.  I have not looked at the video yet, but it has to be impressive at that speed.

Getting close to losing my newbe status!  Only have to do a few more tricks with it this week end. Following and object and point and fly.  So close wish me luck.
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's great to hear you're enjoying your new aircraft. Just remember that obstacle avoidance is not enabled in Sport Mode.
2016-9-14
Use props
peter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Just stay well away from the ground *always* and also, while you get used to the responsiveness and turning circle, well away from other objects.
2016-9-14
Use props
MAD35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4387201 ft
Australia

Haha good stuff, check out the end of this video where I was flying about 1ft off the ground at top speed in sports mode.

2016-9-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had my p4 going 60 mph plus several times,  lots of fun.
2016-9-15
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

MAD35 Posted at 2016-9-15 04:51
Haha good stuff, check out the end of this video where I was flying about 1ft off the ground at top  ...

Too cool!!
2016-9-15
Use props
jwt873
First Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I think there are a few 'top speed' threads here already..   But my best so far is 57.2 Mph or 25.57 meters per second.

And MAD35..  Love your low level zooming vid
2016-9-15
Use props
micknstace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

MAD35 Posted at 2016-9-15 19:51
Haha good stuff, check out the end of this video where I was flying about 1ft off the ground at top  ...

Nice, I'm not game enough to do that over water, I've done it over land at about 1 meter.
My top speed to date is 100km/h.
2016-9-15
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.1

United States

Will the carbon fiber propellers make it faster or is it the same as the white ones?
2016-9-15
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

If I'get going as fast as you guys I'll have bring  a change of pants[/
So many thing I can try .
2016-9-15
Use props
ericpena529
New

Can anyone help me this is my first time flying the phantom 4 and its been flying in the 40s in p mode just found out outut s mode and now my flight records say in the hight 60s it did fly away on me 3 times and crashed but im not sure if im the problem or the is it the aircraft please help
2016-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

My P4 traveled at a speed of 560mph on its way from China to Ireland lol,( 25m/s 56mph)
2016-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ericpena529 Posted at 2016-9-20 21:15
Can anyone help me this is my first time flying the phantom 4 and its been flying in the 40s in p mo ...

Sounds like something wrong there is mph or km , if you have obstacle avoidance turned off your P4 will go faster in P MODE, if your speed is km it's normal
2016-9-20
Use props
ericpena529
New

Its on mph and its been on p mode all the time till yesterday when i learned how to use sport mode last flight top speed was 69.4mph
2016-9-20
Use props
ericpena529
New

When i first got it last week had it on p mode safe to fly took off had it about 10 feet off the ground and it just started leining to the side and crashed thought it was maybe sumthing i did then about an hour later with new set of props on did it again and crashed again also was traveling well over what i read p mode top speed is every flight was in the high 40s
2016-9-20
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ericpena529 Posted at 2016-9-20 22:04
When i first got it last week had it on p mode safe to fly took off had it about 10 feet off the gro ...

was it quite windy ?
2016-9-20
Use props
ericpena529
New

No wind at all its a hot clear muggy day here in nyc today
2016-9-20
Use props
ericpena529
New

The 69mph was today looking at my flight recs i can see it get in the 60s more than a couple of times and lastnight also getting into the 60s and no wind
2016-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ericpena529 Posted at 2016-9-20 22:23
The 69mph was today looking at my flight recs i can see it get in the 60s more than a couple of time ...

Go out into an open field and test it sensibly, I think you should sync your flights and get dji to have a look at the problem before you do some real damage, it sounds like that horse needs taming..
2016-9-20
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ericpena529 Posted at 2016-9-20 22:23
The 69mph was today looking at my flight recs i can see it get in the 60s more than a couple of time ...

69 km/h translates to 43 mph, the maximum ground speed you will see in still air is 44.7 mph.
2016-9-20
Use props
ericpena529
New

Its in mph not km im 100% sure but ok i will contact dji
2016-9-20
Use props
Crate
lvl.1

United States

MAD35 Posted at 2016-9-15 05:51

Very nice GTR.  
2016-9-20
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.1

United States

Wanna see a crazy fast Phantom?? Chek this out!
2016-9-20
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.1

United States

Heres one he posted Yesterday. WOW!!
2016-9-20
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

i reached speeds of 65 MPH with my p3a. it was windier than recommended.
2016-9-20
Use props
Bond
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364534 ft
United States

MAD35 Posted at 2016-9-15 05:51

Very nice stuff, are you using ND filters? If not I would get some and go into manual mode on video. Enable histogram to get the correct EV settings..
2016-9-20
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>

So I wasn't the only one who noticed that.
Yup, sweet ride.
2016-9-21
Use props
randaldix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 531220 ft

Hi, take a look at my top speed of 125 mph. The flight record for the actual flight does not show this speed ever being reached. Just a glitch?
IMG_0084.PNG
2016-10-19
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3902884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Y'all realize the speed indicated is NOT true airspeed of the drone, it's ground speed, i.e., airspeed plus wind speed where drone is flying. Wind speed at even less than 100' above the ground can be quite a bit more than on the surface and at 400' AGL can be significantly more. One way to determine the wind speed at altitude is to come to a hover and then switch to ATTI mode and do nothing with the controls and you will get the wind speed as shown as airspeed on the RC and wind direction by noting the direction the drone is moving. I've recently flown where wind around 10 mph on surface but when at 397' P4 was traveling at 90 mph, which is a GPS derived ground speed. This was confirmed with a very slow "airspeed" once I turned upwind in Sport Mode and increased significantly as I descended. For flight recorde showing 125, I'd really expect that is a glitch as aircraft could not have a positive airspeed after turning upwind when it's max true airspeed is define to no over 100 mph, just saying.
2016-10-19
Use props
dw goldengrove
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1818511 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I got 76.6 km/h with 40km/h tail wind so not sure how some people state 100km/h ?? Unless highly modified?
FCE40E63-95F7-4878-B18E-7C52DD747A40.png
2018-2-15
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

dw goldengrove Posted at 2018-2-15 04:15
I got 76.6 km/h with 40km/h tail wind so not sure how some people state 100km/h ?? Unless highly modified?

That figure seams really low with a tailwind, my P4P has done 63mph and even my P3S has done 50mph+. I know lots on here can beat my speeds easy.
2018-2-15
Use props
dw goldengrove
lvl.1
  • >>>

It’s corrext. I have friends with MAVIC AND P4Pro as well and they havnt got as high as my 76kmh .
It’s true speed not miles per second or some other measurement. As I have seen on some you tube vids from other regions ie Europe etc.

I don’t mean miles / metric I mean a different measure of speed.

Click on my you tube link watch till end of video you will see how strong wind was. I could not make it back against wind after 5km trip  HAD TO DITCH DRONE DOWN!!!!

2018-3-24
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

dw goldengrove Posted at 2018-3-24 05:33
It’s corrext. I have friends with MAVIC AND P4Pro as well and they havnt got as high as my 76kmh .
It’s true speed not miles per second or some other measurement. As I have seen on some you tube vids from other regions ie Europe etc.

Not sure why you didn't land neatly on the flat clear ground in the shelter of those trees instead of struggling over the top of them during a forced landing and then crash landing in vegetation?
2018-3-24
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dw goldengrove Posted at 2018-2-15 04:15

I got 76.6 km/h with 40km/h tail wind so not sure how some people state 100km/h ??

Those high speeds would be achieved using atti mode in a strong tailwind.
In atti mode you can go as fast as the wind will push the drone + a bit more.
But P-GPS mode will attempt to keep your speed back close to normal top speed.

If you want to keep that Phantom, you really need to learn how to deal with winds.
Flying downwind in a high wind is a classic beginner mistake and has caused the loss of many Phantoms.
If the wind is up, always fly away upwind.
It will be slower but you'll have an easy downwind return flight.
And aim to be back on the ground before you get to 20%.
That way you have a small safety margin to deal with unexpected problems.
Sport mode is not economical and burns the battery faster too.
If flying for distance, keep it in P-GPS mode with obstacle avoidance disabled.
2018-3-24
Use props
dw goldengrove
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-3-24 11:46
Not sure why you didn't land neatly on the flat clear ground in the shelter of those trees instead of struggling over the top of them during a forced landing and then crash landing in vegetation?

I could not put it down in the flat because advanced landing had kicked in and was struggling to keep it in the air. I was was trying to get near the Dirt road as a landmark as I knew i was going to have to drive to get it.

I note Labroides comment  -  I have never tried anti mode so maybe thats why my speed is restricted i will try. I didn't also realise Sport mode chewed thru battery more. I cant wait to try again.
2018-3-25
Use props
dw goldengrove
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2018-3-24 13:52
I got 76.6 km/h with 40km/h tail wind so not sure how some people state 100km/h ??
Those high speeds would be achieved using atti mode in a strong tailwind.
In atti mode you can go as fast as the wind will push the drone + a bit more.

Thanks for reply. I will try Atti mode. I have never tried as went into once by mistake and just didn't feel comfortable lost control.

As for the comment will lose drone - yes probably I have already lost a P3 but thats what I enjoy about droning testing distances and speed to the MAX it will be a price to pay I know but the Adrelanine I get from it makes it worth it.  By the way why does DJI  state Top speed of 72Km/h  or 43mph , thats why I thought the speeds spoken about on this forum are not correct  If it is in Atti mode achieved why do they not state it as a selling tool?????  Also I have just converted my records to imperial to show you Trump Landers. Also with my sons Spark I have got 34.6 M/ph or 55.6Km/h which is also way over there Specs stated. So a bit confused I will try ATTI mode and report back in a few days I hope its the case I am feeling underperformed
2018-3-25
Use props
dw goldengrove
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

dw goldengrove Posted at 2018-3-25 14:53
I could not put it down in the flat because advanced landing had kicked in and was struggling to keep it in the air. I was was trying to get near the Dirt road as a landmark as I knew i was going to have to drive to get it.

I note Labroides comment  -  I have never tried anti mode so maybe thats why my speed is restricted i will try. I didn't also realise Sport mode chewed thru battery more. I cant wait to try again.

2018-3-25
Use props
dw goldengrove
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

dw goldengrove Posted at 2018-3-25 14:53

Oh And BTW also couldn't land on the flat ground as I had lost video feed some 3 or 4 seconds earlier the footage is from the Memory card in Drone.
2018-3-25
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dw goldengrove Posted at 2018-3-25 15:14
Thanks for reply. I will try Atti mode. I have never tried as went into once by mistake and just didn't feel comfortable lost control.

As for the comment will lose drone - yes probably I have already lost a P3 but thats what I enjoy about droning testing distances and speed to the MAX it will be a price to pay I know but the Adrelanine I get from it makes it worth it.  By the way why does DJI  state Top speed of 72Km/h  or 43mph , thats why I thought the speeds spoken about on this forum are not correct  If it is in Atti mode achieved why do they not state it as a selling tool?????  Also I have just converted my records to imperial to show you Trump Landers. Also with my sons Spark I have got 34.6 M/ph or 55.6Km/h which is also way over there Specs stated. So a bit confused I will try ATTI mode and report back in a few days I hope its the case I am feeling underperformed

It's not that they flew in atti mode.
It's that they hitched a ride on a strong tailwind in atti mode.
Ride on the fastest wind and you get the fastest speed.

As for the comment will lose drone - yes probably I have already lost a P3 but thats what I enjoy about droning testing distances and speed to the MAX it will be a price to pay
Every time you fly away with a strong tailwind, you run that risk.
If you continue to do that after already having lost one drone, you're a slow learner.
2018-3-25
Use props
Alex_Law_P4
lvl.1
United States

MAD35 Posted at 2016-9-15 01:51
Haha good stuff, check out the end of this video where I was flying about 1ft off the ground at top speed in sports mode.

https://youtu.be/CVe3IQvOMMo

Amazing place and nice GTR in the back at the end
2018-3-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules